OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Favorite folders and files

Can you add a feature to add favourite folders or files for quick access. Not like the recent folder. Like a list of bookmarks that never changes.

Thanks

Steve Morissette
morissettes@cs-soreltracy.qc.ca

925 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  Can Comertoglu responded  · 

Moving this to “thinking about it” status. We understand the ask here, but don’t have specifics to share at this point.

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Phil Ormsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why Microsoft even needs "thinking about it" status. What is there to think about? It's a simple feature that would be immensely useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this simple feature !!! Just migrated from Google Drive and near impossible to find anything now without having to manually type it into the search field.

Oh, please! I fight on the ipad navigating, especially when it is a shared folder. So favourites or book marks that would also show up when saving to OneDrive from other apps - oh, wow, that would make a huge difference.

• Rene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any feedback from Microsoft when this will be implemented?

This is a much needed feature. Favorites should include files and folders. I use OneDrive for all my files and being able to quickly get to a nested folder to scan documents would greatly improve the app.

I'm assessing OneDrive having been a long time user of Google Drive. The fact that this feature , that has been available on Google Drive forever, is not yet implemented after 2+ years of asking is unbelievable. No shortcut way to get to a folder that may be buried 10 levels down? That's just unacceptable and unusable. Get with the plan Microsoft!

Add a Favourites option (or similar) on the left explore panel. Shocked and disappointed that there isn't one currently.

• Zeca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait... since 2016 people are requesting this and still not available?!!! WTF?!? Are you too powerful to ignore all these requests from one thing that should've existed since the very first hour, Microsoft?!?! Yeah, maybe that's the problem, you are, aren't you?

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boggles my mind that this wasn't already added it is such an obvious need

Huh. Yet another feature that should have been baked in from the beginning, and yet wasn't...

• Donald Payne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Angus wrote: "The notion of favorites and being able to get back to folders quickly is something we are looking into. You can do this today using Office by pinning a document to the top of your Recent Docs list."

I have 100's of documents under a directory tree and I'm always adding more. I want to pin the one top-level folder, not each document. ("Recent" view shows documents only, not folders.) Pinning a document would do me no good, partly because the "Recent" view does not provide any way to navigate to the folder containing a given document.

FInally, in OneDrive for Business (sharepoint.com), I do not see any "pin" function in the "Recent" view.

To add to this, create the ability to add shared folders to your own onedrive. A shortcut or something. Right now I have 100's of shared folders and going through this long list is counter-intuitive. Let us add shared folders (maybe a shortcut or something) to our own onedrive in our own location so we can find them quicker.

• Rudolf Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome, and safari should transparently be able to include the Favorites stored on OneDrive, and should be able to add/modify them as well.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base