OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”

Implement known folder move also for “My Music” and “My Videos”
    We want to substitute the home drive of our users. Currently we use folder redirection to enforce, that our users save all documents secure on a managed file share. Because folder redirection is not the best solution for mobile users, we want to deactivate this technology completely. But without known folder move for “My Music” and “My Videos”, the data in these folders is saved in the user profile on the local disk, without backup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Sharing Access Features Clean, Easy to Understand, and Easy to Use

It used to be when one inserted a OneDrive link to a picture that the default Sharing was "Anyone Can View." Apparently, with no warning, the default sharing has been changed to "Anyone Can Edit." When I go to Manage Access, I find the existing links I've created when I choose a picture from within web-based Outlook.com are "Anyone Can Edit." At the very least, there ought to be a pop-up dialog on insertion of the pictures into and Outlook.com e-mail draft as to what the sharing is to be. And then one ought to be able to go back…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Photo's tag VERY Important, why oneDrive remove this function,,, no any notificaiton?

I used and paid oneDrive, most important reason, is oneDrive have Photo's tag function.
    when I manage my pictures in my PC or IOS, with different tags for same picture.
    and synchrony to oneDrive,,,,from web,,, very easy to search photo.
    but now, onedrive remove this function,,, and without any notification :(
    How I could getback this function? thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop one drive from stopping me separateky backing up on a physical drive

My problem: I have a one drive too small for my needs. I need 2.83 TB not 1 TB. So it does not back up all my files, but it stops me from backing up on a 5TB external drive by saying I need more TB on One drive! That is annoying. Stop synch does not work to solve it. There seems no solution to it. I hate One drive and the next computer I buy will be a Mac. Even if it is less versatile there's none of this nonsense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Used Storage Space Dashboard

Some analytics and visualisations about what is using up storage. For example maybe some pie charts by file type, by folder, by date with filters. Perhaps it can also detect duplicate files stored more than once and other tips to help organise and arrange files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enlever l'enregistrement automatique sur les documents partagés dans OneDrive

Je partage plusieurs dossiers et fichiers (Word, Excel) qui sont dans OneDrive. Lorsque la personne, avec qui je partage des fichiers, ouvre un fichier pour consultation uniquement, un enregistrement s'effectue automatiquement et modifie la date et heure dans Explorateur de fichiers de Windows 10. Donc un fichier dont la dernière modification était 2019-01-01 devient un fichier dont la date de modification est 2021-01-18 (aujourd'hui), mais il n'y a eu aucune modification. Comment faire pour éviter l'enregistrement automatique.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change photo view back to a file viewer

For a folder shared with me by someone else, every time I try to open it, it redirects to a Photo viewer. The URL is redirected to one that includes this: "?v=photos&". I want to look at these as files, mostly so that I can do an internal copy within OneDrive. But there is no button to switch view once OneDrive has redirected. There are very few controls at all.

Second problem. If I close the view I then end up in my Photo Album, an entirely different location from where I started.

I appreciate the desire for a nice…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Connecting Excel file to excel online(OneDrive)

want to linked the file in Excel local with the file stored in OneDrive for business, if you edited the file in Excel local, the file in OneDrive for business will be updated automatically. And if you edited the file in OneDrive for business, the file in the local will also be updated automatically.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeonedrivefb-msowin10-mso_o365b/connecting-excel-file-to-excel-onlineonedrive/a4a5f46d-e950-49fc-b77b-c557d50bf7a2?messageId=70c9cbaa-4956-487d-81a4-57513cc0cfd1

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make it possible to define a default view for shared links

When sharing a link, if someone clicks it, the default view is tile view. With longer filenames it's hard to read them and users have difficulties to find the button to change the view to list.

It would be so nice to have an option (query string or.. ) to default a view to listview (or any other view)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A way to archive older posts in a compressed format.

Select all files and zip them to an archive folder for later retrieval.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Uploads should feature a pause button, especially on big files.

The uploads on our OneDrive Pro should feature a pause button, especially on big files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. oh you ******* ******* **** in your *** get to works because you will **** up by raggers unfucked you bastards whores in your *** ******* ab

oh you in your get to works because you will up by raggers unfucked you bastards whores in your abin da mahaifiyar ta rasa a cikin daji kuma kai kare like it oooo oh oh oh *** ba tare da tara ba !!!!!!! !!!!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Download from the drive to my computer without to zip

I can upload files without zipping them, I like to download also without zipping. Having just 2 3 files zip is a bit anoying to do.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Meta data of pictures should be available after export from Google Fotos to Microsoft 365 OneDrive

Many pics get the date of the day of importing and that's weird, because the creation date of the pics should be the origin date of the past.
    Would be very nice if it could be fixed within the next months, thank you very much!
    Best regards

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I could use some option to speak and to assist writing what I have spoken

this option where you speak and what you have spoken appears written in the spaces is already available in Google

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When documents are shared to be editable by "anyone with the link," they should still be able to comment in their name if signed in

It seems that it the only way for you to know who are the persons who are editing or adding comments in your Word document is by changing the sharing option. This is unsuable for document collaborations.
    ideally this would function as google docs does: Anyone with the link can access and edit; if you sign in, comments you make appear with your name attached to them. if that's not how this works, I will unfortunately have to go back to google docs. sigh

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. About disabling version history

■Title(件名):
    バージョン履歴の無効化について

About disabling version history

■Description(内容):、
    OneDrive for Business ならびに SharePoint Online のバージョン管理では、現状の既定設定においてはバージョン管理を無効にする機能が廃止されている。
    バージョン履歴が保持されると OneDrive の容量を圧迫するため、無効化できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

Version control for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online has removed the ability to disable version control in the current default settings.
    If the version history is retained, it will take up space on OneDrive, so we request that you expand the function so that it can be disabled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)