OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive Files On-Demand for Mac

When will OneDrive Files On-Demand be available on Mac

6,273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    340 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. remove warning: inode_val: object : invalid bsd flags

Hello,I have found a bug on onedrive for mac. I use Mojave and APFS. I reproduced the issue with the volume encrypted and also without encryption (Filevault). The bug is the following, the folder gives a warning in DiskUtil with the following format:
    warning: inode_val: object (oid 0x417de2): invalid bsd_flags (0x10)
    I have verified is the onedrive folder using the following command from mac terminal:
    find / -inum 4292066

where 4292066 is 417de2 in decimal

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Online-only support for Mac OS X

Hello! I really like the online-only feature that OneDrive has for Windows, and I'm sad that the same feature isn't available for Mac. The files I have are eating up space on my hard drive, and using selective sync doesn't cut it (the large size of my OneDrive is due to images and .PSD documents which I open in bulk for image editing, and are a hassle to download from the website every time I simply want to use them.)

I'd really appreciate it if this feature were implemented, since I'm running low on space! If not, I'm probably going…

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing files with Mac users

My business has both Windows and Mac users and the Mac users are unable to sync locally the shared business files - only their own personal files. It's made collaboration using OneDrive almost unusable. It seems the same thing happens with OneDrive for business on the iPhone - my users can't see the shared folders. Nightmare. Please fix these issues.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive for business sync client for MAC should work with sharepoint too

OneDrive for business sync client for MAC should work with sharepoint too

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive files on demand for OSX and iOS. Thank you in advance! :)

implement One Drive on demand for OSX and iOS. Thank you

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Syncing with OneDrive for Business on mac app NOT available?!

The fact that our business is now going to be paying hundreds of dollars to Microsoft and not being able to have a syncing ability for shared folders/files is UNREASONABLE! Macs are a business targeted computer option and being that the Business option for OneDrive does not have a full functionality is ridiculous. We are in the process of moving over from DropBox and this set-back is really making me want to let our CEO know that moving over to OneDrive may be a grave mistake. Knowing that people and businesses have been addressing this concern for months now and…

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix OneDrive so it works with OSX High Sierra

Since the public release of OSX High Sierra, OneDrive is unable to sync up to an O365 SharePoint document library. Downloads are fine. A clean install to OSX Sierra resolved the issue.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base