OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive Personal Vault Needs To Allow Users To Lengthen 20 Minute Limit

Uploading large files like videos and other files is impossible when there is a 20 minute limit and it keeps timing out. OneDrive shows the drive is Inactive when in fact it is still active then I have to keep logging in. I spent days trying to upload files and it keeps logging out if I don't select to continue. If I am away from the computer it will log out and I don't even know it has been idle and not uploading.

Why does OneDrive consider it idle and inactive when it is trying to upload then the 20…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could you please put a filter to put items in Alphabetical order in the "Copy To/Copy Items" sidebar that comes up on the right.

Could you please put a filter to put items in Alphabetical order in the "Copy To/Copy Items" sidebar that comes up on the right after clicking "Copy To". Right now there is no way to alphabetized the items in that menu. See the screenshot for the area mentioned. It's the menu on the right side that says "Copy 1 Item".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There should be an update overnight button.

(I don't have a decent internet connection)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search bar should support standard file matching patterns e.g. *.mp4 , work*.docx . These are basic ls/dir search patterns.

Users are used to searching for files on their machines using standard dir/ls patterns e.g.dir .docx or ls -la p.mp4.

The Onedrive searchbar however doesnt support such search patterns. Many phone/camera image files are named following date convention e.g. 20191913_01.jpg and it would be a great convinience to find these by just searhching for 2019*.jpg.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add a feature to choose version histories for bulk deletion

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    バージョン履歴を選択して一括削除する機能を追加してほしい。
    Please add a feature to choose version histories for bulk deletion

■Description(内容):
    現在バージョン履歴を削除する場合、すべてを削除するか、バージョンごとに1つずつ削除する方法しかないが、選択して一括で削除する機能を追加してほしい。
    Currently there are only 2 ways of deleting version history, which is to delete everything, or to delete versions individually one by one, thus we hope that users can choose the versions and then bulk delete those choices all at once.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ONEDRIVE STOPPED ¨RENDERING¨ MY IMAGES FOR PREVIEW

Today all my new images stopped getting previews, it just shows hmm... it looks like there is no preview for this file to show you, all of them, i managed to get some of them working by sending those images to my e-mail and upload them directly to onedrive from there, but every other ones, that i upload through web browser or iphone app, dont get ¨rendered¨ and just stay how it is, please fix this thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete All activity in One Drive Live

It would be like deleting browsing history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scroll down Photo System is Shoddy&Cloud sync is strange

When you go into your photos on web& scroll down through dates&years on right of screen it is extremely hard to navigate with no normal drop down arrow to help aid the downward motion so you can whizz from 2020 to 2007 in seconds whether you want to or not unable to select which phot you want swiftly.
    You also need to be able to click on that photo and add it to a folder that is the replica of the folder you have saved on your computer& is linked to the cloud otherwise what its the point!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is there an easy way to group photos to delete? I have over 24,000 photos and want to get rid of 23,000 but only certain ones!

Is there an easy way to group photos to delete? I have over 24,000 photos and want to get rid of 23,000 but only certain ones!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. can't share to email

recently we share a folder but when we share by email
    the invitation not sent.
    but when we check the invitation already in sent folder.
    please fix it ASAP.

thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. can't share to email

recently we share a folder but when we share by email
    the invitation not sent.
    but when we check the invitation already in sent folder.
    please fix it ASAP.

thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. accidental click on picture (preview) should not clear SELECTION state

Opening a picture should not clear SELECTION state.
    When selecting quite a few pictures one after the other, someone may accidentally misclick which results in 1) the picture being opened, and once we click close ( X ) to return to the folder 2) selection states are cleared. So we have to start over again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive Shared File Exceeding Office for Web Limits

When files are shared via OneDrive that exceed Office on the Web limits (ie Excel > 50MB), instead of sending the user to an error screen that does not allow them to continue (if, for example, the desktop application is not detected), give them the ability to download the file instead. Currently the only button available is "OK" and does nothing useful.

Exact error message is... "Couldn't Open the Workbook","Sorry, we can't open your workbook in Excel Online because it exceeds the 50MB file size limit."

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be so nice to see file sizes and other attributes in the web view

Show file information such as size and attributes in the web view (e.g., a folder I do not synchronize but view only in the web portal)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore the functionality/ability to rename, delete or print etc. from the search window.

Restore the functionality/ability to rename, delete or print etc. from the search window.

This feature has been lost in O365 in my folder or a shared folder. No 3 dots to select display the drop-down menu selections, and no tool bar at the top to make a selection as well. Why would this be removed? My vote is to put it back!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Suspect file can't be downloaded

I upload some files and can't download because OneDrive thinks it's suspect file or a file with zero bytes. Therefore I've lost a lot of my files.

Let me decide if I want or not download it. I know what I'm doing and should have the ability to turn off this feature. And a feature I can't turn off it's not a feature, but a limitation.

I want to download all my files and quit OneDrive for a better solution, but I can't. OneDrive is a piece of "cheat": it's hard to upload files, almost impossible to download them, no…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合のファイル名について

■Title(件名):
    [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合のファイル名について

About the file name when specifying "all users who know the link" and sharing using the "copy link" function

■Description(内容):
    [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して共有を行う場合に、ファイルへアクセスするための URL のみだと分かりにくいため、ファイル名もあわせて記載される機能の追加を希望します。。

If you specify [Anyone who knows the link] and share using the "Copy link" function, it is difficult to understand because it is only the URL to access the file, so the file name is also included. I would like to add the function that will be done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用した場合の共有元ユーザーの OneDrive for Business Web サイト の "更新者" 欄について

■Title(件名):
    [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用した場合の共有元ユーザーの OneDrive for Business Web サイト の "更新者" 欄について

About the "Updated by" field of the sharing user's OneDrive for Business Web site when "All users who know the link" is specified and the "Copy link" function is used

■Description(内容):
    共有元ユーザーの OneDrive for Business にて "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" を指定し、「リンクのコピー」機能を使用して外部ユーザに対して共有をしている。
    共有された外部ユーザーにて共有ファイルを編集する際に、共有元ユーザーの OneDrive for Business の "更新者" 欄にて「ゲスト投稿者」ではなく、「共有先ユーザー名」が表示されるような機能の追加を希望します。

You specify "all users who know the link" in the sharing user's OneDrive for Business and share it to external users using the "copy link" function.
    When a shared file is edited by a shared external user, "Shared user name" is…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base