OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Cache files get sent to recycle bin automatically

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    キャッシュ ファイルが自動でごみ箱に入る動作について
    Cache files get sent to recycle bin automatically

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business利用の際に、ごみ箱に "SharePointHomeCacheList" 上のキャッシュ ファイルが定期的に自動で入る動作を確認いたしました。
    また、このファイルは "削除者" が "システム アカウント" に設定されており、ユーザーが削除操作を行っていないファイルがごみ箱上で見えることで混乱を招く動作となっているため、キャッシュ ファイルはごみ箱上で表示しないよう、機能の変更をお願いいたします。
    When using OneDrive for Business, we found that the cache files in "SharePointHomeCacheList" are periodically sent to the recycle bin automatically.
    The "Deleted By" item in the cache files are set to "System Account", which is confusing because files that have not been deleted by the user are visible in the Recycle Bin. Please change this feature so that cache files do not appear in the recycle bin.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide the feature to delete cache files automatically when using WebDAV setting.

■Title(件名):
    WebDav 設定し利用している際のキャッシュ ファイルについて
    Provide the feature to delete cache files automatically when using WebDAV setting.

■Description(内容):
    ネットワークドライブ設定(WebDav)で利用時に作成される
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\TfsStore\TfsDAV フォルダー内のキャッシュ ファイルを自動削除されるようにしてほしい
    When using the setting of network drive mapping(WebDAV), cache files are generated in the folder "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\TfsStore\Tfs
    DAV". In order to save storage, I hope you to provide the feature to delete cache files automatically in that folder.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Nintendo ROMS .nds support

OneDrive should support files by ending .nds

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Correctly show file name when uploading same file twice (after renaming the first)

Correct file names is only updated after a refresh of the browser.
    If the user is in the same session they could get confused.

Test method:
    In OneDrive on the web we upload a file.
    Rename the file in OneDrive on the web
    Upload the same file again with original name.
    In Onedrive on the Web both have the changed name, confusing for user!

In the OneDrive folder on the computer we can see the correct file names.
    So this is a problem with how OneDrive on the Web present file names in the same session.
    Because after a refresh…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove the 2 GB limit for sharing files through one drive, without (!) the need for my contacts to login into a MS account.

Please remove the 2 GIG limit in OneDrive for sharing with ("unknown") contacts! My contacts have to log in now:( . This is very annoying and unfriendly to my contacts. This makes the tool unusable for my business.

Also, put better documentation on the fact that there is a difference in this: small files and/or folders can be shared "without contacts to be logged in" and bigger files and/or folders forces contacts to log in into MS account.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. YOUR ABUSE REPORTING FORM IS NON-FUNCTIONAL. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REPORT CHILD *********** ON ONEDRIVE. It gives error msgs when click submit

YOUR ABUSE REPORTING FORM IS NON-FUNCTIONAL. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REPORT CHILD *********** ON ONEDRIVE. It gives error msgs "Please enter the text in email format eg:abc@xyz.com" NO MATTER WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS I PUT IN THE FIELD and "Please enter the text in URL format Eg:http//abc.com" when I enter in "https://jxjjxy-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/rezsep5w1todmailcn/Ee7Rul6BpI1AjVW7UE9zMhEB5arUEI4OA4a5DzckKqamA?e=4%3acUq6sc&at=9"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Correcting issues with File Explorer would in a large part correct the issues with OneDrive.

A lot of the issues I see, pertaining to OneDrive, pertaining to "Tree" & "File/Folder" searches and syncing, actually seem to be more related to File Explorer. I believe the OneDrive Live Office version which has the "Tree" is basically a copy of the File Explorer format. Now when dealing with notifications of "Sync" issues, it sure would be nice to have some viable options to actually correct the issue or issues, I mean like click on options in the system tray. Now it does say click for more information to correct the sync issues, but when you click on…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow copy/paste of images from Onedrive to a Blog

I'd like to be able to copy my photographs to illustrate a blog. The embed option is cumbersome when a large number of photographs are involved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make uploads "restartable"

Upload managers that allow for "restartability" have been around for years. When uploading large files to OneDrive, if something happens to the connection you have to start over from scratch. That is ridiculous in this day and age.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2. Allow users to print (or copy) the upload speed profile for the device

Upload speeds are a problem. When you speak with the ISP they tell you that the upload speeds are just fine and using their tool, they seem to be. Using a real world tool, it is a different story. OneDrive speeds for each device should be available to print or copy so that they can be shared with the ISP as proof that a problem exists and so that it can be determined if bandwidth throttling is being used behind the scenes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display average upload speed for each file on the "show progress" panel.

The "show progress" panel tells you how many files are being uploaded but really gives you very little information when you are dealing with large files. An average upload speed for the device and for each file should be displayed on the "show progress" panel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add a feature to choose version histories for bulk deletion

■Title(件名):
    バージョン履歴を選択して一括削除する機能を追加してほしい。
    Please add a feature to choose version histories for bulk deletion

■Description(内容):
    現在バージョン履歴を削除する場合、すべてを削除するか、バージョンごとに1つずつ削除する方法しかないが、選択して一括で削除する機能を追加してほしい。
    Currently there are only 2 ways of deleting version history, which is to delete everything, or to delete versions individually one by one, thus we hope that users can choose the versions and then bulk delete those choices all at once.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add version management setting items to the new "OneDrive settings" screen

■Title(件名):
    新しい [OneDrive の設定] 画面にバージョン管理の設定項目を追加してほしい。
    Please add version management setting items to the new "OneDrive settings" screen

■Description(内容):
    現在、バージョン管理の設定を行うには、古い OneDrive の設定画面にアクセスする必要があるため、新しい OneDrive の設定画面にバージョン管理の設定項目を追加してほしい。
    Currently in order to make version management settings users need to access the old OneDrive settings screen, so we hope that version management setting items can be added to the new OneDrive settings screen.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Size on the Largest files on your OneDrive screen

It is stupid to not display the size of the suggested files in memory when asked to free up some space on the "largest files in your OneDrive". It is the most relevant parameter. If it available then is should be displayed by default. The goal is to provide users with a good experience not a game of hide and seek.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support MPEG-2 AVCHD Videos / .m2t format on all platforms, ios/android/web/mac...

Many videocameras from the past years recorded in this format. Now putting that to the cloud serves to have a backup but files are not playable thus not sharable on Microsot OneDrive though they can be nicely played on Windows with Microsoft Media Player!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. do not share

This is a personal pC not a office,student,corporation. I do not want to share, and end up with hackers for two years +. I do not know what to do, but I feel I am being forced into something I do not want to do. I feel I should have control of my own pc. Also do not want third parties. I I am 75 yrs old, and much of this is to confusing, I just want to be left alone without constant orders of what do, and half the time - I do not get it. Now are you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. deleting stuff in onedrive also deletes whats in that folder etc

that deleting things from onedrive also deletes the items from that folder in your files onedrive is to backup that folder , not the folder deleting onedri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base