OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

folder color

It would be nice for the user to be able to assign different colors to individual folders to improve their readability. I guess this has probably been requested yet,n but I could not find any previous post dealing with that subject.
Thanks.

520 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bernard Candela shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
not right now  ·  Can Comertoglu responded  · 

Thank you for the request. We understand the ask. At this point it’s not in our immediate plans. We will share more info as we have updates.

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jill Thayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a way to change folder color. Coming over from Google Drive I was surprised to see this was not an option in OneDrive. I see you mention this is not in your immediate plans but I would imagine most users would greatly appreciate this feature becoming available sooner rather than later. Thank you

• Haider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is MS not responding? Tought they said they will respond to every everything if there are at least 500 votes?

• Donna Wiley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have eight corporations that I maintain and all color coded...except when it comes to OneDrive, please get it so we can change colors on folders! Thank you!

• J. Kelvin (intClouds) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need (not want) the coloured folder option in OneDrive. I need to organize and access to my files as quick as possible everytime I access OneDrive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature that should be implemented. Look at google interface compare to yours. Please!

• Lisa Zimmerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed! This organizational tool missing is enough to make me go with Google Drive for storage needs.

• Harold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colored folders may help. Are there better document management strategies? Where may they be found? What turnaround time may be expected by Microsoft teams?

• Darrell Gow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a great feature if you were able to change the folder colors, even all the sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, and so on... Better organization I think if all your folders are separated by colors.

OneDrive is already a great product for business but, this would add one additional feature that would be used and greatly appreciated.

Thanks for starting the thread.

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please color code and make it better than google docs!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would greatly increase user friendliness and organizational processes for businesses using One Drive!

-Subaru of America, inc. employee

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base