OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Enable uploading of folders via Safari

You've done it for Chrome, now please do it for Safari too.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display the number of files and folders in a folder and its subfolders

I would appreciate to have the ability to see in the properties how many files and folders does a selection of files and folders contain (files and folders selected, plus all the files and folders in all the subfolders of the selection) on the website, like it is possible on Windows: today, you can only know how many elements you have ticked, or how many files and folders does only one folder contain (without including the files and folders in the subfolders).

538 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing this. We don’t have specifics to share, but wanted to provide an update that we are looking into this for future updates.

3. bad file check

Hi:
    I post one question a while ago (http://goo.gl/QFCpdO).
    I didnt figure it out, and dont plan to spend more time on it.

But then, I found one of your competitor having this tool called bad file check (https://www.dropbox.com/badfilescheck). I think that is a good idea, and if MS also develop one, users can then use this tool to do the self check.

Cheers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let me specify which file extensions to be handled by the text editor

I’d like to add or remove file extensions that should be handled by the text editor.

For example, I have many source code files that are currently not opened in the text editor. (I don’t need syntax highlighting.)

Please DO NOT MERGE this idea with another. I’m NOT asking for the ability to change file extension while renaming files.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow side loading into YouTube.

With any uploaded video, show connection to YouTube account, and for it to be side loaded, taking advantage of the cloud to upload, process and edit, all without needing stable internet

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. can you insert a password protection in the access to OneDrive by other application?

I noticed that with the latest update of OneDrive application, you can put a security pin to prevent unauthorized access to onedrive app, but if I enter in the office app I can however view all office documents in onedrive without required no password entry and the same thing happens to the photos on onedrivethat are opened using the app photo, going in the album you can access without a password for all photos contained in onedrive ... anyone able to circumvent a protection system as well ... hope you do an update to password protect access to onedrive also…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to move/copy files/folders from personal folder to OneDrive Group.

I want to copy/move a certain folder into a OneDrive Group in which I am an admin.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open PDF directly into OneNote

Open PDF directly into OneNote so that we can make notes and work from the PDF file.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. independent folder views

I would like to have independent views for folders on Onedrive.com. An example would be - i'd like to keep my main list of folders in the "detailed view", and once i click on my "Pictures" folder, switch to the "thumbnail view." however, if i click on "Documents," it should be "detailed view." right now the minute i change the view (detailed or thumbnail," ALL folders get switched to that view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an option to dissable viewers from downloading a shared file

When I want to send somebody a video or a powerpoint pressentation I'm not able to prevent him from downloading it and sharing without me knowing about this fact. I sugest adding an option to dissable download option when creating a link for shearing

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automatic expiration of sharing links

Let me choose a date for each sharing link on which the link gets revoked automatically.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Generate per-person sharing links without sending emails

I’d like to be able to generate a sharing link without sending an email from OneDrive.com, which I can revoke later without affecting other recipients.

Perhaps it’d be better if I can choose a descriptive name for each link (rather than using email addresses).

Currently this can only be approximated by creating a permission bundle for each recipient, which gets the “Shared” view cluttered very quickly.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow OCR for Scanned Documents (images/pdf)... and index results for directory level searches.

Allow OCR for Scanned Documents (images/pdf)... and index results for directory level searches.

I want a "paperless house" which involves scanning all my paperwork, it can then be auto-uploaded to a neat onedrive.com folder. Great but how do I find specific documents once i've uploaded 10,000?

I wish to be able to search my entire directory or drive for image/PDF scans featuring the word "Tax", for example.

At this time OCR work very well within documents but the same search at the directly only returns text based document results.

OCR'ing and indexing the results for every document is no small…

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Player for Mp3 in OneDrive.

That would be great if there was player for mp3 files in OneDrive to share with friends my audio, listen online

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An indication on existing links to know if Recipients need to sign in option was used

I have been unable to find any way to determine if the option "Recipients need to sign in with a Microsoft account" was used when sharing some items. I see the items listed when navigating to the OneDrive "Shared > Shared by me" screen. I can check the box in the upper right corner of an item and in the properties pane at the right under Sharing, I can see a persons name listed. I can click on that name and a modal Share dialog appears over the screen. Under the person's name there is a drop down box that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement resumable uploads

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we're sick and tired of seeing "Oops. An error occurred" on our screen when we try to upload files. I'm using OneDrive for backup and this has happened numerous times, at one point when my upload status for a given file was at 95%. Implementing resumable uploads will save users time and bandwidth should they come across this problem as constantly as I do.

Google Drive does it, Box does it, why not OneDrive?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Does anyone know how to get more than 1TB space on onedrive? There are no plans if anyone wants to get more than 1TB space for e.g. 5TB.

Many users like me need more than 1TB online storage for backing up massive data files. It would be good to have options for more than 1TB or atleast an option to contact microsoft for quotes on above 1TB.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In browser upload progress bar

It could be really helpful if the upload progress was being displayed on taskbar.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

1 vote
    Vote