OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. What I hate is not having option to turn off “on this day”. Don’t need you to remind me of the past.

On web and iOS. It is very annoying I can’t log in with anyone around without the. Seeing photos that I don’t want them to see since it is right at the top. For example your girlfriend want to see the photos you just uploaded and you sign in and there are photos from you ex girlfriend from four years ago right at the top. Terrible feature you need to put an option to turn it off. The reason I use Microsoft instead of Google is because Microsoft didn’t have all these dumb features it was professional.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag a screenshot like a bill receipt to go to that Folder on Onedrive.

I do a lot of my shopping online and take a screenshot of the receipt which goes to Ondrive(brilliant idea). Would it be possible to add a tag so Onedrive know which folder/category to store the screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Organize "Share Folders" in OneDrive whitout lossing its Sync and Share properties

Please allow "Shared Folders" to have independent shares settings so when they are added to OneDrive they can move in different locations and subfolders without losing their "syncs properties"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow me to disable the Hover File Card Insights feature. I can see where others might want it but it is nothing but an annoyance.

Please allow me to disable the Hover File Card Insights feature. I can see where others might want it but it is nothing but an annoyance to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. stop this **** !!!!!!!

stop the taking over!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option for multiple selection of photos for deleting

I would like an option for selecting multiple photos for deleting on OneDrive Web on the all photos option. Currently, it has to be done one by one because there is no "select" option in order to select several pictures at once (I mean, I can check the box on the top right hand corner of each picture, but if I accidentally click anywhere else on the photo, it will take me to that particular photo and when I go back to the album to continue my cleaning up work, I have lost my work since all the pictures I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please bring back automatic tagging!

I have just updated my One Drive app and I have sadly discovered that automatic tagging has been removed. I have also discovered that even the former tags that the photos already had in One Drive website have been removed .

This is a critical feature in my opinion. Without automatic tagging is almost impossible to find any photo if you have a big collection like mine.

"If a digital asset is created, a no one finds it, does it really exist?"

Why do you remove automatic tagging? Without this feature the One Drive Photo is just a file storage…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I miss automatic tagging. Please bring back automatic tagging!

I have just updated my One Drive app and I have sadly discovered that automatic tagging has been removed. I have also discovered that even the former tags that the photos already had in One Drive website have been removed .

This is a critical feature in my opinion. Without automatic tagging is almost impossible to find any photo if you have a big collection like mine.

Why do you remove automatic tagging? Without this feature the One Drive Photo is just a file storage…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I miss automatic tagging. Please bring back automatic tagging!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The "Info" for a Folder's "More details" pane SHOULD ADD the File Count to the pane

This would help when verifying backups from Windows File Explorer contents and a finished Upload to OneDrive

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "Your memories" feature is creepy and should be remived and stuffed in the deepest hole on the farthest planet.

The "Your memories" feature is creepy and should be remived and stuffed in the deepest hole on the farthest planet.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MOVE TO feature should be available when document is open

MOVE TO is not available when I open a document - but that is the moment when I'm most clear where it needs to go as I organize incoming scans.
    When I close it to move the document is not selected so I oftentimes waste time because of that to ensure I'm moving the right document.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Backup Solution for Ondrive Privat

Backup Solution for Ondrive Privat like other Cloud services

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 共有リンク URL 情報の編集

OneDrive for Business で共有リンクが自動的に生成されますが、sharepoint.com や 自分の UPN が共有リンク URL に含まれているため、乱数などで リンクを見ても SharePoint や UPN の情報が共有リンクの URL からわからないようにできるようにしてほしい。

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. File editing locked by myself is a recurring problem. Even the support service is not able to resolve this.

File editing locked by myself (i.e. the user who created the file) is a recurring problem. Irrespective of the network and view options (in browser or in desktop app), this problem occurs. Generally, this is more pronounced with Excel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hash Calculation

Please add hash calculation for uploaded files. There are cases when large files are upload and shared via One Drive. Sometimes, due to low or fluctuating bandwidth process of upload can become lengthy. Once upload is complete, I want to make sure uploaded content is identical to the source. Hash calculation is the best solution in this case. Simple MD5 will do. Nothing fancy and resource-consuming please. I understand perfectly it is cloud and MD5 will affect compute in your case and costs might go up. But, from the risk mitigation perspective and avoiding cache sharding (I presume you are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. download all

There should be a simple option to download all files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base