OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Folder Backup for Mac OneDrive

Please add Folder Backup, just like on windows10 OneDrive to the Mac version, I think there is enough interest, if you read through here, it's just all presented in such different ways, you wouldn't realize that there are enough of us that want this feature. I use both a mac and a pc, and having this feature keeps both computers perfectly synced with each other. I was able to do it myself on Mojave, using an app called MacDropAny, however, this no longer works in Catalina.....
    Please add this to Mac OneDrive, I use all Microsoft office365 products on both…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete or Keep on OneDrive

once you delete a folder or file on your one drive on a mac the file is deleted as well on the one drive cloud storage, this is not handy and it should have an option to decide what to do, because the benefit to have a cloud storage is to keep the files remotely and not locally, I suggest to give us the option to decide if:
    Delete and keep (Mac - OneDrive)
    Completely delete (Both sides)
    keep and delete (OneDrive -Mac)

The only way that i had to do to accomplish this was quoting one drive (shutting down)…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark OneDrive file folder to match System folders on Mojave and up..

While OneDrive now supports dark mode in the menu UI, the OneDrive finder folder itself doesn't darken when other system folders do -

The custom cloud icon folder requires special tagging from Apple to be dynamically darkened as part of enabling Dark mode, otherwise the folder sticks out as bright blue amongst a sea of dark blue folders when Dark Mode is enabled. This is visible and an aesthetics issue in Finder, Dock/Stacks etc. Please work with Apple to correct. OneDrive is a core part of my productivity kit and needs to match my OS!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share option

Would be nice if the new update for MacOS would have a share immediately with the system in OneDrive

For example, when you click to see more details the Share button you can choose OneDrive

Thanks

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Menulet Icon Color for Sync Errors

When sync errors occur, nothing is indicated on the icon that a something is wrong. The user has to click on the icon to see the sync errors. I propose that we make the icon entirely red when a sync error occurs, to get the user to pay attention and hopefully click on the icon to see the sync errors.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. make onedrive compatible with icloud drive

when the onedrive folder is installed on macos in the iclouddrive folder, the files and folders within onedrive are not synchronized with icloud drive. remarkably it does sync onedrve for business.
    can this behaviour of onedrive for business be extended to ondrive personal? thanks

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. support macOS 10.15 Catalina

please support macOS 10.15 Catalina

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Better options on Delete Files

"Delete on all" in context menu.

Whenever I delete a file on my device, it will download all the files first and that consumes a lot.

When I drag on the dock trash can, it just stuck my Dock process. Then I can do nothing.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Important folder protection on MacOS

I bought an office package with Office and got 1TB of cloud storage yet I can't use the Important folder protection (sync Desktop, Documents, and photos folders with Onedrive) to backup and free space on my mac.

We have it on windows and have the 'Free up space Option on Mac already. What's the issue with allowing us to choose what folders to sync outside of the 'Ondrive' folder?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The sync of pdf files with highlights added stuck

The uploading is always being stuck at 126.9 KB. Should make the sync of commented pdf files as fast as the sync of word files.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Immediate syncing for shared folders on OneDrive Business

In every desktop file syncing app...ever...you share a folder with someone and it appears on their computer. I "share" a folder on Dropbox with someone and they get it in their Dropbox folder. I share something on GDrive someone and it shows up in their GDrive folder. Box, iCloud, the list goes on. We must have burned an hour of our time trying to figure out why clicking "share" on a folder didn't result in the folder showing up on everyone's computer.
    Lo and behold, you have to open the web client, go to the folder, open the folder, and…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a "Launch OneDrive Web" option to the OneDrive Mac option menu

Being able to share files on the Mac directly from a context menu in Finder would be ideal. As a workaround it would be nice to have an option in the OneDrive client dropdown to launch directly to OneDrive web so that we can share from the website.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option not to send remotely-deleted files to Trash Can (like DropBox and everyone else does)

Hi, I just switched to OneDrive from DropBox. I'm using it to sync my files from Windows to Mac and vice versa. When I remove a file on one computer, OneDrive removes it to a local trash on all other computers and this is very annoying.

That is: if I remove a file in cloud, I have to go through all my computers and empty their local recycle bin. This is not how cloud storages work, as if I want to restore a file that was deleted in cloud, I'd use OneDrive's trash can, not the one of my computers.…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The latest Onedrive on OS X El Capitan keeps processing files forever after the system is woken up from sleep

In OS X El Capitan, Version 17.3.6204 of OneDrive keeps showing "processing files" forever after the system is woken from sleep. I have to quit OneDrive and reopen it. The network is good. Everything else is normal.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. macOS Catalina uses OneDrive to run a lot of power

masOS Catalina
    version: 10.15.3
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
    I purchased it in October 2019.

I have always used onedrive for business work.
    In the company is a win10 desktop computer, and did not pay attention to "power consumption" and "computer performance operation".
    When I started to run my MacBook, I realized that when I was working outside the network, my MacBook would always run at a high speed, generating heat, and the battery could be consumed by 1% in…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Decrease OneDrive Mac resource usage

OneDrive for Mac uses considerable CPU, even when there is nothing to sync. It regularly uses 100% CPU and runs batteries down 5x faster than normal, draining a MacBook batter in under 2 hours that get 8+ hours without OneDrive running. This happens to me on 3 different MacBook Pros. This is in all recent versions, but seems worse in clients supporting selective files on-demand. I truly enjoy OneDrive, but this issues is making it unusable.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable macOS Sidebar Icons

Give users the option to disable the automatic addition of icons to the macOS Finder sidebar from within OneDrive options. If I remove the icons from the sidebar manually, they're readded every time OneDrive for macOS restarts.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be aware of the inappropriate behavior for OneDrive application via Mac.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Mac 版 OneDrive アプリの動作について

Be aware of the inappropriate behavior for OneDrive application via Mac.

■Description(内容): Mac 版 OneDrive アプリでの同期時、同期自体は正常に動作しているが、"変更を処理しています"の 画面から同期完了状態の表示に切り替わらない事象が起きている。本事象について早急な改善を希望します。

We would inform you the event occurs that the displays is not switching from the "Processing your change..." screen to the "Sync complete" state while synchronizing with OneDrive application via iOS (Mac devices).

For this event, the users may confuse about this inappropriate behavior even though the synchronizing operation has been done successfully. We hope this event will be corrected as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued support.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive installation on AFPS

Hi, I recently subscribed to O365, but cannot install OneDrive on my MacBook. The install goes fine until it needs to create a local folder to sync with, then I get the error that it cannot install because my file system is case sensitive, which it is. My research so far could not assist at all, and as I understand AFPS is designed to be case sensitive, and this is the way my machine was bought. Can you please investigate the possibility to allow OneDrive to install on a case sensitive volume, as I can do with DropBox and ownCloud?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base