OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change 'The OneDrive Blog' to 'The OneDrive Plot'

A brave change to spread the freedom of the true nature of that lovely horror blog.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Security Cetificates for Corporate devices.

Update security certificates for OneDrive.com and blog.OneDrive.com website. I am unable to access it from corporate device.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please Show file extensions

Show the file extensions. NEVER EVER EVER Hide extensions of known file times. It makes it impossible to see the difference between files that open with the same application

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back unlimited one drive storage

On November 2, 2015, Microsoft announced that it is no longer offering unlimited one drive storage, cutting it back to 1 TB for 360 subscribers, to 5 GB from the original 15 GB for free users, and discontinuing the 15 GB camera role bonus altogether.

Many costumers feel that Microsoft has breached their trust, is using unjustifiable excuses as a smokescreen for financial gains, and is undermining the reliability and functionality of the windows ecosystem.

We ask that Microsoft bring back the original storage options and regain the trust of their costumers.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thanks!!

Thanks for lowering my data storage. Leaving you for Dropbox and Box. Just FYI, your business strategy sucks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow others to add files

To use OneDrive effectively, I need to be able to share a folder with e.g a family member and allow then to add files WITHOUT requiring them having a Microsoft account.
    Please consider this, as competing cloud storage services provide this functionality!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why does nobody respond from ONEDRIVE on the 60.000 votes of GIVE US BACK OUR STORAGE

Why does nobody respond from ONEDRIVE on the 60.000 votes of GIVE US BACK OUR STORAGE

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adieu Microsoft

Je suis déçu de cette décision injuste, je n'ai plus confiance à tout ce qui a un lien de près ou de loin avec les produits Microsoft. Vous avez perdu toute crédibilité aux yeux des clients, on ne peut plus vous faire confiance. Je n'utilise plus aucun produit MICROSOFT désormais. Adieu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give us ilimited space for photos and short videos on OneDrive for Office 365 users!

Users of Office 365 should have a free storage for pictures (any size) and videos up to 200MB for short family and fun homemade videos. With this, I'm shure that O365 will be really more interesting, Actually I don't like use a Social Web like FB or G+ to share pics, I prefer keep safety on OneDrive and creat organized albums and share with sspecif freinds and family. I hope MS make the OneDrive a more safety, fun and freedom space!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stay as you are :)

Windows one drive is indescribably better than apples iCloud! One drive is so much more user friendly, where as iCloud just confuses the shit out of everyone

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Music I own and uploaded to OneDrive should always be playable on Groove Music

I'm unable to stream/download some of my music from OneDrive to Groove on both Android/Windows Phone. The error message says it's due to media rights but there shouldn't be any media rights issue when I buy an mp3 on some other service and upload it to OneDrive so I can stream to Groove Music.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Speicherplatzreduzierunh - ich bin enttäuscht...

Hallo Microsoft,
    ich bin enttäuscht zu hören, dass der Speicherplatz auf OneDrive plötzlich wieder begrenzt werden sollt. Schade, das war ein echtes Alleichstellungsmerkmal. Hoffe Ihr überlegt Euch das noch mal!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a purchase plan for permanent 10 GB blocks of online storage instead of axing everyone to 5 GB

We get that "unlimited" was unrealistic and got abused by some, but axing down everyone from 30 GB to 5 GB will just drive many away.

Offer a plan to do a one time purchase for a permanent amount of online storage, for example $20 for a permanent 10 GB, with no recurring cost. Those that need more could purchase more blocks of 10 GB.

An offer like this could be an acceptable compromise, and leaves room to grow as needed without the need for a subscription. I, as many others, neither need nor want an Office 365 subscription, even…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. File explorer view with extra columns for synched devices showing file status on/offline etc.

File explorer view with extra columns for all synched devices showing file status if file is online only, offline available or not available.

With this File explorer detail view it is fully transparent to the users what files is available on what device. No confusion anymore with only only files.
    The status could be in codes like:
    M = Master file: on this device the file is stored and offline available
    S = Slave : on this device the file is only available only
    N = New : on this device a new file has been created but not yet…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NAS at home/workplace to become relay station to OneDrive cloud.

To improve write and read performance to cloud a NAS at home as a relay station per default in home network could increase user experience.
    Usability and availability on slow/unstable internet line would improve a lot.
    This allows user to have all files/documents in the cloud.
    The NAS would be a mirrored cloud with doing the synch in background to OneDrive without letting the user feel that typically cloud access delay.
    Even temporary offline periods could be buffered by the NAS allowing the user to continue with work in case internet or cloud server problems.
    If the NAS is the…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pool 5TB across accounts in a O365 Home plan rather than allocating 1TB per user

I paid $100 for O365 home for five users, but host most of our family's photos and content in my OneDrive. It would really make sense if this came out of everyone's allocation.

Please change O365 Home plans so that there's 5TB shared/pooled storage--per plan--rather than 1TB per user.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. you lost our trust

Give us back our storage!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Free storage in OneDrive MUST be 15 GB!!!

We want again 15 GB for free storage in OneDrive !! Microsoft wants to reduce the free storage to 5 GB??? so we will do a mass migration to other competing services (Google Drive, Box, ecc)

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base