OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make Onedrive More Faster When Uploading Stuff

Make More Faster At Uploading Pics And Stuff Like Videos Cuz It Really Slow when you try to upload 89 pics it took two hours you guys should try to make so its more speedy at uploading things to onedrive Improve the the speed at uploading

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. send as attachment

It would be nice if we can select files on OneDrive and send them as attachment instead of sharing the link..
    1) I want to be sure nothing else is shared.
    2) The file location or folder structure may change, in which case the link is useless.
    3) Don't need the other person to login to view the pictures

Since you can save files from Outlook to onedrive the other way around should not be that difficult

Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the new album(virtual folders) feature is way hidden !

the new album feature is great but it is way hidden in onderive->photos. i would like to see it on the default view or on the main header

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back Photo Information Pane!

When viewing individual photographs on OneDrive.com, the Information Pane (Camera settings, date taken, shared with and comments) is no longer visible!

Instead you have to click an "I" icon to the bottom right and wait for it.... the information is ridiculously superimposed over the photograph!

Totally distracting, with UI elements such as scroll bar (I have a lot of people I share photos with) and an 'Information' button at opposite ends of the screen.

This renders the whole user experience clunky and unusable; basically everything is far too spread out. Why is the photo title/caption relegated to the bottom left…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow files to be transferred between Microsoft accounts

Sometimes a person switches Microsoft accounts or wants to merge two existing Microsoft accounts. This means they need to move their files too. Providing a way to transfer ownership of files and folders from one Microsoft account to another would make the process much easier (meaning they don't have to download then reupload the files but can instead just use the Web site).

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Microsoft Store link to app switcher

In the upper left corner there is an icon with square tiles in it. When you click on it, you get a bunch of tiles for different places you can visit within the Microsoft family (Outlook.com, Office Online, etc...). Can you add the Microsoft Store?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Play QuickTime videos on OneDrive.com

We often use Quicktime files to show videos to people illustrating ideas. I upload and share these files with colleagues, but not supporting them means I have to export two videos of the same format. It would be great if OneDrive just played them as if they were AVIs.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically upload Outlook.com attachments to OneDrive

if I send an email to onedrive@outlook.com or any email ID finalized by Microsoft from my registered onedrive email iD, then attached file in my email automatically gets uploaded to my oneDrive cloud.

Example: Let's say my email ID is xyz@hotmail.com and I am using OnDrive using the same email ID ( i.e xyz@hotmail.com ). Now I send an email from xyz@outlook.com with an attached file to onedrive@outlook.com then this attached file automatically gets uploaded to my OneDrive storage.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto Notifications

I suggest that One Drive include a feature that automatically notifies One Drive users when new documents are uploaded to the site. Thank you for your attention.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Don't go through JavaScript for large requests

Submitting large requests that affect several thousand files on onedrive.com is tedious, long, inefficient, process-intensive, and forces me to keep a tab/window open on onedrive.com while my request is executed. THIS IS NOT HOW CLOUD COMPUTING SHOULD WORK. YOU SHOULD BE LEVERAGING THE PROCESSING POWER OF THE CLOUD, NOT MY CLIENT MACHINE, DON'T YOU GET IT?!

Example: I have 27,000 files in my recycle bin. When I click on "Empty recycle bin", it takes a few minutes while it displays "Preparing to delete files" (selecting 27,000 files to be deleted), then when that's done, I can finally click on "Delete",…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attachment via Onedrive

I'd like to be able to compose an email and attach a document that stored in Onedrive. Not send a Onedrive link, since recipients don't want to log in or even click on a link and then download it. OneDrive for business now has this.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Migration from Google Drive

The ability to migrate all data stored on competing cloud systems (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to OneDrive.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to change date of pictures

I uploaded tons of old pictures to OneDrive, and all of them were uploaded with the wrong dates, messing up my "All Photos" view.

Please, add the ability for me to change the date of those pictures, with the option to change all pictures inside an album.

605 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here.

First of all, if you are running into bugs (like all your photos have the same date) please reach out to support. If you’re on mobile, you can shake your device, if you’re on the web, you can use the settings cog.

As for the ability to change metadata on photos, that’s not something we currently have on the immediate roadmap.

14. allow buyer of 1 tera storage the ability to upload much larger number of files than currently allowed

If you sell 1 tera space, why do you only allow 1000 files (or 10 G, whichever is smaller?) for each uploading????? I have about 80,000 photos in about 400 G to upload. That is why I am paying $10 per month for the 1 tera storage space in OneDrive. But, at the pace you allow me, I have no idea when I will be able to get all my files uploaded. Even if I had all my files in neat 1000-pieces chunks (folders), which of course is not true, I still need to upload 80 times, when I should…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show better progress state during upload in webbrowser

The upload progress of bigger/multiple file using a webbrowser (such as Chrome or Internet Explorer) is not very informative. There is no progress in terms of percentage of megabytes uploaded, nor which file is currently beeing uploaded.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Timezone OneDrive (Web) is incorrect.

The OneDrive (like Outlook) has a serious problem with time. In Outlook I can't set my correct time, he always adds extra hours when choosing my time zone, and the OneDrive too. I just edit a document the 5 pm. And the OneDrive says it was edited the 10 pm!

This is an old problem, you do not intend to solve?

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Copy of Folders AND files

Allow the ability to copy folder(s) AND folder contents from the client to OneDrive. Only allowing individual files limits the usefulness of OneDrive.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Subfolders when using OneDrive.com

When I search, it only searches the current folder. I want search, through the Web interface, to look through subfolders as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. create timelapse videos from folders

Have an option one oneDrive.com to create a timelapse video from a series of photographs in one folder. It would make creation of these an easy feat from any browser!

If all the photos are timestamped, then ordering them into a timelapse video is easy. Using the power of the cloud, it should be quick and easy to do!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix OneDrive.com

OneDrive web page tag options are not working properly - Please FIX

9 votes
    Vote