OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Search Subfolders when using OneDrive.com

When I search, it only searches the current folder. I want search, through the Web interface, to look through subfolders as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create timelapse videos from folders

Have an option one oneDrive.com to create a timelapse video from a series of photographs in one folder. It would make creation of these an easy feat from any browser!

If all the photos are timestamped, then ordering them into a timelapse video is easy. Using the power of the cloud, it should be quick and easy to do!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix OneDrive.com

OneDrive web page tag options are not working properly - Please FIX

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable viewing of XPS files on OneDrive.com

With Office Online, we have the ability to quickly and easily view Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents in the web browser. However, we cannot currently view XPS documents. Many times, I print to XPS to quickly get a portable document that I can share with others, but there's no quick way to view it in the browser. Plus, the Windows 8 Reader app supports XPS viewing. Therefore, I think Office Online should as well.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a chapter editor for video files stored on OneDrive.

One of the things that I loved about digital media as I grew up was the ability to instantly seek to the next track or chapter.

As we moved from CDs and DVDs to MP3s and MPGs, the audio side of things quickly developed metadata to group multiple individual tracks into albums, however video did not receive this sort of attention.

Apple created a modified MP4 container years ago which supported chapters, but sadly WMV never had any equivalent (even though it would have been a simple feature to add).

In DVDs, all the video is stored as a single…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give us the ability to create playlists of our media stored on OneDrive.

I want to be able to create and share playlists of the audio and video that I have stored on OneDrive (or a mixture of both). Windows Media Player made this simple and easy a decade and a half ago on the client. I want this in your web app as well.

Gapless playback is an important feature.

Also, highly valued, would be the ability to specify a timecode to begin playing a video or audio at and also specify a timecode to end playing that piece of media at, as well as the ability to add the same video…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fully support subtitles, captions, transcripts, lyrics, etc. for both playback and editing.

Subtitles, captions, transcripts, synchronized lyrics, and the like are very important parts of both video and audio.

If I have a folder in OneDrive with video or audio in it and an identically named (but with a different extension) subtitle file, I definitely want the subtitles to be presented when I (or anyone else) stream that video from OneDrive.

This is also important for videos and audio which have subtitles, captions, or lyrics embedded within them - either encoded as part of the media stream or muxed into the same file container. (WMV and WMA both have this possibility, among…

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Structure for OneDrive - at least by developer guidelines

Many apps use OneDrive to backup their data. But since there is no (recommended) structure for OneDrive they typically end up polluting OneDrive root directory.

I would like to see something like "AppData" directory in OneDrive root. That would be the place for apps data like settings backups etc. This would leave the rest of te OneDrive for everyone's personal tastes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Built-in code editor

On the odd occassion I store code files on my onedrive whilst transporting between college and home and I don't like having to continuously download and re-upload them files.

I think it would be a good idea to have a built-in code editor inside onedrive which is able to edit any kind of script file.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When the browser closes unexpectedly, the web interface may behave annoyingly if folders/files are moving.

If folders are in the process of moving, two folders with partial contents may be left in the source and destination locations upon reopening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Activity notifications in the web interface often cover the folders/files I'm working on.

Rather than a drop-down box as an activity notifications, maybe just post notifications in the toolbar at the top of the page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lift 1000 files upload limit.

Many a time I get better speed of uploading or at least immediate upload starting. The 1000 file limit really hurts there. Also suppose I am on a computer without admin access and want to upload my project folder having many short sized files.... I get stuck. When you have a big house, make the roads wide too!!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We looked at increasing the file upload limit via the browser to OneDrive.com. The reason we chose 1000 was because we wanted a number that worked well in most browsers.

I’d recommend if you are uploading thousands of files, it is easier to do it via the desktop sync client.

Will leave this open but likely won’t get to it for a while as it is dependent on browser tech.

15. Copy shared files

I've got my family photo collection uploaded to onedrive and the folder shared with my wife, who has Can Edit permission. However she cannot copy files to another folder. She often creates picture projects to have prints ordered and will create a new folder as a temporary location, now, she can't do that and I'm in the doghouse.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please enable or support Regular Expression in Search!

A lot of ppl would be happy. If you improve on search with RegExp. Along with Regexp, search by tags,file/folder sizes too. What do you think?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. develop video player

develop video player and support more video formats as mkv, flv, etc. add the ability that video player to open video + sub/ srt files

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Annotate shared PDFs on the web

I recently got invited to annotate a PDF shared with me (editing enabled) via OneDrive. Unfortunately this isn´t possible yet; I had to download a 20 Mb file, annotate it in Adobe Reader, reupload it to my own OneDrive, send a link...

Please implement collaboration features on annotating PDFs like it is possible in Word Online!

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to export to HTML

It would be nice when it'd be possible to export all documents to HTML.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Browser Bookmark Sync

Make it possible to sync favories/bookmarks from any browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome so that I can sync my favorites from another browser than IE to my Windows Phone.
    Also give us the possibility to manage/browse the favorites on the OneDrive Page.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base