OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. MacOS: Thumbnail preview for all media files when "Files on demand" is enabled.

Works on Windows Explorer and OneDrive - why not do this on the OneDrive.app for the Mac? Dropbox has created a "hack" for this by creating their own small Thumbnail preview icons for all media files when "Smart Syncronization" is enabled. OneDrive for Business needs this feature to be competitive. When listing a folder of .JPG .PSD .IND etc. you shouldn't have to download 1GB of files before you can see a thumbnail version of your document.

Create these on the Sharepoint backend and let OneDrive use these small icons as thumbs for quickly identifying files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop giving information to prostitution

I set up the one drive for my doctors to contact me? Instead I get someone saying my name and wanting ***? I never signed up for that ****!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow AutoSave to have an option to choose a different cloud platform aside from OneDRive

I know that there is room for improvements for any features that are released but I hope there will be a way to update the Autosave feature to have an option to choose which cloud storage we would like to save the files to instead of defaulting the storage to just OneDrive. This would b e really helpful

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to rename the OneDrive syn folder name to any name

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期フォルダーの名称を任意の名称に変更できる機能について

Ability to rename the OneDrive syn folder name to any name
    ■Description(内容):
    現在 OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを PC 端末で同期した際に、既定でフォルダーの名称が "OneDrive - " から始まるフォルダー名に指定される。
    "OneDrive - " に半角スペースが含まれており、同期フォルダーで半角スペースを使用したくないため、このフォルダーの名称を任意の名称に変更できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

Currently, when syncing the items on OneDrive for Business with PC devices, the folder name will be automatically specified with the name starting with “OneDrive-“by default.
    We don’t want to use this default name since it contains the half width space in "OneDrive - ", therefore, please provide ability to change the default folder name to any name.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Do not allow to choose OneDrive for Business as storage destination of Office Client

■Title(件名):
    Office クライアントの保存先として OneDrive for Business を選択できないようにする機能を追加してほしい。

Do not allow to choose OneDrive for Business as storage destination of Office Client
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint や OneDrive からのサービス利用は継続利用したまま、Office クライアントの保存先として OneDrive for Business を選択できないようにする機能を追加してほしい。

I would like to have a feature/setting to not allow users to choose OneDrive for Business as storage destination of Office Client while using services from SharePoint and OneDrive.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide ability to see the information of version history of OneDrive for Business with preview

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のバージョン履歴の情報をプレビュー画面で確認する機能について

Provide ability to see the information of version history of OneDrive for Business with preview
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のバージョン履歴機能を使用して過去のバージョンに戻す場合、どの時点に戻すか内容を確認する場合は 1つずつクライアント アプリケーションで開いて確認するしか方法がない。
    そのため、プレビュー画面などで簡単に過去のバージョン履歴の内容を確認および比較できるよう機能の追加実装をお願いします。

If we wanted to revert files to a previous version by using OneDrive for Business version history feature, we need to check each version by opening it one by one via the client app to see the contents of each version to identify the version we want to revert.
    For improvement of usability, allow us to peek the contents of each version history quickly with previews.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive 同期クライアントに実装された KFM (Known Folder Move) 機能について (About the KFM (Known Folder Move) function implemented in the OneDrive sync client)

OneDrive 同期クライアントに実装された KFM (Known Folder Move) 機能にてデスクトップ、ドキュメント、画像のバックアップを設定した際に、各名称のフォルダーが OneDrive 上に自動生成されるが、同一アカウントで他の端末のバックアップを設定すると、新たなフォルダーが作成されず、最初に作成されたフォルダーに統合されてしまう。

フォルダーの名称を変更しても同様の動作となるため、端末毎にフォルダーを分ける機能や任意のフォルダーを作成、選択できる機能を追加して欲しい。

When a desktop, document, or image backup is set with the KFM (Known Folder Move) function implemented in the OneDrive sync client, a folder with each name is automatically created on OneDrive. When backup is set, a new folder is not created, and it is merged with the first created folder.

Even if the folder name is changed, the operation will be the same, so add a function to separate folders for each terminal and a function to create and select arbitrary folders.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive for Business 容量 拡張

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の ストレージ拡張について

About OneDrive for Business storage expansion
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business Plan 1 の場合や取得ライセンス数が 5 未満の場合でも、追加オプションとしてストレージを購入できるようにしてほしい。

If you have OneDrive for Business Plan 1 or have fewer than 5 licenses, you should be able to purchase storage as an additional option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow MTS video play format on Browser

If possible allow other Video Formats on the web including MTS

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add Japanese as supported language for dictation feature at Office Online

■Title(件名):
    Office Online のディクテーションの対応言語について
    Please add Japanese as supported language for dictation feature at Office Online

■Description(内容):
    現在、Office Online のディクテーションの対応言語に日本語がないため日本語の言語追加を希望します。
    It would be great if dictation feature will support Japanese as well at Office Online.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the bug that changes transparent png background to black

When uploading png files that have a transparent background, OneDrive changes the background to black. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please reflect Zoom Level which is set in Excel Client into Excel Online

■Title(件名):
    Excel Online と Excel クライアントで作成したファイルを表示した際の倍率表示の連携について
    Please reflect Zoom Level which is set in Excel Client into Excel Online

■Description(内容):
    Excel クライアントでファイルを作成した場合、Excel クライアントの機能で表示倍率を変更できることを確認しております。
    しかしながら、Excel Online では表示倍率の設定がブラウザー側に依存するため、Excel クライアントで任意の倍率を設定した場合に該当のファイルを Excel Online で表示しても、ブラウザー側の倍率で表示されるため、Excel クライアントの倍率設定が保持されない状態で表示される。
    Excel クライアントと、Excel Online の倍率設定が連携するよう、機能の追加実装をお願いいたします。

When I create Excel file in client, it can be changed Zoom Level. However, Zoom Level feature depend on the browser in Excel Online, and set Zoom Level in Excel client doesn’t reflect when the file is displayed in Excel Online.

Therefore, I would like to see the feature to keep same Zoom Level as I set in Excel Client when…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow using password protected files in Office Online

■Title(件名):
    Office Online でパスワード保護されたファイルを利用できるようにしてほしい。

Allow using password protected files in Office Online
    ■Description(内容):
    Office Online の制限事項として、書き込みパスワードなどのパスワード保護されたファイルが利用できない。パスワード保護されたファイルを Office Online で利用できるように機能の改善をお願いします。
    また、Office Online では Office クライアントとの互換性によって他にも利用できない機能があるため、可能な限り Office クライアントで利用できる機能を Office Online 側でも利用できるよう機能の追加をお願いします。

Allow us to use password protected files in Office Online because using the password protection feature is restricted currently.
    Also, there are some restricted features in Office Online while they can be used in Office Client. Please make those features available to use in Office Online as well.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get rid of all these apps I don't need

Why can't users totally uninstall apps from OUTLOOK? I don't need OneDrive, OneNote, Sway, Forms, Flow, Tasks, Calendar and probably others. They are using up memory or storage on my computer. I don't even know what most are for. Why are these things forced on users?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. What I hate is not having option to turn off “on this day”. Don’t need you to remind me of the past.

On web and iOS. It is very annoying I can’t log in with anyone around without the. Seeing photos that I don’t want them to see since it is right at the top. For example your girlfriend want to see the photos you just uploaded and you sign in and there are photos from you ex girlfriend from four years ago right at the top. Terrible feature you need to put an option to turn it off. The reason I use Microsoft instead of Google is because Microsoft didn’t have all these dumb features it was professional.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add an option to disable access for OneDrive for Business only.

■Title(件名): OneDrive for Business のみ制御する設定について

Add an option to disable access for OneDrive for Business only.
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online へは制限をかけずに OneDrive for Business のみWebサイト自体へのアクセスを制御したい。
    例えば、会社のグローバルIP、会社で管理している端末のみ OneDrive for Businessのアクセス許可をするなどの方法で制御を行えるような設定の実装を希望します。

Since it is not implemented as a feature yet, we are suggesting to add an option to disable access for OneDrive for Business itself excepts restricting SharePoint Online. (Per application)

For instance, the admin can set the conditional access policy that allows accessing for the OneDrive for Business only through the company's global IP and the device managed by the company as might be expected. This option will…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the Display URL contain "OneDrive". The current "my-sharepoint.com/personal" URL path doesn't mention OneDrive & confuses end users

The current OneDrive for Business URLs follow the format "https://tenant_name-my.sharepoint.com/personal/username_tenant_email_address "

This URL path doesn't reference OneDrive & thus confuses end users, causing misrouted or even completely unnecessary requests to our internal help desk.

It would help immensely if the URL could either:

1. be given a display URL like "https://OneDrive.tenant_name-my.sharepoint.com/personal/username_tenant_email_address " (putting OneDrive first for emphasis)

OR

2. be changed completely to something like "https://tenant_name-my.OneDrive.com/personal/username_tenant_email_address " (no reference to SharePoint at all)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add shortcut feature to OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリにショートカット機能を追加して欲しい

Add shortcut feature to OneDrive app
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリにて、保存されているフォルダーを使用頻度に応じて自動的に上位に表示したり、自信でショートカットを作成してお気に入りのように並び替えなども可能な機能の追加を要望します。

I would like you to add following capabilities to OneDrive app.
    -Ability to display frequently used folders to top
    -Ability to create shortcuts of folders and sort as users like

Thank you for your consideration.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow setting email addresses for notification destination and item sharing all at once

■Title(件名):
    通知メール送信先のアドレスと共有時に入力するアドレスについて

Allow setting email addresses for notification destination and item sharing all at once
    ■Description(内容):
    Exchange Online のないプランで、通知メール送信先のアドレスを外部のアドレスに設定し、かつ、該当のアドレスを共有時のユーザー入力欄に入力すると、紐づいたユーザーが表示されるようにしたい。
    通知メール送信先は、SharePoint 管理センターの [勤務先メール アドレス]、共有時に入力する UPN 以外のアドレスは [otherMails] をそれぞれ設定することにより実現できると分かったが、1 ユーザーにつき 2 回の作業が必要であり、手間である。
    このため、1 回の作業で、通知送信先のアドレスも、共有時に入力する UPN 以外のアドレスも設定できるような機能を提供してほしい。

In a plan without Exchange Online, when setting an external email address as a notification e-mail destination and entering the external email address to “User” field of item sharing, please display users who are linked to the email address.

We can set notification email destination from [Work email address] in SharePoint admin center, and also, we can set email addresses other than…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There's no way to verify the integrity of files. Need SHA1 or MD5 checksum

There's no way to verify the integrity of files that have been uploaded. There needs to be a way to generate SHA1 or MD5 checksums.

I uploaded a file and got a "something went wrong" message. But it looks like the file is there and the size is correct. There's no way to verify.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base