OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please modify Onedrive that can be sort by upload date and time

I found the new/old sort is not base on upload time/date. It look like sorting by file modified time based on windows system. I wish onedrive can sort all files based on uploaded time/date. So I can see my file is uploaded fine or not. And it is easy to find recently upload file from the sorted list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 2 or 3 weeks ago, I used my Gmail Account instead of my cell#, so how do I

This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 365, I only had an HP Desktop and I used my Gmail Address/Account instead of my Cell#. Now when I sign in to OneDrive, I see the gmail account. All of my other Microsoft accounts have my cell#. Where do I go to change the user name from gmail to cell# so every account is linked?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide option to restore OneDrive backdated to more than a month.

affected files that are older than 30 days cannot be restored, please provide option to restore data backdated to more than a month to help avoid losing precious data.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to utilize storage from 6 TB

Provide a way to utilize 6 TB space to admin account which you get with Family plan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. exclude folders from photo

i want to be able to exclude some folders from the photo scan... So the folders will not become availible in the photo list but are still on onedrive.

You somethimes place application folders on you onedrive and that can contain imagages. All the imange also because availible as a photo. I dont what that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Copy folders, raise download speed from web. Skip zip.

Can't even copy a folder to the phone even though I pay for the service !! In addition, I can only download data from the website in a maximum of 10mbit when I can not use the app, usually even lower speed even though I have 250mbit download speed on my internet connection. Because the website also clumps together several gigabytes in a zip file, the file often becomes corrupt once it has been downloaded after several hours ... Extremely bad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase the Onedrive for Business storage without purchasing 5 Onedrive Plan 2 license

As of the moment, Onedrive for Business can be increased by purchasing 5 Onedrive Plan 2 licenses. As a solo user, I need to have a capability of increasing the Onedrive for Business storage without purchasing 5 licenses as I don't have another user that I assign the license. If you could just create or update the product services that you have for a solo user in Office 365.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A command to delete duplicate files

I'm not sure I was allowed to describe the idea in that one line but the idea is to have a command to delete duplicates I was suggesting that it could be in stages such as delete all but one duplicate and then delete all duplicates this would really help us because we load OneDrive from all sorts of devices and all sorts of reasons and being afraid to lose the file we often duplicate now we have way too many duplicates and it's hard to navigate

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring new extensions to Edge & Chrome that asks to add files directly to OneDrive on clicking Download button

When I want to add something to OneDrive account by downloading something from the web, I have to first download it, then open OneDrive on the web, search for the address of the file in computer then upload it, which is very time consuming process, any buttons that works on any site which directly sends the file to OneDrive will save a lot of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add time stamp and viewer ID to Reports taken from Run Share Report option in One drive

Time stamp and viewer ID is not included in the report extracted from "Run Share Report" option under OneDrive settings. It is much convenient if these 2 columns are added to the report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop converting CSV files to xlsx and opening online - sometimes I need a csv to be a csv..........

Stop converting CSV files to xlsx and opening online - sometimes I need a csv to be a csv..........

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the "i" in the "circle" aka the "Info icon" doesn't look like an "i", it looks like a "| "pipe"" icon/character. More gap needed for dot.

As I mentioned, the lowercase "i" is INDISTINCT from the "|" "pipe" character. There NEEDS to be a larger gap betweeen the "dot" of the "i" and the "line" that is the main component of the "i" letter.

It is a FAIL to indicate that the "Info" icon actually IS an "i" signifying "info".

FIX. PLS? THX!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. shared

Please add the third type of link for the shared files that could include all kinds of options apart from editing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. “Download manager”

Especially in business scenarios, when selecting multiple files or a complete folder, it often happens that the size/number of the files is too great for a zip download solution.
    The zip file size is not known, and too many times the download will time out or the file is corrupt.
    It would be great if it would be possible to use a download manager (or integrate/support and existing one) so that it functions like the Sync feature does (created the folder structure and downloads the content file by file, and allows for Pause/resume.
    I think this feature would give OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bypass preview mode when viewing files in OneDrive Shared Libraries

When a user is accessing a team site via "Shared Libraries" in OneDrive, the file opens in preview mode instead of going straight to Excel Online and we would like a way to bypass the preview mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Manage photos using location data

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    写真の位置情報による管理について
    Manage photos using location data

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上に保存されている写真の位置情報にて、検索やソート等の管理する機能の実装を希望します。

Please add a way to search, sort etc. photographs on OneDrive for Business using their location data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Scrolling that doesn't jump all over.

Breakthrough idea: scrolling that works. aka. scrolling that doesn't jump all over. Scrolling on OneDrive web is enough to make a person throw a monitor out the window. I scroll up, wait for the pictures to load and it jumps back to where I was. I scroll up again, wait for the pictures to load, it jumps back to where I was. I scroll up again, wait for the pictures to load, it jumps back to where I was. I scroll up again, wait for the pictures to load, it jumps back to where I was. I scroll up again,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Let me suppress the date on folders and files

I use OneDrive to organize my photos. I have 30,000 photos that I organize into a three-level folder structure. At the top level I organize by a range of years, e.g., "01 Family 1978-1988". My folders begin with 01, 02, etc., so I can sort them in my desired order. Within those folders are individual years, e.g., "1978", "1979", etc. The third level are event folders, e.g., "08-29 Wedding Day".

Because OneDrive has no option to suppress dates, the creation date for each folder is displayed beneath the folder name. Let's take this example:

• "01 Family 1978-1989" has "Oct 28,…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories