OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Ability to share Personal Vault with Family Members

I have a personal vault which I use to store our important documents and I want the ability to share this with my family members.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive search should find *folders* in addition to files

OneDrive search, done online, returns the contents of a user's entire OneDrive environment (personal folders, shared folders, etc.). It allows filtering for doc, xls, pdf, even zip, etc...

However it does not return folders. This is surprising.

Many times I am searching for a particular folder that contains related files that are needed for working, sharing, etc. Further, considering the sheer volume of files one creates over time, I would argue we often give simpler and more static names to our folders, meaning they are therefore easiest to find when trying to recall slightly older work.

I hope you can…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to select folders to sync at initial setup

I'd like to be able to select the folders I want to sync to my laptop when I initially setup the client.

Currently I am forced to download the entire Onedrive contents before I can specify that I don't want a specific 200GB folder to come at all.

Specifically this is on MacOS.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Free unlimited storage

Google offers free unlimited storage for photos at reduced size but with great quality. Why OneDrive doesn't have this feature? I think it's very important. Also Google Drive offers more free storage 15GB instead of OneDrive's 5GB. Why we should use OneDrive when simply Google gives us better options? I would strongly suggest you to increase free storage limit and adding the option of unlimited photos at reduced size if you want people to start using OneDrive. At this moment, I will stick with Google Drive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need "UNDO MOVE" command/feature for Onedrive to correct drag & drop mistakes

I was trying to select some folders in Onedrive and accidentally twitched the mouse or something, and to my horror a bunch of folders and files got moved unintentionally. To my further horror, there seems to be no "Undo Move" command or feature within Onedrive. Manually correcting this is going to be a pain, especially since there seems to be no simple way to move folders "up" one or two levels...it's easy to (unintentionally) move one folder into another and make it a subfolder, but it's not obvious how to move a subfolder back to its original level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easier embed for OneDrive for Business

There is currently no built-in feature to generate an embed code on OneDrive for business. It is very clunky to try to set up the HTML yourself and I haven't been able to figure it out. With regular OneDrive you literally just click a button to get the code. It should be like this on OneDrive for business too!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Regarding "Publish a Major Version"

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    [メジャー バージョンの発行] について
    Regarding "Publish a Major Version"

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business では、バージョン管理の設定を変更することがカスタマイズ扱いとなり、新しい UI からは、利用できません。 OneDrive for Business でも使用できるように機能の拡充を希望します。
    In OneDrive for Business changing the version settings is treated as customizing, and cannot be done from the new UI. We hope that the feature can be improved so that it can be used in OneDrive for Business as well.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to delete folders if contains files

Cannot delete folder in Onedrive. We receive error message "You have to delete all the items in this folder before you can delete the folder".

Got update that DLP policy or Retention policy is causing this issue

We want to fix this issue by product team

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restore albums

Ability to recover deleted albums

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share feature for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有機能について
    Share feature for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business で制御できる共有は外部ユーザーとの共有と、共有されたアイテムの再共有だが、組織内ユーザーに対する共有についても制御できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    Currently, OneDrive for Business can control sharing with external users and the re-sharing of items that were shared, but we hope that improvements will be made to control sharing with users inside the organization.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to hide shared libraries in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有ライブラリについて
    Option to hide shared libraries in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Businessのトップ ページ内にある共有ライブラリを非表示にする機能の追加を希望します。
    I would like the option to hide shared libraries from the top page of OneDrive for Business.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Block Download

I really need the possibility, when I share a file, to Block Download for any type of files (PDF, Video, etc), not only for Office Files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Request Files - Sharepoint Sites/ Shared Onedrive

Request files would be even better if it could be done from shared parts of sharepoint e.g. Team/Group sites.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding the recycle bin display for OneDrive for Business Shared Libraries

English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有ライブラリのごみ箱表示について
    Regarding the recycle bin display for OneDrive for Business Shared Libraries

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で共有を受けた場合、"共有" にアイテムが表示されるが、対象のアイテムにアクセスすると "ごみ箱" のメニューが表示されない。共有先でアイテムを削除した場合、共有元のごみ箱にしかアイテムが表示されないため、共有先の環境でごみ箱からの復元ができません。共有先の共有ライブラリ内にも、共有元の "ごみ箱" メニューが表示されるよう機能の実装を要望します。
    If something is shared on OneDrive for Business, items will be displayed under "Share", but when those items are accessed the "Recycle Bin" menu does not get displayed. If the shared items are deleted, those items will only be displayed in the recycle bin of the user who shared the items, other users cannot recover the items from the recycle bin. We request a feature to be implemented so that the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Feature to restrict OneDrive for Business usage within the tenant

■Title(件名):
    テナント内での OneDrive for Business の利用を制限する機能について
    Feature to restrict OneDrive for Business usage within the tenant

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business を個人のみの利用としたいため、テナント内でも OneDrive for Business のアイテムの共有など利用を制限できる機能を実装してほしい。​
    As we want to make OneDrive for Business usable only for individuals, please implement a feature to restrict the usage within the tenant such as sharing OneDrive for Business items.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When uploading some .mp4 video files, they are returning an error: "Input String not in Correct Format" for some of them, Tried renaming fil

When uploading some .mp4 video files, they are returning an error: "Input String not in Correct Format" for some of them, Tried renaming files to shorter names, nothing worked. It has only been happening in the last couple days, and is a bug as it has been reported by others:

See here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onedrive-gives-error-input-string-was-not-in-a/3504a174-a370-4f6b-bafa-4779a896d7fc

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/upload-to-onedrive-input-string-not-in-correct-format/128148

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Photo album sort function

Onedrive should have the ability to sort photo albums, for example, from newest to oldest, so that people sharing the album don't need to scroll through hundreds of old photos to check for new ones.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Controlling downloads for files that were shared with users

■Title(件名):
    共有相手のファイルのダウンロード制御について
    Controlling downloads for files that were shared with users

■Description(内容):
    現状カスタマイズ権限を作成し付与することで、共有相手にファイルのダウンロードができない状態にすることは可能であるが、併せてファイルのコピー・移動、ファイル名の変更もできない状態となる。

OneDrive for Business 内のファイルの共有相手に Office Online 上でファイルを編集、コピー、移動、​名前の変更は可能としたいが、ファイルのダウンロードを禁止する機能の提供をしてほしい

At present, by creating and granting customization permissions, it is possible to make it impossible for files that were shared with users to be downloaded, but this also makes it impossible to copy/move files and change the file names.

We hope that a feature will be implemented to enable editing, copying, moving and renaming of files but preventing download of files on Office Online for the users that had files shared for them in OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. shared

Please add the third type of link for the shared files that could include all kinds of options apart from editing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base