OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please fix speed problem

Hello, please fix speed problem, i have 400 mb/s internet speed limit, and i couldn't download with this speed, only 1 mbit/s.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to edit music metadata such as artist, song coverart etc

Now that we can stream our music from onedrive, please add the ability to edit the metadata and add/amend artwork etc

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow local transfer of OneDrive content from old PC to new PC

For users with lots of data on OneDrive, it's a bit cumbersome when moving to a new PC (or re-installing the OS). At the moment, we have to let OneDrive re-sync all the files/folders if we want local copies of all our content.

It'd be great to have the ability to locally copy all of our OneDrive content from old PC to new PC, and then let OneDrive sync content. As most/all of the content is the same (between the old and new install), only a small amount would initially be synced via broadband. I'd prefer to transfer 300GB of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Long file names

It would be good if long file names scroll, this way you could easily locate similar files with long names

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Onedrive Lifetime Price Plan

Hi, I would like to suggest a Lifetime price plan for storage instead of monthly or yearly.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Very bad services.Try to download files and server problem stop appear 3 days tryin

I am tryin from 3 days to download my files and always stop cause appear Failed -server priblems....im very dissapointed cause cant download them..server is very bad..im not reccomand to use One Drive..Droobox is better and also offer just 5GB free in 2017 when technology is so up ?...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. People should be able to see pictures which are shared with them in the photos-tab on Onedrive.com and in the Photosapp

If you share pictures, those you share with should be able to see those pictures in the photos-tab on Onedrive.com and also in the Windows 10 Photosapp.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Attachments and Documents folders

Really wish you'd get rid of the attachments and documents folders. I want to have control over what I put in my cloud. It's for this reason I use Google Drive is my main cloud service.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a need of an Explorer (Utforskare) in OneDrive

Jag saknar en "Utforskare" eller ett verktyg med motsvarande funktioner som Utforskaren har för att hantera filer, filstruktur och kataloger som enbart finns lagrade remote i OneDrive "molnet".

Exempelvis skulle jag behöva:
     - selektera en katalog och trycka på egenskaper för att se exakt hur många filer och exakt hur många kataloger som finns i den selekterade katalogen. (Det som OneDrive har i browsern är alldeles för primitiv)
    - ha två sådana "Utforskare" (som jag beskriver ovan) öppna samtidigt för att med "drag and drop" flytta filer och kataloger samt skapa en bättre struktur bland mina filer.

Det befintliga OneDrive…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Embed like Docs.com

Docs.com is now cancelled, but it had the most beautiful way of embedding a group of documents with an adjustable iframe that allowed for highlight images attached to word docs and such. I have not been able to find it's equal on the web. Onedrive embeds but only as a small tile when it comes to a folder/group. I want the same beautiful embedding of docs.com but integrated into onedrive. Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Date format

Can there be a way to choose preferred date format? Here in Australia we use the format dd/mm/yyyy, not mm/dd/yyyy.

If I enter dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format in my document I don't want them automatically modified in my one drive document. That is a reason for me to not use one drive

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. resolve issues with One Drive storage upgrade

I upgraded to the One Drive 1Tb storage but still only have 50 gb. Yesterday I was promised the issue would be resolved by this morning, but it is not. PLEASE just go into MY account and increase my storage, since you are already charging me for it. Case #1387572945.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File Folder View

OneDrive.com: Can you not have a File Folder Tree like in Windows Explorer so that navigation is easier between folders?
    Also currently the Folder Path when viewing photos is right at the top and out of view on scrolling, so we can't tell which folder we are in.
    Perhaps a navigation pane may be an idea to add.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto save changes in OneDrive web client's text file editor

OneDrive web client's text file editor should automatically back up any changes regularly. I closed a browser tab after making several changes to an existing saved file and neglected to hit the save button. I lost all my changes. That shouldn't happen. Or at least there should be an option to auto-save changes to files.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. upload direct folder

Please add direct folder upload

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Password protected files

Hi

I was going to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to have password protected files that you can creat when creating a new folder could you make this available?

Thanks

Sven kupper

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Porque solamente uno puede ingresar con una cuenta personal de OneDrive. Solicito muy respetuosamente a Microsoft que por favor habiliten el

Porque solamente uno puede ingresar con una cuenta personal de OneDrive. Solicito muy respetuosamente a Microsoft que por favor habiliten el poder incluir en One Drive así como en la aplicación el acceso a cuentas personales ilimitadas, ya que se da el caso que podemos contar con más de una cuenta personal. En mi caso así es y además cuento con una cuenta educativa también.

Cordialmente,

Allan Mejía
    Honduras

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let me buy storage for one drive instead of forcing me to buy office

Just let us buy as much storage as we want instead of forcing us to buy office which I don't need and won't use. I did buy it though cause I needed storage space and I didn't even get the 1000 go of data promised

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base