OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Separate out Known Folder Moves from Synced SharePoint Libraries under Files on Demand

Would like the ability under the Files on Demand section to separate out folders under Known Folder Moves (desktop, My Documents, Photos....) vs Synced SharePoint Libraries.

This would give the ability to have a full copy of your own files but only have pointers or shortcuts to the synced files in SharePoint Libraries/Teams.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want you to add a function to automatically translate from Japanese to English with Excel for the Web

■Title(件名):
    Excel for the Web で日本語から英語へ自動翻訳する機能を追加してほしい

I want you to add a function to automatically translate from Japanese to English with Excel for the Web

■Description(内容):
    Excel クライアントアプリの翻訳ツールのように選択したセルを翻訳する機能ではなく、セルやグラフに入力されている日本語を一括で英語に置き換えるような翻訳機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to add a translation function that replaces the Japanese entered in the cells and graphs with English instead of the function that translates the selected cells like the translation tool of Excel client application.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. About alert detection of alert policy "external file sharing"

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アラート ポリシー "ファイルの外部共有" のアラート検知について

About alert detection of alert policy "external file sharing"

■Description(内容):
    アラート ポリシーにて "ファイルの外部共有" のアラートを設定しても、アラートが検知されないことがある。
    例 : "特定のユーザー" リンクにて外部ユーザーにファイルを共有しても、"ファイルの外部共有" のアラートが検知されない。

"ファイルの外部共有" のアラート ポリシーを設定した場合は、外部ユーザーへの共有はすべてアラートが検知されるように機能の改善を希望します。

Even if "External file sharing" alert is set in the alert policy, the alert may not be detected.
    Example: When sharing a file to an external user via the "specific user" link, the "external file sharing" alert is not detected.

If you have set an alert policy for "external sharing of files", we would like to improve all sharing to external users so that alerts are detected.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to modify photos "date taken" after scanning

Have thousands of photos that I want to scan and save on OneDrive. The photo is dated by the date it was scanned or created into OneDrive. I want to change it to the date the photo was originally taken so I can sort and save by those dates.
    However, the "date taken" is cannot be modified. I will need to save them elsewhere until OneDrive has this feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regarding the OneDrive for Business photo function

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の写真の機能拡充について
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business photo function

■Description(内容):
    個人用 OneDriveで写真の機能として提供している "写真のタグ" や "人物特定" 、"時系列での表示" は 写真の整理を行う上で非常に便利です。
    しかし、現在の OneDrive for Business では上記機能の提供がないため、機能の実装を希望します。
    The “Photo tag”, “Specified people”, “Show in chronological order” options are all useful for managing photos in personal OneDrive.
    However, these functions do not exist in OneDrive for Business, so please add them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I hope for an improvement in the Shared librarys' site display setting

■Title(件名):
    共有ライブラリのサイト表示条件について
    I hope for an improvement in the Shared librarys' site display setting

■Description(内容):
    弊社で OneDrive for Business を日々利用しています。
    OneDrive for Business の画面に共有ライブラリがあり、複数名での保存域への切り替えも用意に行えるからです。
    しかしながら、現時点では共有ライブラリに表示される条件は "Office Graph" により自動検出されるため任意に設定ができません。
    そのため自身が所属するグループが意図通りに表示されない場合があり、利用する上で不便です。
    共有ライブラリに表示される設定について機能拡張を要望します。
    Our company uses OneDrive for Business daily.
    This is because there is a shared library screen in OneDrive for Business, and also it is easy to switch to the save area where multiple users can save.
    However, currently the condition for displaying in the shared library is detected automatically by "Office Graph" and we cannot make the setting ourselves.
    As a result there are times when the…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive for Business から共有されたフォルダーを個人用の OneDrive にて同期したい。

​*English follows Japanese
    ■ Title (件名) : ​
    OneDrive for Business から共有されたフォルダーを個人用の OneDrive にて同期したい。

I want to sync folders shared from OneDrive for Business with my personal OneDrive.

■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive から、個人用の OneDrive に共有を行った際に場合共有されたフォルダーは同期してエクスプローラーから確認することができるが、
    OneDrive for Business から 個人用のOneDrive に共有を行った場合、同期することができないため、OneDrive for Business から共有を受けた場合に個人用 OneDrive デモ同期ができるよう機能の実装を要望します。

If you share from your personal OneDrive to your personal OneDrive, you can sync the folders that were shared and see them from Explorer.
    If you share from OneDrive for Business to your personal OneDrive, you can't sync it, so if you've received a share from OneDrive for Business, you're going to have to do…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase the duration OneDrive Personal Vault remains unlocked in OneDrive website.

The feature to increase inactivity time from 20minutes to 4 hours could be implemented, i.e. the same as OneDrive app on PC.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please implement a feature to apply retention labels to OneDrive for Business folders

■Title(件名):
    保持ラベルを OneDrive for Business のフォルダに適用する機能を実装してほしい
    Please implement a feature to apply retention labels to OneDrive for Business folders

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online であれば、保持ラベルを任意のフォルダに対して適用可能です。

しかし、OneDrive for Business の場合、保持ラベルをドキュメント内に作成したフォルダに対して適用することができません。

保持ポリシーと合わせて柔軟な対応が可能となるので、実装してほしいです。
    Retention labels can be applied to any desired folder in SharePoint Online.

However, retention labels cannot be applied to folders created within the document for OneDrive for Business.

We hope this feature can be implemented as flexible support will be made possible by using this feature together with retention policies.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. About the personal Vault folder feature

■Title(件名):
    個人用 Vault フォルダー機能について

About the personal Vault folder feature

■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive には Vault フォルダー機能があるが、OneDrive for Business には現在実装されていないため、機能の追加を要望します。

Personal OneDrive has a Vault folder feature, but OneDrive for Business does n’t currently implement it, so we ’d like to add it.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We want to assign "Restricted View" permissions to Anonymous Users by default in Microsoft Teams meetings

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の会議で匿名ユーザーにのみ [制限付きビュー] の権限を既定で付与したい
    We want to assign "Restricted View" permissions to Anonymous Users by default in Microsoft Teams meetings

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の会議で [匿名ユーザーが会議に参加できます] がオンの場合でも匿名ユーザーがファイルをダウンロードできないようにしたい。
    現在は手動で匿名ユーザーに権限を付与しておりますが、匿名ユーザーを招待した際にファイルをダウンロードしてほしくないという要望があるため、匿名ユーザーにのみ [制限付きビュー] の権限が既定で付与されるような機能の拡充を希望いたします。​
    We want to make it so that Anonymous Users are unable to download files even if "Anonymous users can join a meeting" is set to On for Microsoft Teams meetings.
    Currently permissions are manually assigned to Anonymous Users, but as there are comments that users do not want Anonymous Users to download files even if they are invited, we hope a feature will be implemented to…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDriveの [並べ替え順序を変更] の機能について

OneDrive (個人用) の [並べ替え順序を変更] の機能を OneDrive for Business でも使用できるようにしてほしい。
    参考サイト
    https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/01628e6d-9d2c-4298-a1f0-933e5b20a8bf
    OneDrive を活用するうえで、ファイルのへのアクセスをスムーズにするため上記機能を活用したいが無償版である OneDrive にのみ搭載されている。
    有償版である OneDrive for Business にも機能の追加を要望します。

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hope for improvements to the folder selection feature

■Title(件名):
    フォルダーの選択の機能の拡張を希望
    Hope for improvements to the folder selection feature

■Description(内容):
    フォルダーの選択は、WEB から同期対象のフォルダーを選択して除外することは可能でだが、ローカルから同期対象のフォルダーを選択し除外することができない。
    システムフォルダーを同期している場合に、同期対象から除外したいファイルでもフォルダー外の場所に移動はしたくないため、ローカルでも同期したくないデータを選択できる機能を追加希望。
    Selecting folders is possible by selecting and excluding the synchronization target folder from the WEB, but it is not possible to select and exclude the synchronization target folder from the local.
    When synchronizing a system folder, we do not want to move files outside the folder even if we want to exclude them from synchronization, so we hope a feature can be added to select data that users do not want to synchronize even locally.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give the option to customize the OneDrive web

Give the option to customize the OneDrive web, to actually customise and to re-arrange the panels in the OneDrive web.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. VERY UPSET. i NEED SOMEONE TO SHOW ME HOW TO MOVE ALL MY FILES FROM ONE BDRIVE BACK TO C DRIVE. I CANNOT GET HELP FROM ANYWHERE. ALL MY INFO

VERY UPSET. i NEED SOMEONE TO SHOW ME HOW TO MOVE ALL MY FILES FROM ONE BDRIVE BACK TO C DRIVE. I CANNOT GET HELP FROM ANYWHERE. ALL MY INFO ON MY OFFICE COMPUTER! THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER OR HELP ANYWHERE. MICROSOFT SAYS THERE IS NO TECH HELP FOR ANYONE.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive Personal Vault Needs To Allow Users To Lengthen 20 Minute Limit

Uploading large files like videos and other files is impossible when there is a 20 minute limit and it keeps timing out. OneDrive shows the drive is Inactive when in fact it is still active then I have to keep logging in. I spent days trying to upload files and it keeps logging out if I don't select to continue. If I am away from the computer it will log out and I don't even know it has been idle and not uploading.

Why does OneDrive consider it idle and inactive when it is trying to upload then the 20…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive for Business sharing icon

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有アイコンについて
    OneDrive for Business sharing icon

■Description(内容):
    共有を解除した際に、ブラウザー上から OneDrive for Business へアクセスした際は、共有アイコンが "プライベート" に変更されるが、OneDrive 同期クライアント上からは、共有を解除したのに共有アイコンが表示されたままになります。
    アイテム名を変更することにより、トリガーとなり OneDrive 同期クライアント側の共有アイコンが非表示となります。
    アイテム名を変更せずに OneDrive 同期クライアント側に反映されるようパフォーマンスの向上を希望します。

If sharing has been disabled, when accessing OneDrive for Business from a browser, the sharing icon changes to “Private”, but if you access it via the OneDrive sync client the sharing icon is shown even though the sharing has been removed.
    If the item name is changed, this can trigger the icon being hidden on the OneDrive sync client.
    Please make it so that these changes are reflected in the OneDrive sync…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive Shared File Exceeding Office for Web Limits

When files are shared via OneDrive that exceed Office on the Web limits (ie Excel > 50MB), instead of sending the user to an error screen that does not allow them to continue (if, for example, the desktop application is not detected), give them the ability to download the file instead. Currently the only button available is "OK" and does nothing useful.

Exact error message is... "Couldn't Open the Workbook","Sorry, we can't open your workbook in Excel Online because it exceeds the 50MB file size limit."

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合のファイル名について

■Title(件名):
    [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合のファイル名について

About the file name when specifying "all users who know the link" and sharing using the "copy link" function

■Description(内容):
    [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合に、ファイルへアクセスするための URL のみだと分かりにくいため、ファイル名もあわせて記載される機能の追加を希望します。。

If you specify [Anyone who knows the link] and share using the "Copy link" function, it is difficult to understand because it is only the URL to access the file, so the file name is also included. I would like to add the function that will be done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base