OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add files/folder comparing function, so that we can skip the same files while uploading or downloading files.

Add files/folder comparing function, so that we can skip the same files while uploading or downloading files. So we can greatly imrove transporting efficiency.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lumin - PDF reader

Hello, please add like Google Drive to read a PDF large files.

Google Drive using a Lumin PDF to open PDF files for study or anything, and it's a good reader app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 선불폰판매전문 텔레그렘mademobile 선불폰 달림폰 세컨폰 영업폰 비밀폰 070 에그 라우터 전문 문의주세요 텔레그램 mademobile

선불폰판매전문 텔레그렘mademobile
    선불폰 달림폰 세컨폰 영업폰 비밀폰 070
    에그 라우터 전문
    문의주세요 텔레그램 mademobile

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Photo date appear when scrolling

When navigating the All Photos section, it would be nice to have the scroll bar show relative positions of different dates along the bar. Google Photos currently does a good job at this. It allows for easier jumping to specific dates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Videos Folder

There should be all consolidated videos in one folder. Similar to the Photos category, this would contain all videos in your OneDrive account

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Kick users off or Temporarily stop sharing while keeping link address

I upload my powerpoint decks onto OneDrive to share videos.

Because of the size of my decks, the amount of content involved, and the lack of speed on live updates, it's quicker for me to replace my decks entirely.

I cannot replace my decks when there are people viewing them.

I send my decks out to multiple groups with the same link and rely on replacing the same file to distribute my content. I can stop sharing the file on OneDrive but it also changes the link address.

It'd be great to add a feature for the creator of a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Phone access to OneDrive tech support

I've had a truly terrible customer service experience with OneDrive - a phone contact needs to be made available! No response to my emails.
    Every other Microsoft product e.g. office has a phone tech support.
    My recent phone consultant recommended I post this to be heard and followed up more URGENTLY about my case. I've had NO email follow up for case number 1207685. I called Microsoft to complain - case number 1469124649

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Move Files so it actually works

Move Files is extrememly unrealiable and consistantly throws up errors when attempting to move files. Why can't this feature just work??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If you purchase office 365 for 5 years, and each year comes with 1 TB of onedrive, you should be able to stack the TB's on one account

If you purchase office 365 for 5 years, and each year comes with 1 TB of onedrive, you should be able to stack the TB's on one account.
    I only use one account so I basically have no access to 4 other TBs of onedrive storage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reinstate the ability to create a view based on specific criteria (such as date)

Many SharePoint settings have now been hidden in OneDrive. Can the capability to create a view based on criteria be reinstaed please.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. VS Code Integration with OneDrive

Provide integration on VS Code to allow it to use OneDrive for git repositories and other coding needs. Due to switching between 2 computers, I am seeing .git directory files being tagged with server names on updates due to file locking or other mechanisms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open the view option menu

Open the view option menu is by default "tiles" it should be user defined option. As I prefer List or Compact List.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unable to access OneDrive for Business after changing “Documents” name in Explorer view

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    エクスプローラー表示にて "Documents" の名前を変更すると OneDrive for Business へアクセスできない動作の改善

Unable to access OneDrive for Business after changing “Documents” name in Explorer view
    ■Description(内容):
    Internet Explorer から OneDrive for Business をエクスプローラー表示に切り替えた際に、"Documents" フォルダーの名前を変更すると OneDrive for Business の URL が変更され、UI 上からアクセスできなくなる。
    現在は利用者が自由に "Documents" フォルダーの名前を変更できる状態であり、OneDrive for Business へ正常にアクセスできることがビジネス要件上必須であるため、ユーザーが URL を変更した場合も OneDrive for Business を正常に利用できるよう改善するか、URL の変更自体をできないよう動作の修正を強く希望します。

When switching OneDrive for Business from Internet Explorer to Explorer view, if user changed “Documents” folder name, the URL of OneDrive for Business will be automatically changed, and it prevents users from accessing OneDrive for Business through UI.

Currently, any user can change the “Documents” folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deleted user’s OneDrive for Business is still accessible even after the retention period ended

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    削除済みユーザーの OneDrive for Business が保持期間終了後もアクセスできる動作について

Deleted user’s OneDrive for Business is still accessible even after the retention period ended
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 上から削除されたユーザーの OneDrive for Business は保持期間の経過後削除されるが、現在保持期間経過後も OneDrive for Business にアクセスができてしまう。
    保持期間終了直後に削除される動作がビジネス要件上必須であるため、動作の修正を強く希望します。

If a user is deleted from Office 365, the user’s OneDrive for Business will be deleted after the certain period of time. However, the problem is that it is possible to access the user’s OneDrive for Business even after the retention period elapsed.

In our Business requirements, deleted user’s OneDrive for Business needs to be deleted right after the retention period ended. Please…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show OneDrive account in Preferences.

I have more than 1 OneDrive accounts. Make it easy to tell which account I am logged into using Properties or Preferences.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use Office 365 to streamline my work. MS appears to encourage rafts of tech folks to continually "improve" Office 365!

It appears the MS is using Office 365 as a showcase for how many new ideas and thus new or revised procedures MS techs can stuff into the application. That might not be bad if MS didn't disable existing versions in order to introduce its "new, improved" version. I frankly want tools I can rely upon. I don't have time to have to relearn Office 365 each time I use it. Perhaps MS can support one version for working folks and a second version for those who love to play with new gadgetry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to download multiple files without zip - the zip limits the ability to download multiple big >4GB files overnight

ability to download multiple files without zip - the zip limits the ability to download multiple big >4GB files overnight

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. new photo layout is **** i just want to see files not albums....

new photo layout is **** i just want to see files not albums....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. option to sort pictures by size and be able to change thumbnail size

i would love to be able to view all the photos on my drive and sort them by size so i can delete all the tiny pictures that are useless to me without clicking each one to get details. I think it would also be convenient to be able to change the thumbnails when viewing photos just like in windows file folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shared files in Windows File Explorer

Is it possible to see shared files in the File Explorer?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 244 245
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base