OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Turn Off Popular Around Me

Add option to "Turn Off Popular Around Me" on user level for OneDrive for Business.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password of shared files in OneDrive for Business

Similar to OneDrive-Personal it would be great if the "Set a password" feature on shared files (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07#OSType=OneDrive-_Personal) could be included in OneDrive for Business please.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Company Policy Message in OneDrive for Business Modern View

Display company policy message: Is there a way to create a company policy message (eg, "Records and information stored in OneDrive is for Business use only...."?). on the header of OneDrive? It's important to display the company policy so users know that OneDrive is not for personal use.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive Personal Vault Needs To Allow Users To Lengthen 20 Minute Limit

Uploading large files like videos and other files is impossible when there is a 20 minute limit and it keeps timing out. OneDrive shows the drive is Inactive when in fact it is still active then I have to keep logging in. I spent days trying to upload files and it keeps logging out if I don't select to continue. If I am away from the computer it will log out and I don't even know it has been idle and not uploading.

Why does OneDrive consider it idle and inactive when it is trying to upload then the 20…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About the personal Vault folder feature

■Title(件名):
    個人用 Vault フォルダー機能について

About the personal Vault folder feature

■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive には Vault フォルダー機能があるが、OneDrive for Business には現在実装されていないため、機能の追加を要望します。

Personal OneDrive has a Vault folder feature, but OneDrive for Business does n’t currently implement it, so we ’d like to add it.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add 'track changes'/'suggestions mode' for Word Online

In Google Drive, we can share a file in 'comments' mode in which other users can make suggestions to the file BUT only the owner can accept or rejects them. It is pretty much how Word works when the 'track changes' option is enabled.

In OneDrive and Word Online, we can either share files with full edit rights or no edit right at all - this, makes collaboration work pretty much impossible in certain scenarios.

This seems to be related to those posts:

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913528-onedrive-on-the-web/suggestions/15939541-toggle-change-tracking-in-word-documents

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913528-onedrive-on-the-web/suggestions/35401117-allow-commenting-in-view-only-mode-for-word-online

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better description for sync status

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    同期の完了について

Better description for sync status

■Description(内容):
    同期フォルダーの状態が全て"同期済み" となっているが、同期クライアントが"処理中です" の状態は、ユーザーが同期の確認をする際に同期フォルダーと OneDrive for Business との同期が完了していると誤認識してしまう恐れがあるため、わかりやすい表示に変更を希望いたします。

When all the sync folders are in “Synced” status but at the same time the sync client is in “Working on it” status, it seems like the sync between sync folder and OneDrive for Business have already completed and it might confuse users.
    For that reason, please change the descriptions of the status to more user friendly and understandable.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to delete folders if contains files

Cannot delete folder in Onedrive. We receive error message "You have to delete all the items in this folder before you can delete the folder".

Got update that DLP policy or Retention policy is causing this issue

We want to fix this issue by product team

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. About the function to cancel the sharing setting at once by selecting multiple files and folders shared on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上で共有したファイルおよびフォルダーを複数選択し一括で共有設定を解除する機能について

About the function to select multiple files and folders shared on OneDrive for Business and cancel the sharing settings at once

■Description(内容):
    一度 OneDrive for Business 上で共有したファイルおよびフォルダーを複数選択し一括で共有設定を解除する機能の追加を要望します。

We request the addition of the function to select multiple files and folders once shared on OneDrive for Business and cancel the sharing settings at once.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want to prevent all downloads except Office documents for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online におけるファイル共有の際、Office ドキュメント以外もダウンロード禁止にしたい
    I want to prevent all downloads except Office documents for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business や SharePoint Online におけるファイル共有の際、Office ドキュメント以外も「ダウンロード禁止」のラジオボタンによりダウンロード禁止が可能となる機能の実装を希望します。​
    I hope that a feature will be added so that while sharing files in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online, if a Restrict Downloads button is pressed, only Office documents can be downloaded.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to add a function to output a list of sharing status on OneDrive for Business for users in the organization.

■Title(件名):
    組織内のユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上の共有状況の一覧を出力する機能を追加して欲しい。

I want to add a function to output a list of sharing status on OneDrive for Business for users in the organization.

■Description(内容):
    組織内のユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上で共有しているフォルダーや共有しているユーザーのアクセス権限など、PowerShell コマンドレットを利用して確認し、CSV ファイルとして一覧で出力する機能を追加して欲しい。

Please add a function to check the folder shared on OneDrive for Business of the user in the organization and the access authority of the shared user by using PowerShell cmdlet and output it as a CSV file in a list.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Original way of sending notifications to users without licenses assigned

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス付与のないユーザーへの通知について
    Original way of sending notifications to users without licenses assigned

■Description(内容):
    以前はライセンスを付与していないユーザーでも、勤務先の電子メール アドレスに有効なメール アドレスを登録することで OneDrive for Business のファイル更新通知メールを受け取ることができたが、今は届かない動作になっている。Office 365 は基本的にライセンスを付与して使用するものだとは理解しているが、以前できていたことなので、元の動作に戻してほしい。
    In the past even if a user does not possess a license, they can still recieve file update notification emails from OneDrive for Business by registering an effective email address, but that is not possible now. I understand that Office 365 can only be used if a license has been assigned, but since this was possible before I hope that Microsoft can revert back to the original way of operating.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Personal Vault should be included on Onedrive 100GB plan

I am really interested in using the Personal Vault feature in Onedrive. However, an Office 365 subscription is required to store for than 3 files. I have no need to use Office 365 application so I do not want this subscription.

It would be great if Personal Vault without the 3 files limit was included in the 100GB Onedrive Plan!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add ability to bulk disable Files On-Demand while leaving “Save space and download files as you use them” option on Sync Client

 ■Title(件名):
    同期クライアント上に設定項目を残したまま、ファイル オンデマンド機能を一括で無効にする機能について。

Add ability to bulk disable Files On-Demand while leaving “Save space and download files as you use them” option on Sync Client

■Description(内容):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能をレジストリ設定にて無効に設定した場合、OneDrive 同期クライアント上からファイル オンデマンドの有効 / 無効を設定する "容量を節約し、ファイルを使用するときにダウンロード" の項目が消える。
    この項目も消さないように、PowerShell コマンドレットなどでファイル オンデマンドの設定を一括で有効 / 無効に設定できる機能の追加をお願いいたします。

If we disabled OneDrive Files On-Demand by registry settings, “Save space and download files as you use them” option to enable/disable Files On-Demand from OneDrive sync client will be disappeared.
    We will be able to bulk enable/disable Files On-Demand setting by running PowerShell cmdlet with keeping “Save space and download files as you use them” option displayed on…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hope for a way to control the direct sending of links from Send Link

■Title(件名):
    "リンクの送信" から、リンクを直接送信できないよう制御する機能について。
    Hope for a way to control the direct sending of links from Send Link

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテム を選択し、画面上部の [共有] をクリックすることで、共有リンクを発行し、直接共有先のユーザーにメールを送信することが可能ですが、OneDrive for Business 上から直接送信ができないよう制御する機能の実装をお願いいたします。
    また、共有を行う際の共有リンクの発行操作についても全体管理者にて制御できるよう、併せて機能の追加をお願いいたします。
    By choosing an item on OneDrive for Business and clicking Share on the top part of the screen, an email that has the URL can be sent to the target user, but I hope for a feature that can control OneDrive for Business from directly sending this shared URL.
    In addition, I also hope for a feature to allow the overall administrator to control what happens when a…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please solve the unreadable strange characters in shared reports

■Title(件名):
    共有に関するレポートの文字化けを解消してほしい
    Please solve the unreadable strange characters in shared reports

■Description(内容):
    [OneDrive の設定] から [共有レポートの実行] を行い、レポートの生成はできたが、レポートの日本語部分が文字化けしているため、文字化けが発生しないようにしてほしい。
    Reports can be created by using "Run Shared Reports" in "OneDrive Settings", but the Japanese characters in the reports are displayed as strange unreadable characters, so please solve this problem.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to change the file format of images when uploading from camera roll

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の カメラロール について
    I want to change the file format of images when uploading from camera roll

■Description(内容):
    iPhone 7 以降、並びに iPad Pro 以降の iOS 11 端末での写真撮影には [HEIF] という新しいフォーマットが利用され、[.heic] という拡張子で保存されます。
    [.heic] の拡張子の画像ファイルを "カメラのアップロード" にて OneDrive for Business 上へアップロードする際に、.heic 拡張子のままアップロードされます。
    Windows では、"HEIC" から "JPG" に変更するソフトをインストールしなければ、 [.heic] の拡張子は閲覧できません。
    そのため、iOS に保存された写真をカメラロールのアップロードする際に、ファイルの形式を変更できるような機能の追加を希望します。
    A new image format [HEIF] is being used for iOS11 terminals(iPhone 7/iPad Pro and newer), and images are saved with the [.heic] extension.
    When [.heic] image files are uploaded to OneDrive for Business by using Camera Upload, they get uploaded with the [.heic] extension.
    But…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Request for a tool to convert G Suite documents, spreadsheets and slideshow files to be added

■Title(件名):
    G Suiteのドキュメント、スプレッドシート、スライドのファイルを変換するツールの追加を希望

Request for a tool to convert G Suite documents, spreadsheets and slideshow files to be added

■Description(内容):
    G SuiteからOffice365への移行にあたり、ドキュメント、スプレッドシート、スライドなどのデータを Word、Excel、PowerPointなどのデータへ変換したいので、ツールの追加を希望。
    I would request a tool to be added to convert G Suite documents, spreadsheets and slideshow files into Word, Excel or PowerPoint when moving from G Suite to Office 365.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I want to hide Save As menu options for Office client

■Title(件名):
    Office クライアント上に表示される SharePoint Online の保存先を非表示にしたい
    I want to hide Save As menu options for Office client

■Description(内容):
    Office クライアントに Office 365 アカウントでサインインを行った場合、"名前をつけて保存" と "アカウント" のメニューに以下の 2 項目が表示されることを確認しております。
    ・OneDrive - <法人名>
    ・サイト - <法人名>

SharePoint Online のライセンスが無いユーザーにおいても、保存先に "サイト - <法人名>" が必ず表示されるため、利用者に混乱を招く状態となります。
    ライセンスがないユーザーは表示しない、または任意で表示 / 非表示が選択できる機能の実装をお願いします。
    When I use an Office 365 account to sign-in into Office client, “Save name” and “Account” are displayed, and the following items are also shown inside the Account menu.
    ・OneDrive - <corporate name>
    ・Site - < corporate name >

Site - < corporate name > is shown even for users without a SharePoint…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 283 284
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories