OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make it easier to understand that you are in browse mode when multiple people edit an Excel file shared on OneDrive using Office 2016 Office

When the item shared on OneDrive was opened in the client application, [○○ is editing. Do you want to open in read mode?] may or may not appear. If another user is editing, [○○ is editing. Please unify so that an easy-to-understand screen such as "Open in browse mode" appears.

OneDrive にて共有をしたアイテムをクライアントアプリで開いた際に、[○○ さんが編集中です。閲覧モードで開きますか] の画面が出る場合と、出ない場合がある。他のユーザーが編集している場合は、[○○ さんが編集中です。閲覧モードで開きますか] のようなわかりやすい画面が出るように統一してほしい。

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, allow to create links to documents, archives and folders without appearing the name of the company in it

Please, allow to create links to documents, archives and folders without appearing the name of the company in the middle of the link. Sometimes, it is needed to share sensible information that will be passed along and it is very inconvenient that the name of the company appears in the middle of the link. Nowadays, I always have to upload files to Dropbox to share them using a more discrete URL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Return "On This Day" to the photos page

It appears "On This Day" has been removed from the photos page. Please restore it, or provide instruction on how to search photos for a date using wildcards.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track the number of views by external users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーからのアクセスも閲覧回数にカウントしてほしい。
    Track the number of views by external users

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のファイルにマウスを当てた時に表示される閲覧回数に外部ユーザーからのアクセスも含めてほしい。
    現在の動作は、Microsoft 管理センターのゲストユーザーに登録されている外部ユーザーからのアクセスのみカウントされるが、検証コードを利用する外部ユーザーからのアクセスもカウントするようにしてほしい。

Please include the number of views by external users in the information about view numbers displayed when mousing over files on OneDrive for Business.
    Under the current behavior, the number of accesses by external users who are registered as guest users in the Microsoft admin center are counted, but we want to be able to count accesses by external users who are making use of verification codes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. a method for completely purging all and starting from scratch on the cloud server side is needed.

My personal OneDrive account is corrupted server side and nothing can be done to get it back. I was forced to abandon it and make a new account to get it working again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Free unlimited storage

Google offers free unlimited storage for photos at reduced size but with great quality. Why OneDrive doesn't have this feature? I think it's very important. Also Google Drive offers more free storage 15GB instead of OneDrive's 5GB. Why we should use OneDrive when simply Google gives us better options? I would strongly suggest you to increase free storage limit and adding the option of unlimited photos at reduced size if you want people to start using OneDrive. At this moment, I will stick with Google Drive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to view all the text in certain metadata fields onscreen

I use the "title" and/or "subject" fields as captions for photos. Only a portion of the text in those fields is visible on my computer monitor. It is possible to scroll and read all of the text, but I would like to share the photos with people who are not as computer savvy. It would be very helpful for them if the entire text was visible on screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make drag and drop easier!

What's the secret to drag and dropping files and folders? It almost never works so have to 'tick' the item, then click on 'Move to' .... etc. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Only occasionally it works with what appears to be no rhyme not reason!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable opening password protected files on onedrive, onedrive may ask for file password before opening.

Enable opening password protected files on onedrive, onedrive may ask for file password before opening.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Storage Problem - Allotted vs. Available

I have a Office365 account... and with the account I get a 1TB storage. Currently it shows that I have used 1% of my storage.

Yet, when I was trying to upload a ~800MB file yesterday (tried doing that thrice), it kept saying that I do not have sufficient storage left.

Kindly help me resolve the issue. I have written to Microsoft too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Load photos faster

When browsing photos, I have to wait a few seconds between the photo is sharp. It is slower than any other cloud photo storage service and at least 3 times slower than Google Photos. When I stop browsing, it will preload a few following photos, that will render quickly. But if I continue, I have to wait a few seconds with each photo again. It's annoying. Please, make browsing photos smoother including the transition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Explorer Files - Files Explorer

I would like when we download content via the site...a file explorer window asks me to rename the downloaded folder downloadable ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is easy to save customer s precious photos

While talking the photos option is found to store OneDrive directly. Second option duplicate copy also found in mobile with suitable arwa

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. “Show in Explorer” function

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [エクスプローラーで表示] 機能について
    “Show in Explorer” function

■Description(内容):
    Internet Explorer ブラウザーでライブラリを開いた際に、 [エクスプローラーで表示] 機能を利用し、ライブラリ内のアイテムをローカル端末上でも確認することが可能です。
    しかしながら、他のブラウザーでは、この機能は利用できません。 Internet Explorer で開いた際も、[エクスプローラーで表示] を表示させないように制御できる機能の追加を希望します。

When opening a library in Internet Explorer, you can use the “Show in Explorer” function and see the item on your local machine.
    However, in other browsers this is not possible. We would also like the ability to prevent the “Show in Explorer” option from appearing in Internet Explorer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Storage Sharing between Products.

It would be very nice if Outlook could share storage with OneDrive. Let's say if you have 1TB of storage with Microsoft 365 Personal this storage be used for storing emails as well. Currently you would have 1TB of OneDrive storage and 50GB of Outlook storage. If sharing you would have a total of 1 TB + 50GB of storage available for use across all products.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I bought additional space on this one desktop after one year. Now only I have all the space. My husband should not have to buy more! What??

I bought more space that you get money for monthly. Fine. 1T, have lots of space after buying this. Now only I have all the space. Two people share this computer. Why should another user on the same computer have to buy more! What?? Computers never used to be this restricted to one user back in the 1990's or 2000's. Now in 2020 computers are sold as if you are a restrictive big brother and you monitor the usage and charge way too much for each user after the computer is bought and paid for!! I believe 1T is enough…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need "UNDO MOVE" command/feature for Onedrive to correct drag & drop mistakes

I was trying to select some folders in Onedrive and accidentally twitched the mouse or something, and to my horror a bunch of folders and files got moved unintentionally. To my further horror, there seems to be no "Undo Move" command or feature within Onedrive. Manually correcting this is going to be a pain, especially since there seems to be no simple way to move folders "up" one or two levels...it's easy to (unintentionally) move one folder into another and make it a subfolder, but it's not obvious how to move a subfolder back to its original level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base