OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Favorite folders and files

Can you add a feature to add favourite folders or files for quick access. Not like the recent folder. Like a list of bookmarks that never changes.

Thanks

Steve Morissette
morissettes@cs-soreltracy.qc.ca

396 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a Favourites option (or similar) on the left explore panel. Shocked and disappointed that there isn't one currently.

• Zeca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait... since 2016 people are requesting this and still not available?!!! WTF?!? Are you too powerful to ignore all these requests from one thing that should've existed since the very first hour, Microsoft?!?! Yeah, maybe that's the problem, you are, aren't you?

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boggles my mind that this wasn't already added it is such an obvious need

Huh. Yet another feature that should have been baked in from the beginning, and yet wasn't...

• Rudolf Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome, and safari should transparently be able to include the Favorites stored on OneDrive, and should be able to add/modify them as well.

• Gerardo Navarro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than two years have past and yet no Favorites on OneDrive yet! Where are your UI/UX teams Microsoft? Do you even have it?

I've just thought of a workaround for this. It works for me at least. You can create a share link from any folder. No need to share it with anyone in particular, just create the link and the folder will appear in your shared docs section.

• Sami Aviles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a feature like this. It's absolutely crucial when navigating a handful of shared files within an organization. The current filter and organization options take far too much time to access files regularly strictly via OneDrive (versus creating a browser bookmark).

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one the nicest features of google drive and would be a huge add to OneDrive (making it more useful)

• RUDY L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel the same!...

...in the meantime, I saved the one file I wanted to have a 'favorite' as a bookmark on my browser.
        (copied the URL & created the bookmark)

• Matt Jans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ESSENTIAL. OneDrive has gotten better over the past few years, but navigation is awful (at least in terms of working the same way as navigation does in Windows native). Being able to "save as" to the active folder is another essential fix, too. But a favorites list that's accessible via left navigation menu and when you go to "Save As" a file, would be great.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base