OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. View thumbnails in desktop app of photos that are online only

I have almost 200GB of photos but I only want to keep up to 50GB on my Mac. I have OneDrive set up in finder with the online-only folders indicated.
    I'd like to still be able to browse thumbnails of the photos not downloaded without having to store them on the computer.
    Right now to see thumbnails of online photos without downloading them, I have to use the web browser.
    It would be nice to be able to download thumbnails only so as to save space on PC but still be able to browse through old photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track Changes

Would it be possible to see the changes people have made in version history?
    At present people have to visually compare versions, it would be far more intuitive if the changes were highlighted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto tagging for only predetermined tags

• An option to auto-tag only already existing tags, and do not create new tags.

The current system is a mess and has no use. If you wanna use tag pictures for the search, you don't have to show us search tags. People tag pictures to organize them in multiple categories without copying the same files in different folders.

• Also before slapping tags on pictures, suggest them instead.

• Maybe if it's possible and scaleable suggest tags based on our previous tags.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto tagging for only predetermined tags

• An option to auto-tag only already existing tags, and do not create new tags.

The current system is a mess and has no use. If you wanna use tag pictures for the search, you don't have to show us search tags. People tag pictures to organize them in multiple categories without copying the same files in different folders.

• Also before slapping tags on pictures, suggest them instead.

• Maybe if it's possible and scaleable suggest tags based on our previous tags.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. cargar archivos que superen los 15 Gigas a la nube

Quisiera sabe si existe la manera de cargar a la nube archivos que superen los 15 Gigas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. About operation when any setting is changed in OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて任意の設定変更を行った際の動作について
    About operation when any setting is changed in OneDrive admin center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて任意の設定変更を行い、[保存] ボタンを押した後に、エラーが起きていないか、読み込み中であるかなどの進行状況を確認する、あるいはメッセージを表示させる機能の拡充を要望します。

After changing any settings in the OneDrive admin center and pressing the [Save] button, the progress status such as whether an error has occurred or whether it is being read, or a function to display a message has been expanded. I request.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Nix Autosort-Reload on OneDrive when moving photos

Greetings!
    Please stop OneDrive from reloading and reorganizing photos every time pictures are moved to different folders or deleted--just keep the area where the photo was blank or filled in with white. The constant reloading is a time-suck, and makes using OneDrive frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How to change the time delay on the slide show of one drive??

How to change the time delay on the One drive slide show??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please improve OneDrive apps' "Make Available Offline" feature

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの "オフラインで利用可能にします" の動作について
    Please improve OneDrive apps' "Make Available Offline" feature

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの "オフラインで利用可能にします" 機能でファイルをダウンロードしているのに、同じ端末で Office アプリから同じファイルを開く際に再度ダウンロードが必要となる。
    本動作ではファイルを開くまでに時間がかかり、端末の容量の負担も大きいため、1 度のダウンロードで各アプリからファイルを開けるよう機能を改善して欲しい。​
    I used the OneDrive apps' "Make Available Offline" feature to download files, but for some reason when I use the Office app on the same machine to open those same files, I need to download them again.
    This operation takes up time until the files can be opened, and makes the machine use up excessive memory as well. So please improve this function to open files from each application after downloading them just once.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ALLOW FOLDER AND FILE ADDRESS TO HAVE COLOR CODE , FILE EXPOLOERER SHOULD ALLOW TO ZOOM FOR ELDERLY PEOPLE

ALLOW FOLDER AND FILE ADDRESS TO HAVE COLOR CODE , FILE EXPOLOERER SHOULD ALLOW TO ZOOM FOR ELDERLY PEOPLE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PLEASE ALLOW TO MAKE FOLDER AS NON DELETABLE

PLEASE ALLOW TO MAKE FOLDER AS NON DELETABLE

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. .HWP file preview/indexing support

The majority of digital documents in Korea are made in Hancom office, with .hwp being the .doc counterpart. As a big Korean company we are using OneDrive for business and the great search/indexing of the Graph. Despite there being a hwp to doc file converter provided by Microsoft, there is no way (yet) to preview and index the thousends of HWP files in our Storage

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I want a feature to let administrators check the usage for Onedrive Sync client backup

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    管理者側で Onedrive 同期クライアントの "バックアップ機能" 利用状況を確認する機能の実装要望
    I want a feature to let administrators check the usage for Onedrive Sync client backup

■Description(内容):
    現在、管理者が Onedrive 同期クライアントにて "バックアップ機能" をどのくらい活用しているか確認する機能が提供されていない。
    今後、管理者にて "バックアップ機能" の利用状況を把握できるような機能の実装を要望します。
    Currently there is no feature available for administrators to check how long the backup feature for Onedrive Sync client has been utilized.
    Please implement a feature to let administrators understand the usage situation for the backup feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Moving and copying files or folders should be EASIER!

Problem: When you want to copy or move a file you have to click click click through all your folders (for our company 100s) in order to find the folder where you would like to move or place a copy of a file or folder.

Solution: Create a Move/Copy option that pops up a window to allow searching to find the folder where you would like to Move/Copy the file or folder. WOW! What a great idea!

Please fix this very inefficient Move/Copy issue inside OneDrive.
    See pic for example

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make number of versions visible on file list view

Please show the number of versions to the right of the file name when viewing files in the file list view. Then when users click that number they can see version history and take necessary actions from there. This makes it much easier to identify files that have version history and to access that history for changes. See pic for example.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve add to album

Adding photos to an album individually is painfully slow. Often when looking through all photos in a folder I open each photo individually to add the best ones to an album.

1) The first time Add to album is clicks it takes a while to load all other alums into the list (shouldn't be slow but it is). Every other time its just as slow so why no cache the add to album list in the browser and pre-cache it).

2) Maybe the Add to album can have a dropdown of recent albums to make adding quicker.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Once folder is shared change it's color, so all shared folders stand out.

Please consider changing shared folders to a different color so that all shared folders will stand out from private folders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Decrease Banner Size

The various banners/headings/toolbars/breadcrumbs at the top of the page in OneDrive are so huge that the actual space where I can view my files is only the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of my screen, which means at times I can only view 3 lines at a time. Please give us more working space on the screen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have an option on the Website for files and folders to sort together by name rather than folders and files being sorted separately.

On the OneDrive Website, the folders sort by title then below the folders the files sort by name. I have the folder I am referring to set up on my computer so the folders and files are named by date and I need them to sort by the date in the title, not separated as folders then as files. Is there a way to change my preferences so folders and files are mingled And sorted by the name?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 284 285
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories