OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. About the menu being displayed when the More icon (three dots) for files or folders on OneDrive for Business is clicked

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上のファイルやフォルダーの三点リーダーをクリックした際に表示されるメニューについて
    About the menu being displayed when the More icon (three dots) for files or folders on OneDrive for Business is clicked

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のファイルやフォルダーの三点リーダーをクリックした際、メニューに表示される項目を編集できる機能を追加してほしい。
    例) [共有] を非表示にするなど
    I hope you can add an ability to edit items displayed in the menu when the More icon (three dots) for files or folders on OneDrive for Business is clicked on.
    i.e. hide “Share,” etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive links should be shown in MY OWN OneDrive. Not in senders OneDrive.

Like in Dropbox - I would like to be able to see any library that is share with me (as link) - in MY OWN OneDrive. Not in senders OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Downloading a folder (as a zip file) should include empty subfolders

Currently, when I download a folder from OneDrive on the web, it gives me a .zip file that does NOT contain the empty subfolders that happened to be within that folder.

This is unacceptable. Some of my processes require those empty subfolders to exist, in order to function correctly. So, this is effectively a data-loss situation.

Please ensure that empty subfolders are included within any .zip created, when downloading a folder from OneDrive on the web.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Personal vault security doesn't make sense

I really want Personal Vault to work for me but it just isn't making sense. When I go to set it up online (onedrive.com) it doesn't prompt me for a PIN or password, it simply makes use of the Windows Hello PIN (and fingerprint) that I have already set up on my PC. This doesn't make sense - why use the same password for a locked folder within that account? My specific situation is this - I have a computer that I want to allow my husband to use on occasion. So I give him the PIN. But, I have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. go **** yourself

im gonna sue you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding Excel Online external references

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Excel Online の外部参照について
    Regarding Excel Online external references

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business (SharePoint Online) 上に保存された、Excel ファイルをブラウザー上で開いた際、外部参照された値の表示のみが可能であり、値の更新や式の変更を行う場合は、Excel クライアント上での操作が必要となります。
    Excel Online 上でも、値の更新や式の変更ができるように機能拡充を希望します
    When Excel files saved in OneDrive for Business (SharePoint Online) are opened using the browser, only viewing is allowed for externally referenced values. If those values need to be updated or formulas need to be changed, operating the Excel client is required.
    We hope that the feature can be improved to enable updating of values and changing of formulas for Excel Online.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notification settings when sharing settings are made in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にて共有設定を行った際の通知設定について

Notification settings when sharing settings are made in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    全体管理者もしくは共有元/共有先アカウントにて、OneDrive for Business 内の共有フォルダーに対しての通知設定が共有先アカウント宛に届いたかを確認する機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to add a function to check whether the notification setting for the shared folder in OneDrive for Business has arrived at the share destination account by the general administrator or the share source / share destination account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault - Unlimited Folders and Files Upload for Free OneDrive Users

I need to use my Personal Vault to store many of my online account passwords and other related personal information regarding me and where I live, plus other confidential information. Microsoft is very unfair to make the Personal Vault limited to a maximum of 3 files. I am a free OneDrive user, so I do not use any purchasable subscriptions. I use the free Office Online, not Office 365.

Please can Microsoft make it possible to allow free OneDrive users like me to be able to store as many files and folders to the Personal Vault without any restrictions. Please…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. onedrive should acccess on all my platforms eg Mac tab, Android mobiles, Windows Pcs & Laptops

onedrive should acccess on all my platforms eg Mac tab, Android mobiles, Windows Pcs & Laptops

This is not my alone problem its universal
    Be broad minded

Even though I paid Rs 4954.82 for MS Office my **** new Lenovo IdeaPad Locked its not opening
    Windows installation done by dealer at US but aftet arrival at India I purchased MS Office for my Onedrive udage. Purchase proof attached Now Laptop also locked. No service from your side no one contacted till now. Chatbot is unable to answer my problem Bebroadminded and do the business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better upload system

How about uploads that ******* work? Trash. First and last time I use it. Back to the google ecosystem I go.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Photos Options in Photos Tab

I don’t have options to view my pictures once I click on the photos tab; the only option is show photos from all folders or picture folder. Th emotions for view the photos in details, list and Photo is not available. Please add the Top List Options List to the Photos tab, that is where they belong to start with. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photo addting folder options

One drive, Under Photo, been able to setup different pages for each event. Example: I have jobs which I like to set up per client so I can go to there picture page. It should have on photo option for new folder.
    Example: Phone, New folder, Name the folder, drop pictures in folder out of all photo into new box. Removing photos from all folder BUT not deleting them from your folder you have saved them in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Photo

One drive, Under Photo, been able to setup different pages for each event. Example: I have jobs which I like to set up per client so I can go to there picture page. It should have on photo option for new folder.
    Example: Phone, New folder, Name the folder, drop pictures in folder out of all photo into new box. Removing photos from all folder BUT not deleting them from your folder you have saved them in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share folders by link without the recipiens need to have an microsoft-account

Now you need to have an Microsoft/Onedrive account to open a Link to a folder that a onedrive-user shares. This is really bad for me when I want to share for example a folder with pictures. Clients write me back, that they have to have an account to open the folder.
    With google-drive that is no problem.
    So please implement that in one-drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I am working on a document (eg Word) in Personal Vault, please provide an error message if the vault is locked when I try to save it.

I have been unlocking my Personal Vault and then editing Word documents stored in it. If I save them before Personal Vault locks itself, then all is OK. But if I save a document after Personal Vault has locked itself, because it has timed-out, then Word does not give me an error message, as I would expect. Instead, Word goes into the Save As dialogue, asking where on my PC I want to store the document. It would be very helpful to have an error message at this point, reminding me that Personal Vault is now locked and to unlock…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. El poder arrastrar archivos o carpetas directamente arrastrando con el raton

El poder organizar directamente desde la web o aplicación, arrastrando las carpetas o archivos directamente con el raton

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)