OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Automatic expiration of sharing links

Let me choose a date for each sharing link on which the link gets revoked automatically.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate per-person sharing links without sending emails

I’d like to be able to generate a sharing link without sending an email from OneDrive.com, which I can revoke later without affecting other recipients.

Perhaps it’d be better if I can choose a descriptive name for each link (rather than using email addresses).

Currently this can only be approximated by creating a permission bundle for each recipient, which gets the “Shared” view cluttered very quickly.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Player for Mp3 in OneDrive.

That would be great if there was player for mp3 files in OneDrive to share with friends my audio, listen online

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An indication on existing links to know if Recipients need to sign in option was used

I have been unable to find any way to determine if the option "Recipients need to sign in with a Microsoft account" was used when sharing some items. I see the items listed when navigating to the OneDrive "Shared > Shared by me" screen. I can check the box in the upper right corner of an item and in the properties pane at the right under Sharing, I can see a persons name listed. I can click on that name and a modal Share dialog appears over the screen. Under the person's name there is a drop down box that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Implement resumable uploads

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we're sick and tired of seeing "Oops. An error occurred" on our screen when we try to upload files. I'm using OneDrive for backup and this has happened numerous times, at one point when my upload status for a given file was at 95%. Implementing resumable uploads will save users time and bandwidth should they come across this problem as constantly as I do.

Google Drive does it, Box does it, why not OneDrive?

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Does anyone know how to get more than 1TB space on onedrive? There are no plans if anyone wants to get more than 1TB space for e.g. 5TB.

Many users like me need more than 1TB online storage for backing up massive data files. It would be good to have options for more than 1TB or atleast an option to contact microsoft for quotes on above 1TB.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In browser upload progress bar

It could be really helpful if the upload progress was being displayed on taskbar.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

Need Professional Editing Tolls, Need Screenshot "Paste" option

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make API for Shared folders a lot better

You are able to Access the shared folders by you and others with "https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared" and access each of the elements by /drive/items/{id}

What I miss:
    - Possibility to upload to folders shared by others that I have write access to.
    - Possiblity to list the permissions for each item (OneDrive.com uses /API/2/GetPermissions)
    - Possibility to Add/delete permissions as well

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We haven’t documented the /shared API because we’re still working on making it work better. We’re working on expanding support for more sharing concepts including those you have listed.

10. Provide an API that allows to update a specific data range in a previously uploaded Excel file

Suppose that an Excel file is stored in OneDrive. A developer might be able to update a specific range of such a file by means of an API whose signature might be something like:

updateRange(fileid, startingcell, data_matrix)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Keep placeholders on the desktop!!!!

Placeholders need to be kept instead of selective sync. The entire purpose of cloud storage is to offload local hard drive space onto the cloud and also to be able to access your files wherever you are. If I have to use the app or go onto a website that defeats the purpose. The convenience of seeing placeholders right from file explorer in the desktop is awesome and saves my hard drive space. Please consider bringing back placeholders in Win10 and in the future.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. sharing settings

Ability to change sharing settings of a folder, instead of modifying each file individually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One drive Slideshow problems - improvements needed

Get rid of semi-transparent info borders in Onedrive Slideshow - it was fine mid-2014 but you have changed it and introduced these silly borders which are not easy to get rid of. In normal viewing you have to move the mouse/cursor down to the bottom of the screen and the borders go BUT when in full screen this does not work - you have to go out of full screen get rid of borders and go back in...user aggressive is what it is now!

Also when looking through photos now, deleting one photo seems to advance the sequence by 3…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 idea's (dutch)

1. alles is zo blauwachtig kunnen jullie een update geven zodat je meer kleuren kunt kiezen 2. je achtergrond is wit kunnen jullie een update geven zodat jezelf een achtergrond kan kiezen 3. dat office online niet automatisch wordt opgeslagen maar dat je dat zelf kan kiezen

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have a list of files shared per person

I would like to see lists of what files I have shared broken down by person. This could be a "View OneDrive as Joe Blogs" option.

Example 1: I store my photo's on OneDrive and share them with six different people. As I continue adding pictures I want to make sure I have remembered to share all the desired files and folders with them.

Example 2: I am working on a creative project with friends and want to share multiple files and folders. I want to check they are working from/referencing the latest version of the file. I want an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have suggestions: 1) my outlook PST file is larger than 30GB. Please allow more than 100GB single file in OneDrive. 2) Folder name errors

I have suggestions:
    1) my outlook PST file is larger than 30GB. Please allow more than 100GB single file in OneDrive.
    2) Folder name errors will stop sync between PC and Cloud sites. Please pass wrong names and sync other files. I also need a tool program to fix folder name errors.
    Thank you.
    Currently, I am a paid user of office 365 and have a 1TB OneDrive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a location to directly access the new "Albums" on the left menu pane below photos.

The Album feature was a great addition. Not sure why you guys chose to hide it un the all photos screen. As users create albums to share and organize, it would be nice to be able easily access them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base