OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Decrease Banner Size

The various banners/headings/toolbars/breadcrumbs at the top of the page in OneDrive are so huge that the actual space where I can view my files is only the bottom 1/2 or 1/3 of my screen, which means at times I can only view 3 lines at a time. Please give us more working space on the screen!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an option on the Website for files and folders to sort together by name rather than folders and files being sorted separately.

On the OneDrive Website, the folders sort by title then below the folders the files sort by name. I have the folder I am referring to set up on my computer so the folders and files are named by date and I need them to sort by the date in the title, not separated as folders then as files. Is there a way to change my preferences so folders and files are mingled And sorted by the name?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Downloading Options

Allow user to decide how to download.. I want to maintain the file size of my pictures without compressing them.
    User should be able to download at least 10 at a time without zipping. User should be able to choose to download faster with a zip or at a slower rate without zipping. Zipping is very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I hope for an improvement in the Shared librarys' site display setting

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有ライブラリのサイト表示条件について
    I hope for an improvement in the Shared librarys' site display setting

■Description(内容):
    弊社で OneDrive for Business を日々利用しています。
    OneDrive for Business の画面に共有ライブラリがあり、複数名での保存域への切り替えも用意に行えるからです。
    しかしながら、現時点では共有ライブラリに表示される条件は "Office Graph" により自動検出されるため任意に設定ができません。
    そのため自身が所属するグループが意図通りに表示されない場合があり、利用する上で不便です。
    共有ライブラリに表示される設定について機能拡張を要望します。
    Our company uses OneDrive for Business daily.
    This is because there is a shared library screen in OneDrive for Business, and also it is easy to switch to the save area where multiple users can save.
    However, currently the condition for displaying in the shared library is detected automatically by "Office Graph" and we cannot make the setting ourselves.
    As a result there are times when the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. No poder guardar la presentacion en un pendrive, no me gusta.

Después de trabajo que lleva la presentación, no poder guardar donde quiera (pendrive). No poder insertar hipervínculo y añadir música o videos, tampoco me a gustado.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. acrescente a data ao lado do arquivo compartilhado, aparecendo no onedrive...fica muito mais fácil de procurar.

Se faz necessário incluir a data ao lado do arquivo que foi compartilhado ou que vc compartilhou.....sem a data fica difícil de procurar......

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open PowerPoint files in Presentation Mode

Allow users to share a link to a PowerPoint file (.pptx or .ppsx) and have the file automatically open in presentation mode when the link is clicked

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. email dissapear while changing file permission

I ma relatively new to OneDrive and recently found that email disappear while changing permission (unchecking anyone can edit ...) maybe there is an option to change default status for permission but it will be nice to keep data that was already entered in box

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add OneDrive for Business Classic UI functions for Modern UI

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のクラシック UI で設定する機能について
    Add OneDrive for Business Classic UI functions for Modern UI

■Description(内容):
    現在 OneDrive for Business にはクラシック UI とモダン UI があるが、クラシック UI でしか設定できない機能などがある。(アイテムの通知設定など)
    それらの機能について、今後はすべてモダン UI でも対応できるよう、機能拡張を希望します。
    Currently there is Classic and Modern UI for OneDrive for Business, but there are some functions that are available only for Classic UI (item notification settings etc).
    Please make it so that those functions can be used in Modern UI as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Personal Vault locking too soon - ideas for fix

When working on a synced file that is stored in the personal vault, the auto-timed lock becomes troublesome. There is no easy way documented for the user to change that feature, even temporarily.

Idea 1: give a clear way for the user to set the timing of the locking feature so auto-syncing can happen while working on a file.

Idea 2: Put the "I'm about to lock the vault!" notice on top of all other windows so we don't miss it. Add it to the Windows 10 notification bottom-right of our main working screen. That would give us a one-click…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Label the view button so people I share images with can find the tile view

people I share folders with are not necessarily Office365 users and they find the user interface confusing. One consistent problem is that the file view button is not labeled and therefor difficult for many to find. If you are sharing large image folders this makes previewing difficult. The simple fix would be for me to be able to set the default view for a folder so users get exactly what I want them to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. enable sharing to specific people - same options as in onedrive for business

Currently users of OneDrive don't have any option for sharing other than providing a link. invited users can see the folder/ file in their shared folder, however the folder is open to anyone who by chance may have the link! the internet provider could be one, the office administrator, and so on...

this is a huge privacy gap.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. tag my photos with the name of the physical folder

I organize my photo's by event that can span multiple days. I keep them in an a single folder per event.

Please add a tag similar to the name of that folder so I can easily put in an album

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why I cannot be shared the folds from my customer?

My customer shared OneDrive to me, I tried to paste her linking on my ie or googole chrome but it doesn't work ( as attached jpg.) It seems my customer is using 365 office so I cannot be shared? Please help!

"I'm changing to a new OneDrive folder with a different account. Please share this folder for specs and artwork going forward."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My idea? FIX IT SO THAT IT WORKS!

My idea? FIX WHAT YOU HAVE SO THAT SYNC'ING IS RELIABLE. FFS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the inconsistent history version that occurs due to simultaneous editing in Office Online

■Title(件名):
    Office Online 同時編集時のバージョン履歴について
    Change the inconsistent history version that occurs due to simultaneous editing in Office Online

■Description(内容):
    Office Online にて複数のユーザーが同じファイルへアクセスし同時編集を行った際に、編集したユーザーのバージョン履歴が作成されても後から編集した他のユーザーが更新者として上書きされたり、ファイルを開いたタイミングや閉じたタイミングによってバージョンが作成される。
    また、Excel Online 、PowerPoint Online 、Word Online にてバージョンが作成される際の動作が異なる。
    編集しているユーザーが履歴に残らない動作や、Office Online の種類によって動作が変わってしまうと利用者に混乱をきたすため、改善してほしい。
    When multiple users access and edit the same file simultaneously in Office Online, even if the current editing user's version is saved in history other users will become the last updater and the last saved version will be overwritten, or newer versions will be saved due to different timings in opening and closing the file.
    And it seems that Excel Online, PowerPoint Online and Word…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please solve the unreadable strange characters in shared reports

■Title(件名):
    共有に関するレポートの文字化けを解消してほしい
    Please solve the unreadable strange characters in shared reports

■Description(内容):
    [OneDrive の設定] から [共有レポートの実行] を行い、レポートの生成はできたが、レポートの日本語部分が文字化けしているため、文字化けが発生しないようにしてほしい。
    Reports can be created by using "Run Shared Reports" in "OneDrive Settings", but the Japanese characters in the reports are displayed as strange unreadable characters, so please solve this problem.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. About the function to cancel the sharing setting at once by selecting multiple files and folders shared on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上で共有したファイルおよびフォルダーを複数選択し一括で共有設定を解除する機能について

About the function to select multiple files and folders shared on OneDrive for Business and cancel the sharing settings at once

■Description(内容):
    一度 OneDrive for Business 上で共有したファイルおよびフォルダーを複数選択し一括で共有設定を解除する機能の追加を要望します。

We request the addition of the function to select multiple files and folders once shared on OneDrive for Business and cancel the sharing settings at once.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug: trying to change the "allow edit, view only" permissions fails on chrome or edge dev. It works with old edge. Please fix.

Bug: if you try to change the "allow edits, or view only" permissions on sharing an album link fails on chrome or edge dev browsers. The Check-box disappears before you have a chance to check or un-check the "allow edits". It works on old edge.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 284 285
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories