OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add "cut" context menu on onedrive recycle items like on windows recycle bin.

On recycle bin, ability to cut or more items to other folder should be given along with "restore". Also if file can be previewed or opened to see its content, that will be great.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make my photo tags usable for others with whom the folder is shared

Make my photo tags usable by others with whom the folder is shared. No one else sees to be able to search my shared photos by the tags I created.

356 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. access computer files from onedrive mobile app

If on your computer you have the onedrive client running, from the web version of one drive you can access your computer files which is very usefull, but from the mobile version of onedrive you can't do that and it would be REALLY usefull to be able to do that.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a way to merge video files stored on OneDrive using Live SDK / API

For example, user wants to upload newly recorded video (via phone) and merge it with existing one already stored on OneDrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to pass along my digital inheritance to loved ones if I die (or disappear).

I'm an author. Suppose I have all of my digital files for my books stored on OneDrive. This could include images for the book covers, all of my draft copies, publisher info, etc. If I were to die, I'd like my wife to have access to all of that. Now that we are moving to the cloud as a society, there needs to be a way for valuable data to be transferred to survivors.

Here's how I see this working: I could fill out a form (when I activate this feature) that allows me to specify who should be notified…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Script or Query to manage file

Since in Windows 10 we don't have Placeholder, it would be better we can select file using script or query.
    For example, I have 200 files which have same prefix and want to a folder, I can only select it by clicking one by one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the copying of folders on OneDrive.com

For some reason the copying of folders is not an option on the web version of OneDrive. We are able to do it in the file explorer if the files are synced to our computer, so why can't we copy folders on the web version.

I for one do not have all files synced to my computer. Afterall, that's part the point of having OneDrive storage no? Additional storage, and not just a backup service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. modify behavior of dual log-in screen for Onedrive

When I browse to OneDrive.com and click Sign-in, it opens a box asking for my email address and no password. I don't know why this window doesn't ask me for my password as well, because when I hit Next, it takes me to another page where it asks me for my email address again, with the password.

The troublesome part is that the Form item in focus is the E-mail, and not the password. Which means I have to use the mouse pointer and click on the password field to shift the focus, and then enter the password with the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit EXIF information on Onedrive

You can display the EXIF information stored in a picture on OneDrive.com, but you cannot edit them.

It would be great to select some pictures and correct e.g. the exposure date or the GPS coodinates of the selected pictures at once.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a Datastore API like Dropbox does

Dropbox provides a datastore API which allows anyone to use their free storage as a database. This is great for app developers as it means we can let a user sync data between two devices with the same user account without worrying about the size limits which roaming data imposes

OneDrive should provide this same service. A simple datastore API which automatically handles locking and conflict resolution. A C# ORM could allow linq queries to be performed on the data, making integration very simple.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Print to OneDrive

I suggest a widely supported "Print to OneDrive" feature. The idea goes that you're on a webpage, you want a PDF of it (such as in the case of a receipt or transaction). You would use the new "Print to OneDrive" feature, which would create a PDF of the page, and save to a pre-specified location on your OneDrive space.

It would personally save me loads of time, and take some unnecessary steps out of the way.

273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a Shutdown when upload/download in Ondrive completes.

Create a Shutdown when upload/download in Ondrive completes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make an offline-only option on onedrive.

Make an offline-only option on onedrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow sorting of onedrive photo albums

Allow the new OneDrive photo albums to sorted alphabetically and the sort order fixed

951 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here: we are planning improvements for our photos experience; but don’t have a timetable to share just yet about this particular ask.

16. Being able to create an album from tags

When creating a new album include an option to create based on tags

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

Thanks for the request. Have you tried navigating to the tag and then creating an album from there?

17. Give All The Free Users 2TB Storage

Microsoft if you guys are making onedrive so we can upload music you guys are gonna have to give all the free users more storage cuz theres noway anybody is gonna be able to upload a bunch of music to onedrive microsoft the more you give the more you guys get recognized as a better service

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Onedrive More Faster When Uploading Stuff

Make More Faster At Uploading Pics And Stuff Like Videos Cuz It Really Slow when you try to upload 89 pics it took two hours you guys should try to make so its more speedy at uploading things to onedrive Improve the the speed at uploading

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. send as attachment

It would be nice if we can select files on OneDrive and send them as attachment instead of sharing the link..
    1) I want to be sure nothing else is shared.
    2) The file location or folder structure may change, in which case the link is useless.
    3) Don't need the other person to login to view the pictures

Since you can save files from Outlook to onedrive the other way around should not be that difficult

Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the new album(virtual folders) feature is way hidden !

the new album feature is great but it is way hidden in onderive->photos. i would like to see it on the default view or on the main header

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base