OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow retention of version history even after old versions are purged

I recognise that there are storage limitations meaning old versions cannot be retained forever. [Though I would like to be able to extend/control this - separate idea].

However, even after the older versions of a file are purged from the system, I would like to be able to retain all the metadata about old versions, so I can see when files were first edited and when/who did subsequent edits. This change log can be valuable to understand when specific things happened, and storage costs should be minimal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We hope a feature can be added to OneDrive sync client to have proxy settings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアント自体ににプロキシが設定できる機能の追加を希望
    We hope a feature can be added to OneDrive sync client to have proxy settings

■Description(内容):
    プロキシを設定している環境では、OneDrive 同期クライアントにて同期をするとエラーになる。
    他社クラウド製品で同期を実施するためのクライアントには、アプリ独自でプロキシを設定できる機能があるため、事象を回避できる。
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにもプロキシを独自で設定できる機能の追加を要望します。
    In environments that use proxy settings, an error will occur when syncing using OneDrive sync client.
    Since the client for syncing with other companies' cloud products has features to make proxy settings for the app itself, the problem can be avoided.
    Thus we hope a feature can be added to OneDrive sync client as well to make proxy settings by itself.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please make the Slide Over feature able to drag and drop files from OneDrive app to other apps

■Title(件名):
    Slide Over 機能にて OneDrive アプリからファイルを別のアプリにドラッグ アンド ドロップで移動できるようにして欲しい
    Please make the Slide Over feature able to drag and drop files from OneDrive app to other apps

■Description(内容):
    iOS の Slide Over 機能を利用中に OneDrive アプリからファイルを別の画面で開いているアプリにドラッグ アンド ドロップで移動できない。
    機能の実装により、手軽にファイルの編集や保存などができるようになり利便性が上がるので、機能の拡充を希望します。
    The iOS Slide Over feature can be used to drag and drop files from OneDrive app to other apps that are open on other screens.
    By implementing the feature, users will be able to easily edit and save files, which will increase convenience, so we hope that this feature can be provided.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make the sync client backup feature able to sync each system folder separately for each PC

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントのバックアップ機能で、各システム フォルダーを各 PC ごとでフォルダーを分けて同期できるようにしたい
    Please make the sync client backup feature able to sync each system folder separately for each PC

■Description(内容):
    複数の PC で 1 つの OneDrive for Business のアカウントを同期し、同期クライアントのバックアップ機能を利用すると、対象のシステムフォルダーが統合される。
    各 PC ごとのシステム フォルダーが、統合されずにそれぞれ OneDrive for Business にアップロードされるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。​
    If multiple PCs are synced with a single OneDrive for Business account and the sync client backup feature is used, the target system folder will be merged.
    We hope this feature can be improved to upload the system folders for every PC onto OneDrive for Business without merging them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please improve on the behavior where fields disappear when external sharing setting is set to Off in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の外部共有設定をオフにすると項目自体消えてしまう動作を改善してほしい。
    Please improve on the behavior where fields disappear when external sharing settings are set to Off in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 管理センター>[アクティブなユーザー] > ユーザー選択後、[OneDrive] > [外部共有を管理する] から外部共有をオフにすると、同じ画面から外部共有の設定が消えてしまうため、再設定できない。

再設定できるように項目を消さないように改善希望。

If external sharing is turned Off from Microsoft Admin Center> [Active Users]> Selecting a user > [OneDrive]> [Manage External Sharing], reconfiguration will not be possible as the external sharing settings will disappear from the same screen.

Please improve on the behavior so that the fields will not disappear to make reconfiguration possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow option for copying file names only (not the contents) from the folders

It will help if there exists an option to select all file names in a folder and copy only the names to an excel file.

Why I think it will help?

Its similar to whats expained here - https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/How-to-Copy-file-Names-within-a-Folder-Create-a-table-of/td-p/253141
    But has to be on the One Drive web page instead of the hard drive

I have an auto backup on one drive from my Android phone. There are numerous pics and mp4 in past years. Unfortunately I realised that not all files are backed up automatically. I cannot tell if its a problem on Android phone or the Onedrive interface. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add and edit date taken field

sometimes the original name of an image shows when a picture was taken, but that metadata was not captured by the camera app used at the time, so it would be nice to add the date taken field and manually enter that info.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Duplicate (copy in same folder) files

Sometimes I need to create a new document based on another document that I've already written. I can currently choose "Copy in" and select the same folder, but it would be useful to have a Duplicate option in the context menu which should show a popup asking for the new name (default should be "Copy of <document name>"). This option should also be available if multiple files and folders are selected, in order to duplicate all of them (in this case no popup asking for name is displayed).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We hope for additional features when OneDrive sync client backup feature stops

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントのバックアップ機能を停止した際の動作について機能の追加を希望
    We hope for additional features when OneDrive sync client backup feature stops

■Description(内容):
    バックアップ機能を停止した際に、ローカル PC 上からデータが消え、OneDrive for Business 上にデータが残る動作を確認している。
    ローカル PC のデータをそのままにしたい場合には、OneDrive for Business 上より手動でローカル PC 側に移す必要があり手間がかかる。
    バックアップ機能を停止した場合、OneDrive for Business 上およびローカル PC 上の双方にデータが残る機能を追加して欲しい。

When the backup feature is stopped, data will be cleared from the local PC, and will be saved on OneDrive for Business.
    If users want to leave data on their local PC, they need to manually move the data from OneDrive for Business onto the local PC which is troublesome.
    We hope that a feature can be added to leave data…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make the explanation text easier to understand when OneDrive sync client backup feature stops

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントのバックアップ機能を停止した際の説明文をわかりやすくして欲しい
    Please make the explanation text easier to understand when OneDrive sync client backup feature stops

■Description(内容):
    バックアップ機能を停止した際に、ローカル PC 上からデータが消え、OneDrive for Business 上にデータが残る動作を確認している。

しかしながら、バックアップ機能の停止時に、明確にローカル PC 上からデータが消え、OneDrive for Business 上にデータが残る旨の記載がなく混乱を招く原因となります。

そのため、バックアップ機能の停止時には ”ローカル PC 上からデータが消え” ”OneDrive for Business 上にデータが残る” 動作になることを明確に記載して欲しい。

When the backup feature is stopped, data will be cleared from the local PC, and will be saved on OneDrive for Business.

However, when the backup feature is stopped, there is no clear description that says data has been cleared and saved on OneDrive for Business, which makes things confusing.

Thus, we hope that clear explanations can…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve Remote Access feature

I would like to make the following suggestions to make the feature more useful and user-friendly.
    1. Add an ability to download not only individual files but also complete folders.
    2. Make it possible to select multiple files and then download them as a zip or upload them to OneDrive.
    3. Add an ability to access hidden files in Windows. This can be helpful, for instance, in getting MS Office custom dictionaries and Auto correct settings which are stored in the hidden AppData folder on C-Drive.
    4. Make the user interface similar to that of other parts of OneDrive. The…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't Use OneNote Web Clipper

There are currently more than 180,000 items stored in OneDrive. If you try to save a web page using OneNote Web Clipper, it becomes an error and is not available. I thought the threshold was an error, but outlook's OneNote plug-in is now available without any problems, so I think it's possible to use onenote web clipper as well, so I want it fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a Dropdown of all MS account in MS products.

for example in onedrive web or from any devise to be able transfer from one ms account to another. all my ms account are under same name and profile.
    i do not know why ms can not recognize this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change locale for documents without needing to change account regional settings

I live in Romania. And my account is registered with the Regional settings set to Romania, as it should.

If I open a OneDrive web excel page, I see that I can change the language, but I cannot change the locale -- if I work with documents in English, then I would need the fractional part to be divided by "." (dot) rather than by "," (comma).

As of now, I cannot change the currency format without changing the whole Regional settings.

I want to be able to write 3500 USD as "$3,500.00" rather than as "$3.500,00"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize storage size to share space allocations

I had 25GB of files in my account. However, one day I found out that I had 15GB with my 25GB of files still in there. I realize that to save space, OneDrive took GBs away. However, people should be able to choose the storage size, so that those who don't want their storage can forfeit it, so those who want more can get their allocation for free.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Group Vault

Allow for files to be shared, but only in a group with specific people. Then files could have the same safety features as a Personal Vault by being locked to anyone viewing my account (if they hack it), but still visible to those who have permission to them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Explorer type thumbnails / file list in display settings options

It might look pretty but I find the photo layout frustrating. It is slow to negotiate the large tiles showing only a few photos. A triumph of form over function. Can we not have the option of a simple block of small thumbnails or a basic file list covering large numbers of photo files like in Explorer? It is much quicker to scan thru them to find a particular photo as my eye can pick out an image from a page of 72 tiles quicker than scrolling through 4 or 5 pages of 16 or 20. It is also far…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Arrastar e Soltar: Onedrive Online para Desktop

Gostaria de dar uma sugestão para o Onedrive Online (o do navegador). Assim como é possível arrastar algum arquivo da área de trabalho para Onedrive Online e o upload começa automaticamente, poderia ser também o inverso, arrastando um arquivo do Onedrive Online para a área de trabalho do desktop o download começaria automaticamente, eu trabalharia no arquivo, arrastava novamente para o Onedrive Online e quando carregasse eu apagaria o arquivo do meu desktop. Seria bem dinâmico o meu trabalho, já que meu HD é o SSD, porém pequeno (240GB).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Convert OneDrive business to OneDrive personal or Export OneDrive business contents to OneDrive personal without Downloading to PC

Allow students with OneDrive business accounts through their school to convert to OneDrive personal accounts. If this is not possible, allow contents of OneDrive business accounts to be moved to a OneDrive personal account without downloading to a computer as school files can expand past the capacity of PC memory easily.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base