OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Can we have an option to set different views for each folder.

Can we have an option to set different views for each folder please? For Example, when I log in to Onedrive, I would like to see all my files in thumbnails, but when I got my document or music folder, I would like to see those files in list view. Currently it is not possible to setup individual folder views.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kill this pathetic piece of software--I have sync issues at least 1-2 times per week!

I plan to put all my critical files on my hard drive and use a $10 thumb drive to back them up--Goodbye One DriveQ!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to recognize the same song on two different albums without needing to rename them

When uploading my music to OneDrive for X-Box Music, I have two songs on two different albums that OneDrive thinks are the same song, even though they're on different albums. I would like OneDrive to recognize this difference and allow both without renaming them, or upload both, rename, but show me the metadata track #, title, and album instead so it still looks the same to me.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to change the default upload location for photos/videos

Allow users to change the default upload location for photos/videos. I have not been able to find an option for setting the default location on OneDrive for photo and/or video uploads.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow Onerive to be connected as an external drive so that files can be accessed in explorer without using harddrive space

This feature would make One Drive function is an external drive. This would allow users to store files and access files from one drive without logging into the web interface. It would allow a copy and paste functionality in explorer and finder. This is similar to bitcasa, but is much more valuable as bitcasa no longer offers unlimited cloud space.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. show folders of pictures in the merged photos view

I would like to be able to see the real location of dublicate pictures on OneDrive, so I could delete the right ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Borrow some features from Google Docs - Copy Paste images directly

Hello,

At work I am forced to use Google Docs, but at for my personal work, I use Office 365 in the cloud

Though I love Office 365, there are some features in Google Docs that I wish were in Office 365.

1) The ability to copy and paste images directly into documents and email. This feature works seamlessly in Google Docs and Mail

2) The ability to add drawings to documents. This is a nice feature in Google Docs

Thanks for reading.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Two big security flaws - version history and recycle bin - forced to use Google Drive

Recently I have experienced virus encoder attack.
    Scenario: Virus encodes my mdb and accdb files in OneDrive folder on PC, files are uploaded to OneDrive.com, my files on OneDrive.com are also encoded. The result is I have lost all my data.
    If version history was available for all file formats on OneDrive.com, healthy versions would still be on the OneDrive.com.
    Scenario: Files in my OneDrive folder on my PC are accidentally deleted by me or deleted by virus (meaning they are not placed in the recycle bin on the PC). As I understand the size limit of recycle bin on…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow an external drive be disconnected and reconnected.

I have linked Onedrive to an external drive which I don't always have connected when I boot up my computer. Subsequently when I do connect the external drive I need to do a first time install. It would help if that reconnection could be made without using first time install.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow local transfer of OneDrive content from old PC to new PC

For users with lots of data on OneDrive, it's a bit cumbersome when moving to a new PC (or re-installing the OS). At the moment, we have to let OneDrive re-sync all the files/folders if we want local copies of all our content.

It'd be great to have the ability to locally copy all of our OneDrive content from old PC to new PC, and then let OneDrive sync content. As most/all of the content is the same (between the old and new install), only a small amount would initially be synced via broadband. I'd prefer to transfer 300GB of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to not automatically log in to Skype

Give the user the option to log out or not automatically log in to skype every time you hit onedrive.com

Its a cloud drive, not a social network

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More control of sharing privacy information such as Geo tags

Some privacy of photos is already in place as you can't see online the photo location, but simply downloading the image allows whoever downloaded it to see the information (google photos does strip this information). So there's some inconsistency there.

However, I do want some people I share with the ability to see the location. I don't want to always have no geo information because apps like storyteller can use this to enhance how we organize, view pictures.

Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. share directly from onedrive facebook custom created page

I am a sr creative designer and I want to upload my portfolio from one drive to my Facebook page post directly I asked about it to your team they suggest me to message here is it possible to share directly from my onedrive to Facebook page

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hide album art files in music folder

Hide album art files like windows explorer does.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Music Folder - Need to be able to sort by track number

We should be able to sort by track number, or other metadata.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow users to add shortcuts or favorites in the onedrive dashboard to files/folders

In onedrive.live.com, on the left of the screen where it has Files, Recent Docs, Photos, Shared there should be an option to drag onedrive folders onto that panel to link to them

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the ability to create a shared calendar and invite people to that, where it will show on their phones

When we switch to the Calendar, I would like the ability to create a shared calendar so that I can invite a person to an event, and it'll show on their calendar on their phone also.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base