OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retain Date Modified Timestamp of Files Being Moved

Just like in Windows, when moving files from one folder to another, the Date Modified attribute of the files should not be updated with the timestamp when these are moved (using OneDrive Web's Move function).

I noticed that it seems random, when at times it works like that (Modified timestamp is unchanged since the files were actually last edited), and at other times they are updated on when the files were moved. It creates confusion on many files on when they were actually last updated (i.e., edited).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please enable for user copy / move on searched result in OneDrive Web

In current web platform, action within searched result is a basic and critical for all users while OneDrive for Business is still unable to do so. This is very inconvenient for user to re-organize the files/ folders in search result while other platform such as Google Drive, dropbox or etc able to do some.

Please enhance those features which is critical and basic for OneDrive for Business users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use this one

Unfortunately I have no idea

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Able to open email attachments in emails saved to OneDrive on mobile devices.

Currently if you save an email that has an attachment to OneDrive and then try to open that email on a mobile device such as a tablet or phone using the OneDrive app you are not able to see the attachment only the original email. I have tested this on multiple android devices including a Samsung tablet and 2 different android phones.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to pin File templates to the “New” button like in sharepoint

Sharepoint allows you to add file templates to the “new” button so you can quickly create a new document using templates. These templates only show up in the sharepoint they are added to. This functionality actually works in OneDrive if you have a sharepoint shared library. I would like to be able to put my own file templates in there and be able to use them in my personal/ shared libraries, as they only work in sharepoint folders

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to select which folders to appear in Photos.

Currently the Photos option will show all photos in OneDrive or just the Pictures folder. Allow users to manually select which folders will appear int he Photos page so that OneDrive can be customized to each users requirements.

Use case:
    I have a separate 'photos' folder which is shared with family members. It is separate to my 'pictures' folder which is not shared and contains other images, such as screen shots or raw, uncurated photos I don't want to share.
    If I can only show images from the 'photo albums' folder and can easily manage the photos I am sharing…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retain document formatting between Google Doc and MS Docx

Please make document formatting/styles more compatible between Google Doc and MS Docx! This is a huge problem when companies use different ecosystems but need to exchange files and collaborate directly in the cloud. When converting GDoc to Docx and uploaded to OneDrive (and vice versa), the document formatting and design is often way off, resulting in a lot of time wasted in re-adjusting it, and sometimes the formatting is even locked-in somehow therefore making it possible to adjust that it's actually faster to just restart from scratch rather than trying to figure it out and get frustrated. Please make the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive にファイルをアップロードする際のファイル サイズを 250 GB 以下に設定する機能について

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive にファイルをアップロードする際のファイル サイズを 250 GB 以下に設定する機能について

About the function to set the file size when uploading files to OneDrive to 250 GB or less

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive にファイルをアップロードする際のファイル サイズは既定では 250 GB と設定されているが、アップロード可能なファイル サイズを 250 GB 以下に指定する機能の追加を希望します。
    (例: 50GB)

The file size when uploading files to OneDrive is set to 250 GB by default, but I would like to add the ability to specify the file size that can be uploaded to 250 GB or less.
    (Example: 50GB)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you open a file in OneDrive of your work or school account, it will automatically jump back to the OneDrive page

When you open a file in OneDrive of your work or school account, it will automatically jump back to the OneDrive page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ***** onedrive. You guys basically re invented cancer.

********* guys at microsoft. You aint gettin a penny of my money from this piece of trash you're calling onedrive. You guys owe everyone a how to uninstall onedrive tutorial. Also maybe go find you're dignity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Synchropicture is not comprehensible

Impossible to use
    Haveto go to aple

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you stop in the middle of synchronization, you want to cancel the synchronization without completing the synchronization. 同期途中で停止を

If there is a folder that was unintentionally synchronized, I would like a function that can be avoided even during synchronization when it is stopped during synchronization.
    Currently, it is very inconvenient because it is difficult to understand the setting that automatically synchronizes the [Desktop], [Documents], and [Photos] folders on the terminal, and the synchronization is unintentional.

意図せず同期をしたフォルダーがあった場合、同期途中で停止をした際に、同期途中でも回避することができる機能を希望します。
    現在は、端末の [デスクトップ] [ドキュメント] [写真] フォルダーの同期を自動的にされる設定がわかりづらく、意図せず同期をしてしまうため非常に不便である。

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Opening Office from my computer instead of online as primary

I would like to be able to set my computers version of Office as the primary way to open instead of opening it online. Opening it online creates multiple toolbars and makes the working area smaller. I can currently open the files from my computer version but have to make several clicks every time. See Case #:1021658119.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to disable the feature that stops uploads when pictures share the same name

when im uploading photos from my student's cameras to my one drive - it will not upload photos with the same name
    they're from different cameras and are different images but both are named something like img_0876
    this means students miss out on their images or It takes me longer than needed to do my job

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 中文搜索太垃圾了

以文件名搜索都搜索不到,太垃圾了,中文搜索完全是残废得

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sugiro a implementação de reconhecimento facial para agrupar as fotos do Onedrive por pessoa.

Melhora e facilita muito o manuseio das fotos quando há o recurso de reconhecimento facial e agrupamento das fotos por pessoas.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Move and copy side panel larger, or scaleable.

When navigating the side panel during a Move or Copy, and there are multiple nested subfolders, you cannot read the subfolder name. This isn't really a suggestion, rather a problem report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. copy files does not complete 100%

When I copy large sets of files from a personal OneDrive space to a Sharepoint library using the CopyTo or MoveTo functions in the web browser, I FREQUENTLY find that the move or copy is incomplete although the UI has indicated that the process is DONE. This gap between the UI and the actual behaviour means I find it hard to trust the tool, and forces me to check by hand that the migration has happened successfully. Why does the progress finish before the actual process is finished?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 347 348
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base