OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Stop lost laptop from accessing my OneDrive files

Lost my laptop and want to know what to do to secure my OneDrive files from the thief.
    Resetting the Microsoft password does not stop the stolen laptop from accessing OneDrive. How do I know? Because I was using OneDrive on three devices; my desktop, laptop, and an iPad. Lost the laptop and reset my Microsoft password as suggested in many posts. HOWEVER, my iPad still continued to have access to my OneDrive files!

So what's the answer? If one loses a device, is one's OneDrive account forever compromised?

We need to know what to do; not be told that…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer to purchase more than 50Gb

Offer 50Gb / 1T / 1,5T / 2T for a price ( without having to purchase office 365) so people who actively use it can purchase more space. But those who just dump a backup full of movies or other rubbish may not want to pay for it and therefore will seek other option.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. password for specific folders

password for specific folders would be great while syncing with so many PCs some of which may be shared between family members.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Generate per-person sharing links without sending emails

I’d like to be able to generate a sharing link without sending an email from OneDrive.com, which I can revoke later without affecting other recipients.

Perhaps it’d be better if I can choose a descriptive name for each link (rather than using email addresses).

Currently this can only be approximated by creating a permission bundle for each recipient, which gets the “Shared” view cluttered very quickly.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. REMOVE THE ******* ATTACHMENTS FOLDER IN ONE DRIVE. NOBODY WANTS IT. WHAT'S SO ******* HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?!

REMOVE THE ATTACHMENTS FOLDER IN ONE DRIVE. NOBODY WANTS IT. WHAT'S SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Printing Documents from OneDrive

Is there anyway you could make it possible to print a document straight from OneDrive? Love what you guys are doing to improve all the apps great work!!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speed up Syncing - Takes forever to sync a few files when I need to shut down my PC and leave. Sorry I left Dropbox!

SLOW SYNC - Frequently I compile files on my PC that I need to transfer to one drive, then shut that PC down and go to a different location to access them, I don’t have the nearly one hour or more it takes to upload a handful of basic files to one drive, before I need to shut down my PC and leave. Frequently I have had to shut down and leave, just to find days later all my files are not available when I arrive at my off-site location because of one drives slow sync. Yes, I have high…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File type column

Can you create a column of file types. That would allow us to sort them in file types

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Photos

Please give the end-user ability to toggle off all MS organization of photos, so that, if the end-user wants, they are just dumped into one file. Photos are very sensitive, personal things, no longer stored in shoeboxes in your home or albums on your shelf. They are all digital now, and they're living memories of events some of which are sad and tragic. Don't group them or tag them or touch them, unless we give permission by turning a switch on. Microsoft is worse even than Apple or Google on photo management.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an "item type" sort column to the OneDrive

Can you add an "item type" sort column to the OneDrive?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Download speed

I cannot believe that after three weeks my photos are only half way through downloading with constant internet and battery and leaving open the app?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Music

Help people more on trying to get their music on the music folder in the OneDrive app.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase download Speed

Your download speeds through the website are laughable. Ever since I left your service, I'm happier every day I don't have to deal with your idiotic decisions. Good riddance.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add music player to OneDrive

There should be a feature to play the music I have in my Onedrive.com. I know that with the Groove app we can listen to music that are in Onedrive. But what if I'm far away from from phone and I'm using web? So please add a music player organized by Microsoft and play the music files when we are using web.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Badly need to be able to change the slideshow speed, randomize images, and loop the photos so the slideshow never stops.

Badly need to be able to change the slideshow speed, randomize images, and loop the photos so the slideshow never stops.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Synching Does Not Work Well.

I cannot open anything on Edge browser when sync is running. It ties up the entire network. This never happened on 8.1 so either the Edge browser is bad or OneDrive is a hog. It seems the IE works better when synching but then I've also noticed that other programs that require internet access also do not work well and hang up when OneDrive is synching. So I thing the main problem is with OneDrive.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. downloadable onenote-files in onedrive

Please make sure, that onenote-files in onedrive are available for download.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the onedrive upload your files much faster this is to slow and make the offline mode work better

Onedrive very very slow too upload the music it took almost 4hours to do 83 songs which are mp3 ,Also in offline mode really rubbish takes far to long to load up to play a song ,,than it just don,t play than kick out of onedrive and go bk to my ph profile lol, To much work making files,upload do this folder etc Micosoft make it simple so people can upload and play with going around this way and that way just to listen to music get it sorted onedrive team and what this thing call groove why do you…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Onedrive personal and Windows10 needs to ALLOW locating OneDrive folders on a removable drive.

Onedrive personal using Windows10 needs to ALLOW locating OneDrive folders on a removable drive. I "upgraded" to Windows 10 and now I can't put my OneDrive personal on a removable drive. That might be okay restriction for Business but with my Personal OneDrive I should be able to point it to wherever I want. This worked in Windows 8.1. Please fix!!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)