OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. I want to add a function to output a list of sharing status on OneDrive for Business for users in the organization.

■Title(件名):
    組織内のユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上の共有状況の一覧を出力する機能を追加して欲しい。

I want to add a function to output a list of sharing status on OneDrive for Business for users in the organization.

■Description(内容):
    組織内のユーザーのOneDrive for Business 上で共有しているフォルダーや共有しているユーザーのアクセス権限など、PowerShell コマンドレットを利用して確認し、CSV ファイルとして一覧で出力する機能を追加して欲しい。

Please add a function to check the folder shared on OneDrive for Business of the user in the organization and the access authority of the shared user by using PowerShell cmdlet and output it as a CSV file in a list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. do not share

This is a personal pC not a office,student,corporation. I do not want to share, and end up with hackers for two years +. I do not know what to do, but I feel I am being forced into something I do not want to do. I feel I should have control of my own pc. Also do not want third parties. I I am 75 yrs old, and much of this is to confusing, I just want to be left alone without constant orders of what do, and half the time - I do not get it. Now are you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. deleting stuff in onedrive also deletes whats in that folder etc

that deleting things from onedrive also deletes the items from that folder in your files onedrive is to backup that folder , not the folder deleting onedri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merge office start up page and onedrive

Merge office start up page and onedrive so that when you log into office you get onedrive similar to google drive. I find it too confusing.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a file request feature

The new "Create a file request" feature in OneDrive only works if the tenant has enabled "Anyone links" in OneDrive. Please make this feature available without that restriction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 别给我发广告了OK?

别给我发广告了OK?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A feature to retrieve Flow related Office 365 audit logs from OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business から Flow に関する Office 365 監査ログを取得する機能の実装を希望します。
    A feature to retrieve Flow related Office 365 audit logs from OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にあるファイルを右クリックし、Flow からフローの作成を行った場合の動作を、Office 365 監査ログで取得する機能の実装を希望します。​
    I want a feature that will let me retrieve the Flow creation action data from Office 365 audit logs when right clicking a file on OneDrive for Business.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please show whole screen even on mobile terminals

■Title(件名):
    モバイル端末での画面表示について
    Please show whole screen even on mobile terminals

■Description(内容):
    現状モバイル端末のブラウザー上でOneDrive for Business の URL にアクセスすると既定でモバイルビューになる。​
    既定で画面全体が表示される機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently if I access OneDrive for Business using a browser on a mobile terminal, it will definitly be shown as a mobile view.
    I hope a feature will be made to show the whole screen instead by default.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to observe who shared what to whom the data without admin permissions.

■Title(件名): OneDrive for Business の監査について

Ability to observe who shared what to whom the data without admin permissions.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Businessで誰が何を誰に共有したか監査することは監査ログ機能で確認可能ですが、共有先のユーザーは管理者に問い合わせなければ監査ログの結果を確認できないため機密情報がどこまで共有されたのか把握することが困難となります。

そのため共有先のユーザー自身が誰が何を誰に共有したか監査できる機能を希望いたします。

By now, we acknowledged that auditing function can be confirmed who shared what to whom from the audit log in OneDrive for Business. Somehow, the shared users are not displaying so that there is no way to get know besides contacting the admin to execute audit logs. We also find difficulty in observing how much Sensitive information has been shared.

For this reason, we hope the feature implementation that allows confirming the user of…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to delete files from Onedrive if OneDrive is full

Onedrive should be able to delete files from OneDrive even if it is full. Just issue a warning stating it can not be saved to Recycle BIN

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Access restrictions based on network locations

■Title(件名):
    ネットワークの場所に基づいて行うアクセス制限について

Access restrictions based on network locations

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business は、IP アドレスによるアクセス制御設定が連動しているが、それぞれ個別にIP アドレスによるアクセス制御ができる機能の実装を要望します。

Allow restricting users from accessing SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business individually, based on IP address. Currently, the access restrictions based on IP address work for both OneDrive and SharePoint together and the restriction cannot be set separately.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open file location

In the Recent "Menu" missing the "open a file location", when select one file and right click

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to convert HEIC to JPG.

When downloading images/photos from OneDrive, they are in the HEIC format which prevents from using them with PC applications (including Office applications). I can't attach theses images to emails or into documents.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Frequent Shared Libraries need to be udpated when Followed Shared Libararies are

When a Shared Library is removed from the Office Suite platform, both the "Followed" and "Frequent" views of Shared Libraries should be in sync with that. Right now, only the "Followed" Shared Libraries get updated.

The old/deleted Shared Library still presents a link for itself under the "Frequent" shared library list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the ability to see/search the comments that can be added using File Explorer

I have thousands of photographs on my Windows 10 PC, in the OneDrive folders, that have comments attached (i.e. the comments that can be accessed using the detail pane in File Explorer - see attached screen shot).

These comments can only be seen/searched by making them all "available on this device" and using file explorer.

Being able to see/search these comments on line would be an extremely useful addition to OneDrive on the web.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extend file Description/Caption functionality to more than just JPG files

When entering a file Description/Caption via the OneDrive web view, it is only replicated to the local device copies for JPG files. Please make this consistent across all file types, or at least indicate to the user that the Description entered via the web, will NOT be replicated to the local copy/copies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Searching for pdf through onedrive in a sharepoint library. The document doesn't open.

Searching for pdf through onedrive in a sharepoint library. The document doesn't open.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Encrypt and password protect individual files and folders within OneDrive

Within OneDrive, it would put MANY of my users minds to rest if they could simply have an action available, in the same place as preview, share, copy link, etc..., for a file or folder, called ENCRYPT. When this action is performed on a file or folder, they would be prompted for a password and informed that the file or folder was being encrypted and not to forget the password. Then... even if the file was shared, or the account credentials compromised, the encrypted file could not be accessed without this specific encryption password. Reversing the process would offer an…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base