OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Open PDF files in the browser, not in Word.

Since both Edge and the new Edge based on Chromium offer the option to ink on PDF files, it makes more sense to open a PDF file in the browser, especially when using OneDrive on the web, rather than Word Online.
    Most people use PDF as a format that is not to be edited, so opening it for inked comments makes more sense. Word online cannot edit large format PDFs, PDF Forms, and it does not always preserve the original formatting so it is not the best option anyway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. About usage rules of "Shared libraries" in a tenant with only Office 365 Business subscription.

■件名
    Office 365 Business サブスクリプションのみを持つテナントにおける "共有ライブラリ" の使用規則について

About usage rules of "Shared libraries" in a tenant with only Office 365 Business subscription.

■内容
    現状 SharePoint Online のライセンスを持たないユーザーであっても、OneDrive for Business 画面から共有ライブラリが利用できてしまう。
    ・ライセンス規約上利用を禁止するのであれば、OneDrive for Business 画面から共有ライブラリに関しての表示をなくしてほしい、もしくはアクセスできないようにしてほしい。
    ・上記が不可能な場合、ライセンス規約上利用ができない根拠や経緯を示す公開情報を作成してほしい。

Now users who do not have SharePoint Online license can use the shared library from the OneDrive for Business screen.
    ・ If the use is prohibited under the license agreement, I hope to remove the display about the "Shared libraries" from the OneDrive for Business screen or make it inaccessible.
    ・ If the above is not possible, request to create public information that shows the…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use the OneDrive Explorer view in other browsers

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive のエクスプローラー表示を他のブラウザーでも利用したい
    Use the OneDrive Explorer view in other browsers

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のエクスプローラー表示が、Internet Explorer だけでなく、 Google Chrome、 Microsoft Edge、Fire Fox など他のブラウザーでも利用できるようになると利便性が高まると思います。他のブラウザーで利用できる機能の追加を希望します。

I think it would be very useful if the Explorer view in OneDrive for Business could be used not only in Internet Explorer, but also in other browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Please make it possible.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expand Office Online’s time functions to allow it to retrieve Japanese Standard Time

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    時間関数の Office Online における取得可能時間を日本標準時にする機能の拡充
    Expand Office Online’s time functions to allow it to retrieve Japanese Standard Time
    ■Description(内容):
    Excel Online における Now 関数の動作としまして、Excel online サーバーがある米国 (本国) のデータを取得しているため、Excel クライアントとの日付に時差が生じます。 任意の国の時刻に合わせて表示されるような機能の拡充を希望します。
    Using the Now function in Excel Online returns the time for the server (US time), so there is a time difference between that and the local time on the Excel client. I would like to be able to have the function return the time for a specified country’s time zone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. herramientas

Sería bueno agregar herramientas para buscar duplicados de imágenes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Toggle switch for intellisense in online text editor

I use the text editor to write plain text files. The new intellisense feature is very distracting when trying to compose and I would love a way to turn it off.

Intellisense for those who don't know is the auto-suggest list that drops down when you're typing a word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a user DELETE a files in OneDrive, we should have the functionality to RESTRE that file to another location and not only to from where

When a user DELETE a files in OneDrive, we should have the functionality to RESTRE that file to another location and not only to from where it was DELETED so that the user does not know that we are monitoring his or her OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Vault should recognize activity in open files or alert if about to Timeout.

I often work in Excel or Word files for extended periods of time which I've opened from Personal Vault, but it doesn't recognize that activity and locks the Vault after 20 minutes. I've lost significant work since the Save function is suspended after that, requiring me to download the file locally, then re-uploading and replacing the original file, then going back and deleting the local copy. Big hassle and compromises security since the once secure file now resides in an unsecured local directory.

An alternative but better than it is now, would be to provide an alert or popup in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why cant we have folder upload faciliy than picking one by one?

Especially when it comes to camera role in mobile, have a feature like in dropbox camera auto upload (manual also) same as a folder upload for desktop , so that it auto sync on each time you click or auto

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive 同期クライアントに実装された KFM (Known Folder Move) 機能について (About the KFM (Known Folder Move) function implemented in the OneDrive sync client)

OneDrive 同期クライアントに実装された KFM (Known Folder Move) 機能にてデスクトップ、ドキュメント、画像のバックアップを設定した際に、各名称のフォルダーが OneDrive 上に自動生成されるが、同一アカウントで他の端末のバックアップを設定すると、新たなフォルダーが作成されず、最初に作成されたフォルダーに統合されてしまう。

フォルダーの名称を変更しても同様の動作となるため、端末毎にフォルダーを分ける機能や任意のフォルダーを作成、選択できる機能を追加して欲しい。

When a desktop, document, or image backup is set with the KFM (Known Folder Move) function implemented in the OneDrive sync client, a folder with each name is automatically created on OneDrive. When backup is set, a new folder is not created, and it is merged with the first created folder.

Even if the folder name is changed, the operation will be the same, so add a function to separate folders for each terminal and a function to create and select arbitrary folders.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive for Business 容量 拡張

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の ストレージ拡張について

About OneDrive for Business storage expansion
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business Plan 1 の場合や取得ライセンス数が 5 未満の場合でも、追加オプションとしてストレージを購入できるようにしてほしい。

If you have OneDrive for Business Plan 1 or have fewer than 5 licenses, you should be able to purchase storage as an additional option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have troubleshoots for syncing onedrive on two different computers

my iMac and Windows 10 pc are not syncing onedrive documents

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive データ移動 進行状況

■Title(件名): OneDrive for Business 内のデータ移行について

About migrating data in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business から別の場所へデータを移行する際に、エラーが起きていないか、読み込み中であるのかなどの進行状況を確認する機能を追加してほしい。

When migrating data from OneDrive for Business to another location, please add a function to check the progress status such as whether an error has occurred or whether it is loading.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. mayor y mejor configuracion en one drive tanto personal como n linea y su sincronizacion o desencronizacion ?¿

mayor y mejor configuracion en one drive tanto personal como n linea y su sincronizacion o desencronizacion

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to be able to access the OneDrive Personal Vault when offline

Even if my internet is down I may need to get into my Personal Vault. If the PC dies I need to have the personal vault portable so I can access the files from another device. I don't believe it's possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add word count to text editor

The text editor is awesome. Please make it awesomer by adding word count! Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable FIDO2 security key login on onedrive.live.com

If you try to login on onedrive.live.com: https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/ - the option 'Sign in with a security key' is missing. It appears to be a cut down version of the usual Microsoft sign in form: https://login.live.com/login.srf , which is weird.

The security key logon option appears on login.live.com, along with 'sign in options'. It also appears if you login through outlook.com > sign in.

This is a problem because it makes logging directly into OneDrive inconvenient. You have to login through the second link, then navigate to OneDrive again.

This seems like a bug. The sign in page should be uniform…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the bug that changes transparent png background to black

When uploading png files that have a transparent background, OneDrive changes the background to black. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base