OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. please do not decrease the storage limit

Do not decrease the storage of 15 GB to 5GB from free users. It will loose costumers. I'm Planning on moving to Google Drive too.And also it would lead many business men, private users to get themselves in trouble. That will definitely make you an huge economical loss.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ordering folders

The default folder order is by "most recents". I do prefer "by name". I have change to my preference EVERY TIME I get into thi application!!! Because is not able to preserve my profile !!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do not change the storage

Storage is the most important for the people in the developing world now. And the storage is the most we care. One of the cloud apps that has a copious storage is One Drive- with many advantages and friendly interface which is very easy to use. I am very excited!
    However, I have received recently a letter about reducing the storage from 15GB to 5GB and it makes me very disapointed. As you know, users don't want a huge and strage change which gives them disadvantages! So I hope you WILL NOT REDUCE CAPACITY OF ONE DRIVE!
    I am looking…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need Performant Web &| Client Utility

Navigation between folders and operations such as moving files and folders on the web site is way too slow. We need it fast or better yet a windows app that allows quick manipulation of OneDrive content.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Возможность выбирать путь для синхронизации

Добавьте возможность выбирать папку для синхронизации фото файлов, видео файлов и т д в разные папки для каждого типа файла.
    http://prntscr.com/apmjln вот типа пример.
    Надеюсь понятна суть моей просьбы.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add pause option for slideshow to stay fullscreen

Simple please add a Pause button to the slide show so I can manually go through my photos 1 by 1 at my own pace in fullscreen

much like you can on window pc and Xbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Times Downloaded

It would be nice to know how many times a file has been downloaded, for example, from the public folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Markdown Rendering

Support for formatted markdown of .md files. At the moment OneDrive.com can perform syntax markup when opening the text file. I would like to see OneDrive render .md files and have split view (editor/viewer) of .md files.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Direct Web Upload

This is the feature of the era and need to make it available immediately because this feature will save entire time of downloading and then uploading. In another words this is SERVER to SERVER UPLOADING through direct link. Hope you understand...

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add One Time Usage Share Links with Password Protection

Add the ability to create links that expire after a certain amount of uses or after a time frame has expired. Also, allow the ability to create special passwords on files or folders. This will assist in sharing more sensitive information in a safer way than email.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have OneDrive online Music folder sync with the system Music Library folder and NOT be a separate folder on my device. Same with Pictures.

It would be great if there were the option to choose to have the OneDrive online Documents, Music, and Pictures folders sync with the device's system Documents, Music, and Pictures Library folders.

I realize not everyone wants these folders to have identical content, but I do.

And. I would also like the option of having OneDrive sync to these system Library folders even if they have been moved off the C drive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Documents folder

Please make the documents folder optional in the settings. It creates itself even after deleting it.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve on onedrive Windows app

The cloud is great opportunity now, onedrive have so much potential in it. But the team need to improve onedrive Windows app performance. I used onedrive for one year long. There is some problem in that app such as is not updating data as soon as possible. Quite different with other app in Windows. Please consider it. Thank you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Versioning

We really need versioning. It's a must. I want to switch totally from Dropbox plan. Maybe an official position about this feature if it's in plan or not and how long we will have to wait.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Photo Sharing needs access to Contacts for easier sharing

Instead of having to type in email addresses from memory and picking them out one by one why not have a link to your Contacts and then checkmark them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Onedrive to rename extensions

Onedrive does NOT really serve as a cloud service if I can't rename file formats!!

If I need to DOWNLOAD a file, then rename it, then UPLOAD the same file, because Onedrive won't let me rename a file extension - it's not really a cloud service... I'd rather use dropbox.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow opening parent folder from within Office Online

Allow users to open the parent folder by right-clicking the parent folder at the top of any Word, PowerPoint, or Excel online file in OneDrive. Currently, there is no right-click option: if you select it, you are redirected from the file you are working on to its parent folder. This is not helpful at all. Allow us to right-click if we choose too: otherwise, I have to be using the Chrome browser, duplicate the tab, and then click on the link to the parent folder and sometimes then I'll see notifications that I'm editing my own file after I leave.…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Detect changes to files based on the file contents (hash) - then we can safely alter encrypted files (Veracrypt) and know they'll sync

Detect changes to files based on the file contents (hash) - then we can safely alter encrypted files (Veracrypt) and know they'll sync

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)