OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Photo Tags

Photo tags have been removed from my desktop One Drive - please please please add this back! I now can't see tags already done (and can't search by them) and then can't add more

438 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to disable ransomware recovery

I upload a lot of encrypted files and this feature gets triggered every time. I know what I'm doing and should have the ability to turn off the ransomware recovery "feature"

730 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow recipients to work on shared file with edit permission but restrict them to further share at the same time

Allow recipients to work on shared file with edit permission but restrict them to further share at the same time

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive File Creator logged as File Owner, File Creator and File Owner should be logged seperately in Audit Log

OneDrive File Creator logged as File Owner, File Creator and File Owner should be logged seperately in Audit Log
    We have seen cases where a collaborator uploaded or created file in another user's OneDrive folder but the creator was logged in Audit log as the owner instead of the Folder owner.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add the ability to scroll back (and forward) through my photos in the 'On This Day' function...

Love the idea that I can see photos taken/dated 'today' from 1 year ago, 3 years ago etc etc all on one page, but the page is only available for 'that day' see screenshot. Can we have a left/right arrows on this header to scroll back and forward to any day we choose. Viewing the On This Day feature on my phone while at work, and would love to go back and review those photos/share them etc a day later on my pc/online, but alas this is impossible.

Or even better would be a calendar picker to see 'all photos…

197 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”

Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”
    We want to substitute the home drive of our users. Currently we use folder redirection to enforce, that our users save all documents secure on a managed file share. Because folder redirection is not the best solution for mobile users, we want to deactivate this technology completely. But without known folder move for “My Music” and “My Videos”, the data in these folders is saved in the user profile on the local disk, without backup.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support expiration of sharing links on a specific time

We have an unique use case where we want the shared link to expire at a specific time, such that the link is closed once the date and time have passed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Uploading items from local folders to OneDrive for Business on the web

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Web 上の OneDrive for Business へローカルからアイテムをアップロードについて
    Uploading items from local folders to OneDrive for Business on the web

■Description(内容):
    Web 上の OneDrive for Business へローカルからアイテムをアップロードし、
    下記状態の場合、所有者へ通知でお知らせする機能の実装を希望いたします。

・アップロードができなかった場合 : どのファイル名のアイテムがアップロードできなかったのか通知
    ・アップロードが完了した場合 : アップロード操作を実施したすべてのアイテムがアップロード完了した場合の通知

Please make it possible to upload local items to OneDrive for Business on the web, and in the following scenarios, send notifications to the owner.
    ・If the upload could not be carried out: notify with the name of the file that couldn’t be uploaded
    ・If the upload completed: notify that all items were uploaded successfully.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Download files directly to OneDrive

Usually when we want to add something from the internet to OneDrive we have to download that to our local pc and upload it again to OneDrive. But if there is way in which we could download directly form internet to OneDrive it would save users time as well as data. This could be achieved by using a download link or using a browser add on. It would be very useful for people in rural areas who doesn't have a good internet connection and also a limited data plan. Dropbox and Google Drive both have this feature, so I hope…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Set the autosave location of files created in Office Online to a local location

■Title(件名):
    Office Online で作成したファイルの自動保存先をローカルに設定する機能について
    Set the autosave location of files created in Office Online to a local location

■Description(内容):
    現在 Office Online で作成したファイルは保存先が OneDrive for Business に設定されており、自動保存先をローカルとすることができません。
    最新のファイルをローカルに保存するためには、都度コピーをダウンロードする必要があるため、保存先としてローカルの PC 上を選択できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently files created in Office Online are saved in OneDrive for Business, and you cannot change this so that they are automatically saved locally.
    In order to save the most recent files locally, you need to download them each time, so please make it possible to select a location on the local PC as the save destination.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest incorporating the .cdf document reader into OneDrive.

I suggest incorporating the .cdf document reader into OneDrive, which is very necessary in the educational, scientific and professional fields. The operating manuals of our company have been developed with this successor of .pdf due to robotization and the incorporation of artificial intelligence. If OneDrive had this reader incorporated: 1- It would allow the user to read the manual without having to download it on a portable and light hardware such as a mobile phone or a tablet.
    2- Being R + D + I documentation, it would also avoid possible loss or fraudulent copies due to theft of the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Request to implement a function to hide function formulas in Excel files so that users with read permission cannot see them.

■Title(件名):
    閲覧権限のユーザーが Excel ファイル内の関数の数式を確認できないよう非表示にする機能の実装要望

Request to implement a function to hide function formulas in Excel files so that users with read permission cannot see them.

■Description(内容):
    現在、Excel アプリにて関数の数式を非表示にしたいセルに対してロックをし、シートを保護することで非表示にできる。
    しかしながら、付与されている権限のレベルに関係なく非表示になってしまう。
    また、保護されているシートについては編集ができないため、編集する場合は保護を解除する必要がある。

閲覧権限のユーザーであっても数式を確認できればアイテムの複製が可能なため、閲覧権限のユーザーにのみ Excel ファイル内の関数の数式を表示させないよう機能を要望します。
    また、シートを保護したユーザーであればそのまま編集ができる機能も併せて要望します。

Currently, in the Excel app, you can hide the function formula by locking the cell you want to hide and protecting the sheet.
    However, it is hidden regardless of the level of authority granted.
    In addition, since the protected sheet cannot be edited, it is necessary to cancel the protection when editing.

Even if you are a user with read permission, you can duplicate the item…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a way to view .msg files stored on OneDrive for Business other than using preview

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している .msg ファイル をプレビュー以外で表示させる機能を提供してほしい。
    Add a way to view .msg files stored on OneDrive for Business other than using preview

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business に保存している .msg ファイル は、プレビューのみでしか表示できない。
    プレビューでは添付ファイルを開くことができず、文字数等によっては表示が小さくなることもあり閲覧しづらいことあるため、プレビュー以外で表示させる機能を提供してほしい。

Currently, .msg files on OneDrive for Business can only be displayed as a preview.
    As previews, attached files cannot be opened, and depending on how many characters are contained in it, it can become small and difficult to read, so please add other ways to view these.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a user, I do not want to see photos from non-photo folders in any Photos experience

The main Photos experience allows you to select where to look for photos from a short list of locations. Despite this, I still see photos from other locations in the Tags and Memories sections.

My suggestion is to a.) Make a more granular ability to specify specifically which folder to choose photos from and b.) Ensure that all aspects of the Photos experience only apply their workflow to the photos in that location.

Example: Memories should only show me "memories" from photos which are in my specified photos section. Tags should only create tags from images in my specified photos…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you stop in the middle of synchronization, you want to cancel the synchronization without completing the synchronization. 同期途中で停止を

If there is a folder that was unintentionally synchronized, I would like a function that can be avoided even during synchronization when it is stopped during synchronization.
    Currently, it is very inconvenient because it is difficult to understand the setting that automatically synchronizes the [Desktop], [Documents], and [Photos] folders on the terminal, and the synchronization is unintentional.

意図せず同期をしたフォルダーがあった場合、同期途中で停止をした際に、同期途中でも回避することができる機能を希望します。
    現在は、端末の [デスクトップ] [ドキュメント] [写真] フォルダーの同期を自動的にされる設定がわかりづらく、意図せず同期をしてしまうため非常に不便である。

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow owner of document or folder to transfer to new owner

Allow document or folder owner to change ownership to another organizational employee, without breaking links, when employees transfer job position or leaves the org and is training and setting up the new person taking their place. They need to be able to pick and choose what folders need to be transferred.
    Google does this nicely!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. user voice its keeps files and its free

i mean like evrone can use this app so why not use it

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive on the web to have the size of the folder and it's content visible

At this moment all of your competitors provide the users with the basic ability to see the size of the data in a folder in the web UI. In OneDrive there is no way to do this unless you sync it locally. I am surprised a simple property info feature is missing in a product that claims itself to be enterprise ready.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow disabling auto save ribbon in SharePoint for Office 2016

Please Allow disabling auto save ribbon in SharePoint for users with Office 2016 installed in their laptops.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to rename shortcuts

Microsoft recently introduced the "Add shortcut to OneDrive" for shortcuts of shared folders/files in OneDrive or Sharepoint sites. Once synced to the PC, this shortcuts can be renamed to whatever you like. This option is not available in OneDrive on the web, thus we cannot rename shortcuts from the web interface.

Add the option to rename shortcuts from within OneDrive's the web interface.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 351 352
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base