OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by allowing the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people.

I suggest you improve the OneDrive Desktop app for Mac by enabling the Finder window to display files & folders that are shared with me by other people (as I can on DropBox & GoogleDrive). Currently, I can only see files & folders shared with me by using the OneDrive web interface.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow changing name of the local top-level folder to something other than \OneDrive.

OneDrive creates a /Users/alias/OneDrive folder as it's root. Allow changing ti to something more consistent with the other user folder names, like /Users/alias/Drive.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync both the Onedrive folder and another folder

New laptops have a small ssd inside and people prefer to use an external drive. Please allow to sync both the Onedrive folder inside a computer and another folder inside an external drive, or make the possibility of support a symbolic link or give us the possibility of transfer data via sftp.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. connection

My connection dropped (it happens). After one minute it got back again.
    Check the difference between Dropbox icon and OneDrive on the attached image.
    Dropbox felt the connection dropping, but also realised that it got back together and continued working. After I'm disconnected OneDrive just gives up, It never even bothers checking if my connection is back. I have to close and restar the software.

COME-ON! It should SYNC, so that means it should keep actively looking for my files and for my connection. This is not someone I hired and that needed a break because it got tired, THIS…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ARM optimized OneDrive needed

need ARM (apple silicon) optimized OneDrive. all other apps have been updated already!!!! Come on!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create a direct delete option for files (bypass recycle bin)

Create an option to directly delete OneDrive files, thereby bypassing OneDrive's recycle bin.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

Mac it work on a mac properly ! - filename restrictions file size issues - too many files in a folder - its a flawed product

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just make it possible, to sync specific and different folders from your mac into the drive.

I want to sync different folders from my mac into the onedrive and not only sync one specific folder, where all data from the rootfolder will be saved.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it easier to choose folders for syncing (on Mac)

Setting up folders to sync on Mac was painful for me because all folders in "Choose Folders" were checked by default... I had to go through and uncheck each one. I only sync a few folders because this is my work machine (vs. home machine, with plenty of space, where I'm fine with syncing all of them.)

I'd like to see "uncheck all" and "check all" buttons.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase Upload Speed for Bandwidth up to at least 15MBits/second

I am getting a throughput of 2MBits/second on average. This is wholly unacceptable. My ISP provides me 15MBits per second upload links. Either build more server farms and localize them to each metropolitan area, host using another providers cloud, or increase your number of fiber optic links to your network center with carriers like Verizon, AT&T, L3, etc. so that the servers on your system can handle at least 15MBits/second if not more. Uploading a GB of data should not be taking this long. Files are large these days, we are sold 1TB of data as part of Office 360.…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set Optional 'Expiration Dates' for Local OneDrive On-Demand Files

It would be super great to be able to set expiration dates within the On-Demand files feature so that, if after X number of days have passed a local file has not been opened, it is automatically removed and reverts back to online status.

If we're using the On-Demand features, chances are we already feel a little tight on space (or know we're going to have to reckon with storage issues soon). Having to go back through an entire directory and free up space per file or folder saves any kind of maintenance until the last minute we when are…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 我们希望可以优先同步某些文件夹

我们希望可以优先同步某些文件夹。因为我们将onedrive当作我们工作生活的一部分,所以我们的大量文件、照片都存放在onedrive上,但是每当我们使用的时候发现onedrive有大量的照片任务正在同步,而我需要的重要文件确迟迟得不到同步。需要在同步完成几十GB的照片后才能同步。所以我们希望可以增加一个优先同步文件夹的选项控制,以同步某些特别重要的文件

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The error message at File On-Demand for iWork apps

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Files On-Demand 利用時の、iWork (Pages , Numbers , Keynote) アプリケーションのエラー表示について
    An error message at File On-Demand for iWork apps

■Description(内容):
    Mac OS X にて Files On-Demand を使用して OneDrive for Business へ iWork (Pages , Numbers , Keynote) のファイルをアップロード後に編集 /保存 すると [<ファイル名> を自動保存できませんでした。このファイルは、別のアプリケーションによって変更されました。 予期しない変更が起きたため、Keynoteでは変更内容を保存出来ない可能性があります。] という警告が表示される。
    iWork のバージョン管理機能と Files On-Demand 機能の親和性の問題と考えられるが、可能である場合にはエラーが出ないように改善してほしい。

I saw the error message [<file name>Could not be saved automatically. This file has been modified by another application. Due to unexpected changes, keynote may not be able to save changes.] when I tried to edit/save the iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) files after those files are uploaded to…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

Allow syncing of "forbidden" file types (ex. *.swf) from OneDrive for Business on Mac to Office 365 Small Business Premium

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color code menu bar "cloud" icons

When you set up OneDrive-personal and OneDrive for business, they show up as two identical "clouds" in the menu bar. It would be nice, like in Windows, if they are two different colors, so when you click on them you know what one you are selecting. Or some other distinguishing difference between the two.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. onedrive made my Macbook to an always-on fan monster!

onedrive made my Macbook to an always-on fan monster!

although there are already a lot of posts, microsoft still is not reacting on any of the posts. otherwise they should have found a solution to fix this issue making cpu/fans that busy! really unbelievably ...
    ... but this is microsoft (as it has ever been, just do own stuff and never listen to paying customers, etc.)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want to control sync on Mac

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Mac PC での同期制御を希望
    I want to control sync on Mac

■Description(内容):
    現状 Mac PC の同期を制御すると、すべての Mac PC で同期が禁止されるため、一部ユーザーの Mac PC で同期を制御できる機能を追加してほしい。
    Currently if sync for Mac is restricted, all Macs will be unable to use the sync feature, so I hope that a change will be implemented to make some users be able to control sync on their Macs.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive Personal can sync items in the Desktop, documents, Pictures and Videos in Windows but Cant sync in MAC

OneDrive Personal can sync items in the Desktop, documents, Pictures and Videos in Windows but Cant sync in MAC
    Also OneDrive Business can't sync items Desktop, Documents in windows and Mac as well.

Cant it be updated and fixed to chose above folders to sync and sync to oneDrive

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Accounts block

Please update how can I reactivate my account??

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop Lastest Mac Version Beach-Balling/Not Responding

Since a recent update the Menubar icon keeps beach-balling and check in Activity Monitor and it's "Not Responding". Force quit it and re-run it and if you are quick you can get into preferences and that runs ok but close preferences, click on menubar icon again and it's beach-balling/Not Responding forever.

Kill then re-run the app and it will sync properly. And whilst beach-balling/Not Responding it will still sync OK (menubar icon changes to show syncing, files sync, menubar icon changed back - so it's the UI or something that is locked-up as clicking on or moving mouse over menubar…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories