OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Provide more than 1TB storage...PLEASE!

1TB is not what it was. 4k videos and SLR photos will fill that up surprisingly quickly.

I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by more than 1TB (e.g., 2TB). But, you don't offer paid service for more than 1.05TB?! And the Azure path is too difficult. This is forcing me to look at other non-Microsoft solutions like Odrive. Why would you push me in that direction when I'd rather stay?

2,031 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Samir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I also thought 1 TB was plenty, but am reaching the limits.
    5 TB seems a good new tier.
    Name your price, M$... :-)

• Tomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got Onedrive personal 1Tb + 100Gb offer from Samsung. Onedrive shows that I have 1,1Tb of quota so it doesn't seem to be technical limitation.

How about add-on subscriptions on top of Office Personal&Home?

• Dom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an avid OneDrive user and use it to basically store my whole life. I used to recommend it to everyone I can, but the storage limit is making that more difficult. I think a 2 or 5tb plan would be wonderful, and I'd happily pay more for it, as many others would too. Please consider this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep on getting messages that I am out of space. Yet, when I renewed I was told I got more space. The space available is insufficient and makes the whole thing useless. I don't want to keep on paying more to have a little more space.

come on guys, just give the option of buying more space… you have an army of engineers and economist that can figure out how much to charge for 1-10 extra Tbs.

remember, if you build it they will come

• Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I miss the peace of mind from the short lived unlimited option, maybe you could add an unlimited plan (I'm willing to pay more) where you cap it by adding 1tb per. Year or something like that.

The ability to dynamically change quotas between family members within a single OneDrive Home account is long outstanding.

The 1Tb glass ceiling per family member is getting long in tooth when you compare competitor offerings.

When can we expect options to increase beyond 1TB ?

• cbranco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm an Office 365 for Business user, with only 2 active users by now.
    I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by, at least, 2 more TB in order to have all my data safe, without forcing me to look to a non-Microsoft solution, what I wouldn't like to do. So please, offer us a paid service that allow us to increase the above suite. Thank you.

This is superbly absurd... I pay for 6tb for my family package, at least provide a method to share that storage as I am paying for it!

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Thinking" about accepting money for nearly 2 years? You are kidding me!
    PLEASE: respond with a clear decision. If there is enough storage in Azure: sell it, if not: buy it. I simply cannot imagine that it's that complex to decide whether you want to remove a limitation, no competitor of you does have. Technically, I hardly can imagine that your engineers have found a system design that limits the storage space for each customer - if so, call me and I will be happy to help you ;-)

• Marwerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive for family allows for more than 5TB, but I only use ONE account. I need the extra for multiple copies of Office. So I use one account (currently at 900MB and still syncing) and have unused 4TB space left which I cannot use (Not more than 1 account per logged in user). Great. If Hubic would still be around I would be switching to them right away (had 10TB for 59 EUR per year) but they only provide this option now only for large businesses.

Reason for not doing it:
    Microsoft might be afraid with the performance, which is already not the best. Some files do not seem to get synced even the computers I use are always on! With larger file space this problem might get too big for the OneDrive database to handle?

• Marwerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive for family allows for more than 5TB, but I only use ONE account. I need the extra for multiple copies of Office. So I use one account (currently at 900MB and still syncing) and have unused 4TB space left which I cannot use (Not more than 1 account per logged in user). Great. If Hubic would still be around I would be switching to them right away (had 10TB for 59 EUR per year) but they only provide this option now only for large businesses

• Titan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

$5/month per TB sounds reasonable to me. That would be $60/year per TB beyond the 1TB of Office 365.

• Adam B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us give you more money, I really don't want to switch to Google Drive, I'm at about 989GB's in my account and I take a lot of pictures and videos. Google has a 2TB tier as well as Dropbox and iCloud. Please give us the ability to add more, I will pay.

• Steve Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office 365 Personal needs a 2TB OneDrive storage option. Office 365 Home needs an option for 2TB per user or as others have suggested, assigning of the 6TB storage among the family users (say, in 500GB increments) with the option to purchase more.

This would be ideal for families. For example, in a family of 4 where one parent has need for 2.5TB, while the other needs 1.5TB, and each of 2 kids gets 1TB. If needs grow there should be an option to purchase more storage.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing what everyone else has said, and what I have said everywhere people will listen: Please let me give you more money.

I currently have 5 different 1TB accounts with my Office 365 subscription, and managing them is a ridiculous and unnecessary chore.

As Teddy said last month, I AM STUNNED.

• Mary B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when we have a 5-user family subscription for 2 people, why can't we allocate the extra 3TB to be shared between us?

• Teddy Otero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am stunned to find this thread after hitting my 1TB limit and going to OneDrive to look for a way to upgrade and GIVE MICROSOFT MY $$$. All the comments and votes on this topic likely reflect a small fraction of the number of users begging for the privilege of giving MS $10-$100 more per month. Unbelievable.

It would be IDEAL, since you offer automatic camera roll uploads on devices, for you to offer free unlimited photo storage for your paying Office Personal/Home customers, even if limited to a certain resolution. Amazon offers this for Prime members and Google offers this free for everyone. This would solve my OneDrive storage woes immediately.

As it stands, I see no other way forward than to switch to Google Drive or another cloud storage provider when my Office contract is up. Microsoft, you are forcing me onto a competitor's product that I don't even want to switch to. :(

Nearly 2 years after the "idea" (cannot believe that Microsoft needs someone to tell them that it might be a good idea to sell more than 1TB per user) and still no commitment to more than 1 TB as an option to pay for). Even with OneDrive-Business-Plans I would need to buy 5 (!) plans to have that option. I will wait another month and then will switch to Google if there is still no offer for more storage than 1 TB per private account. I have 1 TB of photos + many private videos + all of my scanned invoices and other letters - I would need 3 TB or better 5 TB to store all of this in OneDrive.

• Philocthetese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best idea I've seen in this thread to correct this problem is to give an account the full 6TB as a pool. But an option to pay a slightly larger subscription fee for more storage would be an adequate option.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base