OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. allow side loading into YouTube.

With any uploaded video, show connection to YouTube account, and for it to be side loaded, taking advantage of the cloud to upload, process and edit, all without needing stable internet

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto Notifications

I suggest that One Drive include a feature that automatically notifies One Drive users when new documents are uploaded to the site. Thank you for your attention.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Open PDF directly into OneNote

Open PDF directly into OneNote so that we can make notes and work from the PDF file.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. share directly from onedrive facebook custom created page

I am a sr creative designer and I want to upload my portfolio from one drive to my Facebook page post directly I asked about it to your team they suggest me to message here is it possible to share directly from my onedrive to Facebook page

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Emails do not fit in the preview window

Therefore, we have to open them since they do not adapt to the window.
    2 solutions possible:
    - Adapt the mail to the preview window
    - Add an horizontal scroll function for the previsualization of emails on the right side

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bring back Photo Information Pane!

When viewing individual photographs on OneDrive.com, the Information Pane (Camera settings, date taken, shared with and comments) is no longer visible!

Instead you have to click an "I" icon to the bottom right and wait for it.... the information is ridiculously superimposed over the photograph!

Totally distracting, with UI elements such as scroll bar (I have a lot of people I share photos with) and an 'Information' button at opposite ends of the screen.

This renders the whole user experience clunky and unusable; basically everything is far too spread out. Why is the photo title/caption relegated to the bottom left…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a Datastore API like Dropbox does

Dropbox provides a datastore API which allows anyone to use their free storage as a database. This is great for app developers as it means we can let a user sync data between two devices with the same user account without worrying about the size limits which roaming data imposes

OneDrive should provide this same service. A simple datastore API which automatically handles locking and conflict resolution. A C# ORM could allow linq queries to be performed on the data, making integration very simple.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. One drive Slideshow problems - improvements needed

Get rid of semi-transparent info borders in Onedrive Slideshow - it was fine mid-2014 but you have changed it and introduced these silly borders which are not easy to get rid of. In normal viewing you have to move the mouse/cursor down to the bottom of the screen and the borders go BUT when in full screen this does not work - you have to go out of full screen get rid of borders and go back in...user aggressive is what it is now!

Also when looking through photos now, deleting one photo seems to advance the sequence by 3…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide an API that allows to update a specific data range in a previously uploaded Excel file

Suppose that an Excel file is stored in OneDrive. A developer might be able to update a specific range of such a file by means of an API whose signature might be something like:

updateRange(fileid, startingcell, data_matrix)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. independent folder views

I would like to have independent views for folders on Onedrive.com. An example would be - i'd like to keep my main list of folders in the "detailed view", and once i click on my "Pictures" folder, switch to the "thumbnail view." however, if i click on "Documents," it should be "detailed view." right now the minute i change the view (detailed or thumbnail," ALL folders get switched to that view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. adding coments to fotos shered with onedrive

hi !

up to short time ago it was possible to easily add comments to Fotos shared on OneDrive

now this Option is removed an i suggest to implement it again - because sharing of Fotos is nice - but without comments it makes no sense in most of the cases.

if it may not be implemented again, usability of onedrive is reduced for one more step.

Kurt

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sharing settings

Ability to change sharing settings of a folder, instead of modifying each file individually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 3 idea's (dutch)

1. alles is zo blauwachtig kunnen jullie een update geven zodat je meer kleuren kunt kiezen 2. je achtergrond is wit kunnen jullie een update geven zodat jezelf een achtergrond kan kiezen 3. dat office online niet automatisch wordt opgeslagen maar dat je dat zelf kan kiezen

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have suggestions: 1) my outlook PST file is larger than 30GB. Please allow more than 100GB single file in OneDrive. 2) Folder name errors

I have suggestions:
    1) my outlook PST file is larger than 30GB. Please allow more than 100GB single file in OneDrive.
    2) Folder name errors will stop sync between PC and Cloud sites. Please pass wrong names and sync other files. I also need a tool program to fix folder name errors.
    Thank you.
    Currently, I am a paid user of office 365 and have a 1TB OneDrive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make an offline-only option on onedrive.

Make an offline-only option on onedrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don't go through JavaScript for large requests

Submitting large requests that affect several thousand files on onedrive.com is tedious, long, inefficient, process-intensive, and forces me to keep a tab/window open on onedrive.com while my request is executed. THIS IS NOT HOW CLOUD COMPUTING SHOULD WORK. YOU SHOULD BE LEVERAGING THE PROCESSING POWER OF THE CLOUD, NOT MY CLIENT MACHINE, DON'T YOU GET IT?!

Example: I have 27,000 files in my recycle bin. When I click on "Empty recycle bin", it takes a few minutes while it displays "Preparing to delete files" (selecting 27,000 files to be deleted), then when that's done, I can finally click on "Delete",…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)