OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Move or Copy to a Shared with me folder

I have a folder that is shared with me. I have edit permissions on that folder. I need an option to "move" or to "copy" files to that shared folder.

There is an option to move from the shared folder but I need it the other way around.

250 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ralph Jansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem! Cannot add shared folders to my OneDrive so I can upload and contribute files. Unacceptable. What is the point?

• Afflospark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed-
    First of all the limits on a shared folder is pull off its define by us what to share and what is not why they put limits on us.
    And secondly, Move and copy option is one of the most requirement which we want as soon as possible.

• Chatura Wijetunga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a way to copy files from a shared folder onto a non shared folder without having to download and upload back

• Natalie Tremblay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this seriously doesn't exist already? Did Microsoft learn nothing from all the excitement over Google Drive 10 years ago??

• Stephen Semmelroth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We very much need this. Had multiple problems with no drag and drop (via web portal) capability to a shared folder this week. Very frustrating and limiting work flow. OneDrive does not have parity with competitors in this regard as of yet.

• Bernd Stetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm missing that feature also. Like to move a shared content from a colleague to my OneDrive because I like to keep it. Download and upload is boring…
    I think in the backend should be a way do to that without move the files to my pc. I can see the shared content as well my own files in the explorer (sorry, Edge) view. I have an idea how it could work. Microsoft-Productgroup let me know if you like to discuss, but I know you have the right people to make that DCR.

• Michelle Seipel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - we're doing a lot of downloading from our own ODFB file folders and then uploading into the ODFB Shared folder - which is much more cumbersome than just adding the "Shared with me" folder as a move to/copy to location.

• Mark Rumple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, my company can't move to Onedrive For Business until the mobile app supports moving or copying files from personal onedrive to a Shared Onedrived or SharePoint document Library. Currently we use ShareFile that has this functionality.
    I have over 3000 users on ShareFile, and can't move to Office365 Onedrive until they have this Capability.
    Today, they take a picture or work on a document, then move or copy the File to a Shared Folder that has a AD group assigned, or has a distribution group with Partners assigned.
    THIS FEATURE IS A MUST TO COMPETE WITH DROPBOX OR SHAREFILE OR BOX!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not implemented yet? Shared folders took you long enough, now please make it useful

• wst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I need to download a few GB's and upload it again.
    Takes ages....

• Mitch McEvoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In an education setting this would allow students to upload files to a teacher share folder! It would be very useful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base