OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive on Mac?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add a "Launch OneDrive Web" option to the OneDrive Mac option menu

Being able to share files on the Mac directly from a context menu in Finder would be ideal. As a workaround it would be nice to have an option in the OneDrive client dropdown to launch directly to OneDrive web so that we can share from the website.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The latest Onedrive on OS X El Capitan keeps processing files forever after the system is woken up from sleep

In OS X El Capitan, Version 17.3.6204 of OneDrive keeps showing "processing files" forever after the system is woken from sleep. I have to quit OneDrive and reopen it. The network is good. Everything else is normal.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. should accept special characters for file names

Synchronizing with OneDrive for Apple Computers is otherwise nearly impossible, as Apple accept Special characters e.g. / for file names!!!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be aware of the inappropriate behavior for OneDrive application via Mac.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Mac 版 OneDrive アプリの動作について

Be aware of the inappropriate behavior for OneDrive application via Mac.
    ■Description(内容): Mac 版 OneDrive アプリでの同期時、同期自体は正常に動作しているが、"変更を処理しています"の 画面から同期完了状態の表示に切り替わらない事象が起きている。本事象について早急な改善を希望します。

We would inform you the event occurs that the displays is not switching from the "Processing your change..." screen to the "Sync complete" state while synchronizing with OneDrive application via iOS (Mac devices).

For this event, the users may confuse about this inappropriate behavior even though the synchronizing operation has been done successfully. We hope this event will be corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued support.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change Menulet Icon Color for Sync Errors

When sync errors occur, nothing is indicated on the icon that a something is wrong. The user has to click on the icon to see the sync errors. I propose that we make the icon entirely red when a sync error occurs, to get the user to pay attention and hopefully click on the icon to see the sync errors.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ... enable synchronization of Mac's folder "Desktop" with OneDrive

While it is possible to sync my Windows folder "Desktop" with OneDrive it is unfortunately not possible to do the same with the Mac folder "Desktop".
    Please make it possible so I always can have the same content on both Desktops.
    Thank you.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive installation on AFPS

Hi, I recently subscribed to O365, but cannot install OneDrive on my MacBook. The install goes fine until it needs to create a local folder to sync with, then I get the error that it cannot install because my file system is case sensitive, which it is. My research so far could not assist at all, and as I understand AFPS is designed to be case sensitive, and this is the way my machine was bought. Can you please investigate the possibility to allow OneDrive to install on a case sensitive volume, as I can do with DropBox and ownCloud?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. on demand for mac

Available for PCs but not for Macs

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Finder integration to OneDrive for Mac

I would love to use OneDrive more but it lacks one important feature for Macintosh users - i.e. Finder integration. Dropbox has had it forever and it now seems to have sprung up in Google Drive. It is available in Windows (except, of course, it is not called "Finder" integration). I just find it such a pain that when I upload files for clients I have to wait for them to upload, then find them in OneDrive in a browser to either get a shareable link or send an email to the client with a link. It is so much…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi, can you tell us more about what you’re looking for? Have you seen the suggestion for shared / co-owned folders? Is that what you’re looking for? Thank you.

12. High Sierra Beta - Onedrive isn't working anymore

I installed the High Sierra public beta and now my one drive connections aren't working. Just wonder if anyone else had the same thing happen. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mac Time Machine backup to OneDrive

The massive storage we get for the price we pay is great but I expected to be able to backup my laptops, PC and Macs, to my OneDrive. Currently I have a solution for file storage with OneDrive and a separate solution for disk image backups of my devices. Please figure out a way to backup OS and Windows disk images to OneDrive

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. mac

OneDrive really need a tool for monitoring what is happening on folders. I mean which folder are sync and which not, which is syncing and, maybe, what files.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow uploading Mac OS X Photos Library without the fat

Currently I keep my Photos Library inside the OneDrive folder. It gets synchronized just "fine", but as an exact file sync (expected! duh!).

However, the Mac Photos app keeps a DB file which gets updated apparently everyday, so everyday OneDrive is pushing ~300MB to the cloud. Worst, when viewing the photos online in OneDrive, it's showing me "doubles" cause it's showing the original and the thumbnails (not to mention face thumbnails from face recognition).

I like using the Photos app locally, but would like to ONLY sync the original photos to OneDrive. Feels like it's something the "OneDrive for Mac"…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add password security to access onedrive folder in Mac desktop app

Please add passcode for onedrive mac desktop app just like there is one for iphone app of onedrive. Not everyone in this world has personal laptops and onedrive is my favorite app which i use daily and and getting it on my desktop with password security would make my work very easy and quick.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive

The OpenDrive app for mac should have the option to choose the path after initial setup was done. If you decide to move somewhere else in the Mac, this is not possible.
    Make the effort and let us to decide where will be located the folder.

I am a 365 user using all the best from Microsoft and Mac.

Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive should support nap on Mac in order to conserve battery

Nap is not enabled. Moreover the app is using too much battery, while seemingly doing nothing.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce the number of steps to get to "Choose Folders" screen

I am constantly dipping in and out of the "Choose Folders" to sync screen. I think there are too many steps to get to it in my opinion. It would be great if we could reduce the number of clicks and menus required.

When working on certain projects, or if I need to reference an old project I use the "Choose Files" window to download only that folder from my OneDrive. It would greatly speed up my workflow if getting hold of project files could be simpler.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Decrease OneDrive Mac resource usage

OneDrive for Mac uses considerable CPU, even when there is nothing to sync. It regularly uses 100% CPU and runs batteries down 5x faster than normal, draining a MacBook batter in under 2 hours that get 8+ hours without OneDrive running. This happens to me on 3 different MacBook Pros. This is in all recent versions, but seems worse in clients supporting selective files on-demand. I truly enjoy OneDrive, but this issues is making it unusable.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base