OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Favorites

Need 'Favorites' for easy navigation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MacOS: Thumbnail preview for all media files when "Files on demand" is enabled.

Works on Windows Explorer and OneDrive - why not do this on the OneDrive.app for the Mac? Dropbox has created a "hack" for this by creating their own small Thumbnail preview icons for all media files when "Smart Syncronization" is enabled. OneDrive for Business needs this feature to be competitive. When listing a folder of .JPG .PSD .IND etc. you shouldn't have to download 1GB of files before you can see a thumbnail version of your document.

Create these on the Sharepoint backend and let OneDrive use these small icons as thumbs for quickly identifying files.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. [Request] - Let us use a OneDrive folder as a fonts location for Words online

Let us specify a folder in our OneDrive space and point Office online to it so that we can put our custom font files in that folder and use them in Office online products such as Word.

this is much better alternative compared to using embedded fonts in Word docx files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Keep Personal Vault window open until syncing is complete

Moving a large number of files using File Explorer to the Personal Vault will cause File Explorer to crash and will cause sync problems should the Personal Vault window close before syncing is done.
    Since syncing time is unpredictable I would like to see an option for Personal Vault to remain open until if finishes syncing, however long that takes (since I can't predict it myself or giving an outlandish amount of time to keep the window open)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop giving information to prostitution

I set up the one drive for my doctors to contact me? Instead I get someone saying my name and wanting ***? I never signed up for that ****!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Implement an add-on via Browser that lets you open other applications to sign off documents and then over-save that document back in OneDriv

The add-on would be a drop down list that when opening a document/PDF sitting in OneDrive through the browser, gives you the option to "open with" other programs so one can add a signature, or date the document etc. and then save over the same document without exiting the Browser.

At the moment, one has to save the document back to OneDrive and in Desktop and then re-upload it into Xaas service. This is not very handy, especially say using smartsheet, you attach a document, from OneDrive, then to add a signature there is no direct feature through the browser…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show number of files in a directory under directory details (directory info)

in windows, directory properties shows the number of files in that directory... OneDrive should do the same. see attached.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File Selection in Search

File selection in search in OneDrive is not working correctly. Unlike in normal view if one attempts to select multiple files via CTRL+Left Click it opens the file instead. The workaround is to directly click on the V symbol in the top left corner but this is very uncomfortable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Column Text Layout in Word Online

It the Desktop App, it allows text and other inputs (photos, tables, etc) to be formatted into columns, like in a newspaper. This cannot be done in Word Online, nor do the files transferred into OneDrive already having columns keep them. Please have this feature added into the "Lay Out" tab on Word Online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. pinch in & out on all web browsers

I want to be able to pinch in / out EXCEL ONLINE on all web browsers. Currently only FireFox is possible, but not IE, Edge, or Chrome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive on the Web - View Options Saving

Please provide an option to save default view options. By default the view is to Tiles. I can change it to list or compact list but the next time I login, it doesn't save the previously set view. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start in current folder when moving files

About 75% of my file moves are from one folder to the subfolder(s) below it. Right now I have to click all the way through the file tree from the beginning to get to the proper directory. If the dialogue box started in the current folder that would take many fewer clicks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Quick access menu to the one drive web application.

I am missing the Quick Access menu on my one drive web. It is always a pain to open each directory to reach the one really down the line.

Add Quick access menu similar like the explorer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unlock pro functionalities

One time payment to unlock pro functionalities on free plan like unlimited personal valut files, set expiration on shared link... Or just give them to us for free 😁

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Open PDF files in the browser, not in Word.

Since both Edge and the new Edge based on Chromium offer the option to ink on PDF files, it makes more sense to open a PDF file in the browser, especially when using OneDrive on the web, rather than Word Online.
    Most people use PDF as a format that is not to be edited, so opening it for inked comments makes more sense. Word online cannot edit large format PDFs, PDF Forms, and it does not always preserve the original formatting so it is not the best option anyway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. About usage rules of "Shared libraries" in a tenant with only Office 365 Business subscription.

■件名
    Office 365 Business サブスクリプションのみを持つテナントにおける "共有ライブラリ" の使用規則について

About usage rules of "Shared libraries" in a tenant with only Office 365 Business subscription.

■内容
    現状 SharePoint Online のライセンスを持たないユーザーであっても、OneDrive for Business 画面から共有ライブラリが利用できてしまう。
    ・ライセンス規約上利用を禁止するのであれば、OneDrive for Business 画面から共有ライブラリに関しての表示をなくしてほしい、もしくはアクセスできないようにしてほしい。
    ・上記が不可能な場合、ライセンス規約上利用ができない根拠や経緯を示す公開情報を作成してほしい。

Now users who do not have SharePoint Online license can use the shared library from the OneDrive for Business screen.
    ・ If the use is prohibited under the license agreement, I hope to remove the display about the "Shared libraries" from the OneDrive for Business screen or make it inaccessible.
    ・ If the above is not possible, request to create public information that shows the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use the OneDrive Explorer view in other browsers

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive のエクスプローラー表示を他のブラウザーでも利用したい
    Use the OneDrive Explorer view in other browsers

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のエクスプローラー表示が、Internet Explorer だけでなく、 Google Chrome、 Microsoft Edge、Fire Fox など他のブラウザーでも利用できるようになると利便性が高まると思います。他のブラウザーで利用できる機能の追加を希望します。

I think it would be very useful if the Explorer view in OneDrive for Business could be used not only in Internet Explorer, but also in other browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Please make it possible.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expand Office Online’s time functions to allow it to retrieve Japanese Standard Time

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    時間関数の Office Online における取得可能時間を日本標準時にする機能の拡充
    Expand Office Online’s time functions to allow it to retrieve Japanese Standard Time
    ■Description(内容):
    Excel Online における Now 関数の動作としまして、Excel online サーバーがある米国 (本国) のデータを取得しているため、Excel クライアントとの日付に時差が生じます。 任意の国の時刻に合わせて表示されるような機能の拡充を希望します。
    Using the Now function in Excel Online returns the time for the server (US time), so there is a time difference between that and the local time on the Excel client. I would like to be able to have the function return the time for a specified country’s time zone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. herramientas

Sería bueno agregar herramientas para buscar duplicados de imágenes

1 vote
    Vote