OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Automatic removal of virus-quarantined files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ウィルスが検疫されたファイルの自動駆除機能の実装
    Automatic removal of virus-quarantined files

■Description(内容):
    ウィルス感染が疑われるファイルが見つかった場合、自動的に駆除してくれる機能の実装を希望します。
    現在の SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business ではウィルス スキャンは行ってくれるものの駆除については、手動で行う必要があります。
    ウィルスが検疫されたファイルが見つかった場合、管理者等から目視確認ができるよう検疫フォルダーなどに移され、アラートを発し、管理者による目視確認ができ、さらに指定期日後に自動的に駆除される機能があれば業務工数への支障回避やセキュリティに対する安心感が得られると考えます。
    また、このような機能はライセンス種別に関わらず提供されることを望みます。

Please add a function to automatically remove files that are detected for virus infection.
    The current SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business have a function to scan for viruses. But the removal must be done manually.
    Please add a function to move a virus infected file, upon detection, to a folder like "Quarantine folder" so admins can see, then set off an alarm, and even automatically delete the file after specified days. Such function would reduce the number of…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for MKV files

I know you declined this in 2015 but it's been 5 years since then and we still can't play MKVs in any OneDrive client or on the web. MKV is a very popular file format and many poeple use it to store their videos. Please add support for MKV playback in the browser (and other clients if possible).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore Files/All Files - Implement An Option to select a Location

Restore Files/All Files - Implement An Option to select a Restore Folder Location

Digging through folders after restoring a file is a pain. Especially when I forget the Location of the Original File.

This feature would be very handy!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide option for sending file in an email as attachment

There should be a way in OneDrive to quickly email a file as an attachment. Scenario: you know you need to send a file, you go to OneDrive and search for it, you find it...and now you have to go back to your email, start a draft, and find it again to add it as an attachment.

In OneDrive, you should be able to just select the file and click a button on the toolbar or right-click menu. That should start a draft with that file attached.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order downloads by file size

■Title(件名):
    ダウンロードの順番をファイルサイズごとに変更する機能の実装
    Order downloads by file size

■Description(内容):
    ダウンロードの順番をファイルサイズごとに変更する機能の実装

Please make it possible to change it so that downloads go in order of file size.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to sign out from the OneDrive for Business settings screen too

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の設定画面 からでもサインアウトできるよう希望します。
    Make it possible to sign out from the OneDrive for Business settings screen too

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアクセスし、[歯車のマーク] - [OneDrive の設定] をクリック語の画面 ([通知] や [その他の設定] の画面) には、画面右上に人型のマークのアイコンが表示されず、サインアウトの操作ができません。
    そのため、サインアウトの操作ができるようにしてほしいです。

On the screens (‘Notifications’ and ‘Other settings’ screens) displayed after going to OneDrive for Business, clicking the “gear icon”, then “OneDrive settings”, the person-shaped icon in the top-right is not displayed, so you cannot sign out.
    Please make signing out from these screens possible.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Configuration ability for 'Request for more SharePoint storage space' e-mails

Need to be able to edit who this email is sent to rather than spamming all Global and SharePoint admins.

At the very least give us an unsubscribe option so that GAs that do not support SharePoint or OneDrive can stop the clutter.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Faster refresh when people exit the document

If I open the file in the web based excel accidentally, I have to wait 10+ minutes until I can actually open it on the desktop version because it states that it is locked for editing by myself. Super inconvenient when I am needing to get into the document to do something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search keywords inside multiple file types in current folder

Search keywords inside multiple file types in current folder
    Please implement a feature in cloud drive, so user can search keywords inside multiple file types in current folder. E.g. search keyword "cat jumped over bridge" in folder X containing PDF1, PDF2, PDF3, Word4, Excel5, etc

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whomever came up with this rule, "A work or school OneDrive for work or school folder must be empty before you can delete it."

Whomever came up with this rule, "A work or school OneDrive for work or school folder must be empty before you can delete it." Sucks! You should be figuratively shot! You try and remove 300,000+ files and 8k of folders BY HAND!? YOU have a user who has to have that stuff removed so it doesn't resync. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? At least for gods sake put in an option to remove all and a confirmation. **** make it two confirmations. But that ... not like that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In list view of OneDrive, wish there are all sorting options similar to File Explorer

Why not add sort by "file type or kind" and others sorting options into
    onedrive? This will attract customers into subscribing to Microsoft 365 to max your money

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I select "photos" I should be able to choose which folders include photos. the suggested options do not include "camera Roll"

allow the user select which folders to show on the "Photos" tab. I don't want to select all photos because all my album art shows up. I should be able to add "Camera Roll" to the list of available folders. In fact I should be able to select any of my OneDrive forlders to display in Photos and I should be able to de-select any folders from showing up in photos

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I paid big money for a custom made 2 terabyte storage PC. I did NOT ask for One Drive and it's skimpy 5gb storage.

This is a complete ripoff. I paid big money for a custom made 2 terabyte storage PC. I did NOT ask for One Drive and it's skimpy 5gb storage. My files should be going to my 2 terabytes of storage. Not a scam program that only has 5gb.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ability to manage notification

I do not want to delete all the notifiication but just want to manage or ignore some notification. Please allow this as a feature

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a sort function to the search results screen on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business on Web の検索結果画面でのソート機能拡充希望
    Add a sort function to the search results screen on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business on Web の検索結果画面ではソートすることができない。
    検索結果利用の利便性向上のため、検索結果画面にもソート機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, there is no way to sort the items on the search results screen in OneDrive for Business on the internet.
    In order to improve the convenience of this function, please add a way to sort the results.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Changing the save location of Teams meeting recordings

■Title(件名):
    Teams 会議レコーディングの保存先を変更した場合について
    Changing the save location of Teams meeting recordings

■Description(内容):
    Teams 会議レコーディングの保存先を OneDrive for Business に変更した場合、トリミングを行うことができない。保存先が Stream の時と同様、OneDrive for Business 側でもトリミング機能の追加を希望します。

If you change the save location of Teams meeting recordings to OneDrive for Business, you cannot trim them. Please make it possible to do this like you can when they are stored on Stream.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make the files in the personal Vault on OneDrive searchable and display in the search results when Personal Vault is not locked.

Please make the files in the personal Vault on OneDrive searchable and display in the search results when Personal Vault is not locked.

That'd be great

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to rename a file whilst it is open in Preview

On the Android app version, I can rename a file whilst previewing the first page of it. This appears to be a missing feature from the web version. Instead I have to preview a file, then write down or try to remember key details of it (dates, codes etc for the file name) to then go back out of preview into the list of files, to rename the file... Which 9/10 I get incorrect! Clunky and seems odd!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base