OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow OneDrive Personal users to delete files that have been shared with them through the web app

Today, if I share a folder with another user, they are unable to delete files and folders within it from the web view, even if they have edit rights on the shared folder and even if they themselves added the files.

For some reason this instead has to be done through the OneDrive desktop (requires adding a folder on a higher level than what they want to delete to "My OneDrive") or by using the Shared functionality in OneDrive for Android/iOS.

The issue is described by another user here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/onedrive-for-business/cannot-delete-shared-files/m-p/2089615

Please allow users to delete files in a folder shared…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. sort "shared by me" by recipient

In the "shared by me" page, allow me to group the shared items by the people who has been given access. I want to see all elements shared to person A, and the next section shows me all elements shared with person B, etc.
    Thus, I can quickly see what elements I need to stop sharing in order to remove access to my onedrive for Person X.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lost Audit Logs

Worked with your support team trying to find audit logs for a sharing transaction but we were unsuccessful. Their recommendation is that the Engineering Team would have to research this further and revert on why the transaction logs cannot be found. The case number with the details is 26713499. Please forward to the relevant team.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email enable a folder in OneDrive for Business

Generate an email address for a folder in OneDrive for Business. That email address can be given out to send data to it.

Like email enabling a channel in Teams.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About notification email when sharing using the "copy link" function

■Title(件名):
    「リンクをコピー」機能を使用して共有した場合の通知メールについて

About notification email when sharing using the "copy link" function

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business 内のアイテムに対して共有リンクを発行する方法にて共有を行った場合、共有先ユーザーが共有アイテムにアクセスする際に共有元ユーザーにて通知メールが届く動作を確認しております。
    しかしながら、[リンクをコピー」機能を使用し、発行されたリンク URL を送付し共有先ユーザーがアクセスした際に、共有元ユーザー宛に通知メールが届かないため、共有リンクを発行する場合の共有方法と同様の動作となるよう動作の修正および機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, if you share by issuing a shared link to the item in OneDrive for Business, check the operation that the sharing source user receives a notification email when the sharing destination user accesses the shared item. We are here.
    However, when using the [Copy Link] function and sending the issued link URL and the sharing destination user accesses it, the notification email does not reach the sharing source user, so the sharing method when issuing a sharing link I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bigger Thumbnails or Previews (like in Google Drive) and previews of Google Files, like Google does it with Microsoft Office Files

Bigger Thumbnails or Previews (like in Google Drive) and previews of Google Files, like Google does it with Microsoft Office Files

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom sort on iPhone app

Having sorted your images using a PC, it would be nice if that custom sorting order was the default sorting order when opening and viewing the folder from a mobile device, such as iPhone. It seems like a lost effort, if the sorting cannot be seen from other devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sorting images

The menu for custom sorting of images is removed. Not possible to sort images. An attempt to add a click and move seemingly failed. Unable to release image when moved.
    Custom sorting is needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Highlight the file name of the current version of a file name in green so that it is possible to identify the current version.

This would be a variation on the idea of a jump list. In the olden days there were jump lists and you could click on the file name in your jump list and be confident that you were working on the current version of the file. Now there are many, many versions of the file with no distinguishing feature other than a timestamp. I have no confidence in my ability to pay attention to timestamps. I want colours.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More flexible folder tree

Hi

The folder tree that opens up upon using the 'copy to' command should be resizeable or have a horizontal scrollbar. Currently, I cannot browse the entire tree structure (see screenshot)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow recipients to work on shared file with edit permission but restrict them to further share at the same time

Allow recipients to work on shared file with edit permission but restrict them to further share at the same time

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Associate OneDrive account with person rather than email. Would enable 1 person to add or replace email w/o moving files to new account

I can't change the email on my account to a preexisting email. I have to manually download and re-upload all my files.. Due to DSL uploads where I live this will take several days (not able to use internet while going on). THIS IS CRAZY. Microsoft should be able to allow me to change my email to my **@Outlook.com without moving all my old files to the **@Outlook.com account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you please restore the Photo View of My Files in OneDrive?? Really annoying that its removed. In Photo's - Albums you can't make sub alb

Can you please restore the Photo View of My Files in OneDrive?? Really annoying that its removed. In Photo's - Albums you can't make sub albums, so no structure anymore in anyone's photo collections!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow consecutive audio/video file streaming

Allow consecutive audio/video file streaming at least from the same folder: ie music from an album, or videos from a project folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hello, I wanted to recover a backup copy of my One Drive, dated before 07/07/2021, at 9:00 p.m., if it were possible that you have previous

Hello, I wanted to recover a backup copy of my One Drive, dated before 07/07/2021, at 9:00 p.m., if it were possible that you have previous copies. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple Ideas

Creating Multiple Links (Secured with different expiry dates)

If we share the folder/file to specific people using their emails, we need to have an expiry date

The option to see that when the folder/file was shared

Action Tracking with details, who and when someone open/edit the folder/file

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow to set up an expiry date when share a file/folder with specific people through their emails

When we share a file/folder with specific people by their email address, OneDrive don't allow to set up an expiry date which should be added.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Restore a folder with version history

I would be great if we could also restore all files from a folder. We could right click on a folder to restore all changes made inside of it. It could have the same "version history" context menu that the files have.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let download Link-shared oneDrive-files without login

At the moment, it`s not possible to download things, when you are not logged in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 351 352
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base