OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Mac

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Color code menu bar "cloud" icons

When you set up OneDrive-personal and OneDrive for business, they show up as two identical "clouds" in the menu bar. It would be nice, like in Windows, if they are two different colors, so when you click on them you know what one you are selecting. Or some other distinguishing difference between the two.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better support for Spanish accent

Vowels with acute accent in Spanish are incorrectly displayed. One Drive 19.033.0218.0011. Mac OS 10.14.3. Thank you.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please fix unicode/UT8 character display in OneDrive for Mac

Please fix the special character display in OneDrive for Mac. It's not displayed correctly in the recent update release (attached picture). Please do the merge request, pull and push the correct code version control correctly and test it properly before release the fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add kerberos support to the OneDrive and other Office login authentication

When I login to Office 365 on Chrome or Safari Kerberos SSO makes the process smoother. Please allow the browser that the Office 365 clients like OneDrive use to pass Kerberos sessions.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ask the user to choose sync of newly added folders when using selective sync

I see no notification for newly added folders when using selective sync.
    It should notify and let the user choose if sync them or not, along with the current default "not-sync".

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an iPhoto import tool for Mac

Please create an iPhoto import tool for Mac that enables Mac users to easily import all photos from iPhoto to OneDrive, similar to the iPhoto importer tool for Mac that Dropbox has.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable storage to SD card as Mac users use Nifty minidrive as (semi)permanent expantion

As the Mac has limited storagespace I have installed a SD card (SD-EVO) with a Nifty minidrive with an SD card of 128GB. It is removeble it sits actually permanent in the laptop.

But it is not possible to select a removable drive.

Request: Give a warning when selecting a removable station but please give the option to select is anyway!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Login Items

Just checked Login Items in System Preferences and there were eight copies of OneDrive in the list of apps to start? I have removed it in the past and reinstalled, looks like its just added and added new versions.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Finder Integration

Give us the option to disable Finder integration. I keep turning it off in System Preferences / Extensions yet it seems to turn itself on.

I finally did:

sudo chmod -x /Applications/OneDrive.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderSync.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderSync

cause I got angry.

Why offer this as an option?

Because it screws with Dropbox's SmartSync icons in Finder, that's why. And I don't care about OneDrive, but I care mightily about Dropbox.

Grr.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop Lastest Mac Version Beach-Balling/Not Responding

Since a recent update the Menubar icon keeps beach-balling and check in Activity Monitor and it's "Not Responding". Force quit it and re-run it and if you are quick you can get into preferences and that runs ok but close preferences, click on menubar icon again and it's beach-balling/Not Responding forever.

Kill then re-run the app and it will sync properly. And whilst beach-balling/Not Responding it will still sync OK (menubar icon changes to show syncing, files sync, menubar icon changed back - so it's the UI or something that is locked-up as clicking on or moving mouse over menubar…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Web Portal New Folders/Documents Safari 10.1.1

There is a problem with the onedrive web partal. Currently in Safari you are not able to create a new folder or office document from both the menu or right mouse click. You have to revert back to the classic UGI to do this. In doing so you loose the fluidity. I have previiuls logged this here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdoffice/one-drive-on-safari-1011-will-not-create-new/d0182639-34ea-46de-950e-3a3fa9216b4a

where it was suggested I post here also, thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Me gustaria tener la opcion de poder poner carpetas personalizadas en la funcion de autoguardar

Seria estupendo tener la opcion de poder poner una carpeta personalizada en la funcion de autoguardar para por ejemplo para tener una copia de los trabajos que tengo en un pen drive en la nube de manera automatica.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The sync of pdf files with highlights added stuck

The uploading is always being stuck at 126.9 KB. Should make the sync of commented pdf files as fast as the sync of word files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ad link to Onedrive website in Onedrive Icon

Next to showing the amount of storage used, link to settings and open folder at desktop, it would be helpful to have a direct link to 'your' Onedrive website when clicking on the Onedrive Icon in the taskbar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apple store Onedrive updating

I work as support of Microsoft business products and several customers requested us that the Apple store must be updated with new versions of Onedrive faster.

Thank you very much and congratulations for the new Onedrive version.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it so we can add shared folders as a child folder of our main onedrive folder that syncs to my Mac/Finder integration

When I choose to sync a shared folder with my computer (Mac with Finder integration enabled,) it creates a second Onedrive location instead of allowing me to create the shared folder as a child folder of my main Onedrive folder

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow control over automatic syncing to avoid costly mobile data bills

We are transferring Gigabytes back and forth through our OneDrive. This is fine while on our office Wifi, but when travelling and tethering to a mobile phone with limited data, can be extremely costly.

I suggest you allow some level of control over when auto-syncing happens, e.g. “only while on Wifi networks X, Y, or Z” or “never when tethering”

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync shared files to OneDrive on Mac

It would be awesome if files and folders shared with us by other users would be directly synced to a locally shared folder (shared with me folder) on the Mac. At present we can't directly open any file that is shared. We have to go to OneDrive on the web to access them.

This feature is already present on OneDrive for iOS. Would love something just like the shared tab in OneDrive for iOS.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow OneDrive to sync files inside symlinks

OneDrive does not sync the contents of symlink folders. Dropbox does without a problem.
    OneDrive should include the support for symlinks both on macOS and Windows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Mac

Categories