OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Syncing OneDrive business with an external harddrive

I have OneDrive business and can‘t sync to an external drive. I even formatted it to NTFS with a third party software. Not even that helped.Wasted 30 bucks on that :-(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Stuck Synching errors should be reported effectively

OneDrive for Mac gets stuck - most commonly when a file is located in a shared folder which for some reason the user running the OneDrive process does not have Read/Write access to. It does not report this error, it simply gets stuck, uses high levels of CPU and writes new log files every 30 seconds or so.

There is no way to see the file causing the issue - a problem if you have lots of Sharepoint sites synching and you don't know where the issue is.

It should provide an easy mechanism to see the file that is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to keep a local folder when removing it from the sync

As a developer I keep some of the projects on OneDrive, however this means that some of the folders are generated during the run of the applications and I don't want them to be synced.
    We have an option to not sync a folder, however that deletes the local copy, which if I run the code again, it creates a new folder with the same name causing an error in sync.

Would like to see a solution where the folder can be removed from the sync but be kept locally and any changes in it to be ignored.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add more protection against OD missing local files to be sychronized

Every time I need to do a total reset of the OD client on my computer (due to the many times this https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913525-onedrive-on-mac/suggestions/32803531-cpu-usage-too-high-in-high-sierra?page=8&per_page=20 has happened, I always preserve my local content and set a new location for the OD folder. Once it has downloaded all of what OD has, I compare old vs new and always find hundreds of files which OD has missed (either not deleted or created). You have to beef up your monitoring for anything that was missed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

This is the most spammy software I have ever had invade my operating system.

Stop trying to constantly log me in. I will decide when I am ready to log in, thanks.

Stop changing the focus back to your folder in Finder. I am busy trying to do work and dont want to be constantly re-focused on what your spammy software is doing, or as is the case mostly, not doing, I will decide when I want to use/look at/tab to/ focus on your software - which is never because it GETS IN THE WAY OF ME DOING ACTUAL WORK

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Photos and Videos compressed: Unlimited backup storage

Google offer unlimited storage if you backup compressed or normal resolution (16 MP) photos and videos (up to 1080p). The app do the compression job on his own and upload photos / videos directly for backup.
    Please Microsoft give a similar service for your users. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. import powerpoint mac notes

make a function that allows importing powerpoint to one note on Mac with the slide notes -- none of the current formats for importing an MS powerpoint (exporting slides as PDF, PNGs/TIFFs, etc.) to one note keep notes associated with the slides. I have to manually copy/paste them for every slide as a result, which is tedious for a student who uses tons of ppts!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop Reorganizing my files!e

I spent hours and hours organizing my music into 6400 files into alphabetical format. I uploaded these files to OneDrive only to find that OneDrive automatically reorganized them into folders by artist and then created subfolders containing albums and then OneDrive put my songs into these subfolders along with album art. In doing this, OneDrive destroyed all the work I had done in creating 6400 individual files in one folder. I wanted my own organization so I could drag and drop songs into various Mac and Window player devices. Now I have to do all that work all over again.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More cloud storage

A bigger company with bigger cloud storage

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Logo update in Finder

The logo on the menu bar matches the new logo of the Office Suite, however the logo for OneDrive that appears in the Finder is still the old one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 선불폰판매전문 텔레그렘mademobile 선불폰 달림폰 세컨폰 영업폰 비밀폰 070 에그 라우터 전문 문의주세요 텔레그램 mademobile

선불폰판매전문 텔레그렘mademobile
    선불폰 달림폰 세컨폰 영업폰 비밀폰 070
    에그 라우터 전문
    문의주세요 텔레그램 mademobile

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve handling of directory errors

When a directory has an invalid name, every folder in that directory is also listed in the sync errors.

Please allow for alternate file names so the files in the folder can still be synched despite a folder name error (character substitution should allow that - or for this scenario just truncating spaces at the start or end of folder names).

Failing that, please don't list all the files within the folder seperately - or at least put the directory with the issue at the top of the list so that users don't go hunting for errors on files when…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customise Windows 10 key shortcut

Integrate into settings all windows shortcut combinations with ability to customise and add new ones

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Kindly Provide 1 TB of storage without any other applications

Kindly Provide 1 TB or more storage without any other applications, Now you have a bundle package deal with office applications. people who does not want office applications at all or using it in differnet machines will be benifitted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive updates for macOS are hanging/unavailable

LIke everything else doled out by crApple, the OneDrive for macOS on Apple's crApp Store does NOT download; it just hangs.

As Microsoft is undoubtedly aware, Team Crook (Tim Cook and his sheeple) redefine "horrific trainwreck" with regards to appeasing the customer.

Since we (end-users) are ignored and don't care to waste any further time with this dead company, will you (Microsoft) kindly advise crApple to get your downloads working for those of us needing them?

You have the money and ability to "finish off" the wreckage of Cook -- AND give us (at the very minimum) what Jobs could…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep stric privecy

Keep more space free

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Direct Download to OneDrive

A Finder extension that allows direct download to OneDrive - bypassing the local Mac drive -- like Google offers for Google Drive for Teams would be very welcome

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. MAC版Onedrive应用中可以进行共享设定,而不是打开网页进行设置。

IOS下,在Onedrive中直接可以进行共享文件或者查看他人共享给我的文件。但是在MAC系统下,查看共享必须要打开Web页面。但是在中国区,Onedrive的Web页面无法访问。因此我希望在MAC下,可以在onedrive应用内直接设置或者查看共享的文件

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Visualizacion de Advertencias

Ya he enviado muchas veces este comentario y no veo o encuentro forma de solucionarlo, envio archivo adjunto con imagen de mensaje que muestra la aplicación one drive para mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the error opening Word documents on organizations with 8 bits characters using OneDrive Next Gen Client

Hello,
    The One Drive Next Gen Client doesn't support 8 bit characters in the name of folders. In particular, the accent characters in the OneDriveBusiness folder that includes the organization name.
    In case of organization names with 8 bit characters, we can't open Word documents from the syncronized folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base