OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Photo Tags

Photo tags have been removed from my desktop One Drive - please please please add this back! I now can't see tags already done (and can't search by them) and then can't add more

374 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to disable ransomware recovery

I upload a lot of encrypted files and this feature gets triggered every time. I know what I'm doing and should have the ability to turn off the ransomware recovery "feature"

669 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive File Creator logged as File Owner, File Creator and File Owner should be logged seperately in Audit Log

OneDrive File Creator logged as File Owner, File Creator and File Owner should be logged seperately in Audit Log
    We have seen cases where a collaborator uploaded or created file in another user's OneDrive folder but the creator was logged in Audit log as the owner instead of the Folder owner.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the ability to scroll back (and forward) through my photos in the 'On This Day' function...

Love the idea that I can see photos taken/dated 'today' from 1 year ago, 3 years ago etc etc all on one page, but the page is only available for 'that day' see screenshot. Can we have a left/right arrows on this header to scroll back and forward to any day we choose. Viewing the On This Day feature on my phone while at work, and would love to go back and review those photos/share them etc a day later on my pc/online, but alas this is impossible.

Or even better would be a calendar picker to see 'all photos…

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”

Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”
    We want to substitute the home drive of our users. Currently we use folder redirection to enforce, that our users save all documents secure on a managed file share. Because folder redirection is not the best solution for mobile users, we want to deactivate this technology completely. But without known folder move for “My Music” and “My Videos”, the data in these folders is saved in the user profile on the local disk, without backup.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Uploading items from local folders to OneDrive for Business on the web

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Web 上の OneDrive for Business へローカルからアイテムをアップロードについて
    Uploading items from local folders to OneDrive for Business on the web

■Description(内容):
    Web 上の OneDrive for Business へローカルからアイテムをアップロードし、
    下記状態の場合、所有者へ通知でお知らせする機能の実装を希望いたします。

・アップロードができなかった場合 : どのファイル名のアイテムがアップロードできなかったのか通知
    ・アップロードが完了した場合 : アップロード操作を実施したすべてのアイテムがアップロード完了した場合の通知

Please make it possible to upload local items to OneDrive for Business on the web, and in the following scenarios, send notifications to the owner.
    ・If the upload could not be carried out: notify with the name of the file that couldn’t be uploaded
    ・If the upload completed: notify that all items were uploaded successfully.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Download files directly to OneDrive

Usually when we want to add something from the internet to OneDrive we have to download that to our local pc and upload it again to OneDrive. But if there is way in which we could download directly form internet to OneDrive it would save users time as well as data. This could be achieved by using a download link or using a browser add on. It would be very useful for people in rural areas who doesn't have a good internet connection and also a limited data plan. Dropbox and Google Drive both have this feature, so I hope…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Set the autosave location of files created in Office Online to a local location

■Title(件名):
    Office Online で作成したファイルの自動保存先をローカルに設定する機能について
    Set the autosave location of files created in Office Online to a local location

■Description(内容):
    現在 Office Online で作成したファイルは保存先が OneDrive for Business に設定されており、自動保存先をローカルとすることができません。
    最新のファイルをローカルに保存するためには、都度コピーをダウンロードする必要があるため、保存先としてローカルの PC 上を選択できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently files created in Office Online are saved in OneDrive for Business, and you cannot change this so that they are automatically saved locally.
    In order to save the most recent files locally, you need to download them each time, so please make it possible to select a location on the local PC as the save destination.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a way to view .msg files stored on OneDrive for Business other than using preview

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している .msg ファイル をプレビュー以外で表示させる機能を提供してほしい。
    Add a way to view .msg files stored on OneDrive for Business other than using preview

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business に保存している .msg ファイル は、プレビューのみでしか表示できない。
    プレビューでは添付ファイルを開くことができず、文字数等によっては表示が小さくなることもあり閲覧しづらいことあるため、プレビュー以外で表示させる機能を提供してほしい。

Currently, .msg files on OneDrive for Business can only be displayed as a preview.
    As previews, attached files cannot be opened, and depending on how many characters are contained in it, it can become small and difficult to read, so please add other ways to view these.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive on the web to have the size of the folder and it's content visible

At this moment all of your competitors provide the users with the basic ability to see the size of the data in a folder in the web UI. In OneDrive there is no way to do this unless you sync it locally. I am surprised a simple property info feature is missing in a product that claims itself to be enterprise ready.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive for Business sign-in screen UI

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business のサインイン画面の UI を変更する設定を実装してほしい

I want you to implement the setting to change the UI of the sign-in screen of OneDrive for Business

OneDrive と OneDrive for Business のサインイン画面の見分けることが難しいため、サインイン画面の UI を変更する機能の実装を希望します。

Since it is difficult to distinguish between the OneDrive and OneDrive for Business sign-in screens, we would like to implement the ability to change the UI of the sign-in screen.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add options/features to ODfB Shared pages & reporting

On the ODfB SHARED BY YOU page there is a lack of ability to drill down into more details. Oddly, the SHARED WITH YOU page has more features, such as sort, filter, and sort columns by name or date, so it would be great to see matching functionality on both pages. (Both pages would benefit from more options.)

When sharing business files, a user should be able to organize and manage that shared list much better in order to protect and monitor their intellectual property. This has been a huge pain point for me, my co-workers, and our clients…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. About sharing features like SMTP authentication

■Title(件名):
    SMTP 認証のような共有機能について

About sharing features like SMTP authentication

■Description(内容):
    親フォルダーに対してパスワード付き (「リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー」を指定して共有) で共有を行った場合、配下のファイルに対してのリンク URL を発行した際に、親フォルダーに対して設定したパスワードを用いてアクセスできるような共有機能を実装してほしい。

If you share the parent folder with a password (share by specifying "all users who know the link"), when you issue the link URL for the files under it, the parent folder will be shared. I want you to implement a sharing function that allows you to access using the password you set.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow disabling auto save ribbon in SharePoint for Office 2016

Please Allow disabling auto save ribbon in SharePoint for users with Office 2016 installed in their laptops.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow custom Icons on OneDrive web and synchronise them with your Computers

In my Opinion, Icons are able to make it easier to find folders faster.
    So I propose to add a possibility for custom icons on OneDrive web, which will then synchronize with the icons with your other Computers where OneDrive is installed.
    So when you change the Folder-icon of Folder X, every other Computer and OneDrive web will show the same icon for Folder X.
    If you don't want them to synchronize, you can turn it off.
    Important is, that you can choose between your own icons (.dll, or just a folder with .ico in it).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Behavior when copying an item in the cloud

■Title(件名):
    クラウド上でアイテムをコピーする際の動作について
    Behavior when copying an item in the cloud

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上でアイテムをコピーする際、パスの長さ制限に抵触してできない場合がある。
    大変不便なので、制限を緩和してほしい。

When copying an item on OneDrive for Business, there are times when the path length limit is exceeded, and you cannot copy it.
    This is inconvenient, so please relax the limit.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hide “Create shared library” on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] を非表示にしたい
    Hide “Create shared library” on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] を、Microsoft 365 グループの作成権限にかかわらず非表示にしたい。
    Microsoft 365 グループの作成を制限すると、OneDrive for Business 以外のサービスからグループを作成できなくなるため、Microsoft 365 グループの作成を制限せずに [共有ライブラリの作成] のみを非表示にする機能の実装を要望します。

I want to be able to hide the “Create shared library” option on OneDrive for Business without placing restrictions on creation of Microsoft 365 groups.
    If you restrict creation of Microsoft 365 groups, you lose the ability to create groups from services other than OneDrive for Business too, so please make it possible to just hide the “Create shared library” option without restricting…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add function to upload items directly to the shared folder when saving a file from [Save As] of the Office application.

■Title(件名):
    Office アプリの [名前を付けて保存] からファイルを保存する際に共有フォルダーに直接アイテムをアップロードする機能を提供してほしい

Add function to upload items directly to the shared folder when saving a file from [Save As] of the Office application.

■Description(内容):
    現在、Office アプリの [名前を付けて保存] からファイルの保存先を指定する際に、同期をしていない状態では共有されたフォルダーを指定することができない。
    そのため、同期をせずに、共有されたフォルダーへ直接アイテムをアップロードする機能の追加を要望いたします。

Currently, when specifying the save destination of a file from [Save As] of the Office application, it is not possible to specify the shared folder without synchronization.
    Therefore, we request the addition of the ability to upload items directly to a shared folder without syncing.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I Quit OneDrive

I have to quit OneDrive. I do not ever have these 2 issues with Dropbox or GDrive:
    1. No matter what I do Documents stay in Edit Mode when Copied or Sent. Blue and red correction marks remain. Useless.

1. I had a from you. Link for a Document 'Pastor in the Slammer'. I sent this Link out all over. I happened to open the Link again after a long time. This Link opened anybody who had it right into my OneDrive Account. Bizarre! I Deleted everything in the Account. Horrors that all this time this Link gives access to anyone…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increase the file size limit to 5TB (like Google Drive)

I deal with large files and can’t wait for OneDrive to beat / exceed Google on this. Google Drive has had a 5TB file size limit for over 3 years! I love my OneDrive, however, and know you guys can outshine Google at this.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 345 346
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base