OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Provide more than 1TB storage...PLEASE!

1TB is not what it was. 4k videos and SLR photos will fill that up surprisingly quickly.

I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by more than 1TB (e.g., 2TB). But, you don't offer paid service for more than 1.05TB?! And the Azure path is too difficult. This is forcing me to look at other non-Microsoft solutions like Odrive. Why would you push me in that direction when I'd rather stay?

1,684 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marwerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive for family allows for more than 5TB, but I only use ONE account. I need the extra for multiple copies of Office. So I use one account (currently at 900MB and still syncing) and have unused 4TB space left which I cannot use (Not more than 1 account per logged in user). Great. If Hubic would still be around I would be switching to them right away (had 10TB for 59 EUR per year) but they only provide this option now only for large businesses.

Reason for not doing it:
        Microsoft might be afraid with the performance, which is already not the best. Some files do not seem to get synced even the computers I use are always on! With larger file space this problem might get too big for the OneDrive database to handle?

• Marwerno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive for family allows for more than 5TB, but I only use ONE account. I need the extra for multiple copies of Office. So I use one account (currently at 900MB and still syncing) and have unused 4TB space left which I cannot use (Not more than 1 account per logged in user). Great. If Hubic would still be around I would be switching to them right away (had 10TB for 59 EUR per year) but they only provide this option now only for large businesses

• Titan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

$5/month per TB sounds reasonable to me. That would be $60/year per TB beyond the 1TB of Office 365.

• Adam B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us give you more money, I really don't want to switch to Google Drive, I'm at about 989GB's in my account and I take a lot of pictures and videos. Google has a 2TB tier as well as Dropbox and iCloud. Please give us the ability to add more, I will pay.

• Steve Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office 365 Personal needs a 2TB OneDrive storage option. Office 365 Home needs an option for 2TB per user or as others have suggested, assigning of the 6TB storage among the family users (say, in 500GB increments) with the option to purchase more.

This would be ideal for families. For example, in a family of 4 where one parent has need for 2.5TB, while the other needs 1.5TB, and each of 2 kids gets 1TB. If needs grow there should be an option to purchase more storage.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing what everyone else has said, and what I have said everywhere people will listen: Please let me give you more money.

I currently have 5 different 1TB accounts with my Office 365 subscription, and managing them is a ridiculous and unnecessary chore.

As Teddy said last month, I AM STUNNED.

• Mary B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when we have a 5-user family subscription for 2 people, why can't we allocate the extra 3TB to be shared between us?

• Teddy Otero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am stunned to find this thread after hitting my 1TB limit and going to OneDrive to look for a way to upgrade and GIVE MICROSOFT MY $$$. All the comments and votes on this topic likely reflect a small fraction of the number of users begging for the privilege of giving MS $10-$100 more per month. Unbelievable.

It would be IDEAL, since you offer automatic camera roll uploads on devices, for you to offer free unlimited photo storage for your paying Office Personal/Home customers, even if limited to a certain resolution. Amazon offers this for Prime members and Google offers this free for everyone. This would solve my OneDrive storage woes immediately.

As it stands, I see no other way forward than to switch to Google Drive or another cloud storage provider when my Office contract is up. Microsoft, you are forcing me onto a competitor's product that I don't even want to switch to. :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2 years after the "idea" (cannot believe that Microsoft needs someone to tell them that it might be a good idea to sell more than 1TB per user) and still no commitment to more than 1 TB as an option to pay for). Even with OneDrive-Business-Plans I would need to buy 5 (!) plans to have that option. I will wait another month and then will switch to Google if there is still no offer for more storage than 1 TB per private account. I have 1 TB of photos + many private videos + all of my scanned invoices and other letters - I would need 3 TB or better 5 TB to store all of this in OneDrive.

• Philocthetese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best idea I've seen in this thread to correct this problem is to give an account the full 6TB as a pool. But an option to pay a slightly larger subscription fee for more storage would be an adequate option.

• Hope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive needs to catch up with other Cloud storage providers, currently:
        - Google Drive: 2TB for 99$/year
        - iCloud Drive: 2TB for 99$/year
        - Amazon Drive: 1TB for 59$/year (unlimited storage for photos if you are also a prime member)

while OneDrive is still 1TB for 69$/year (current users) and 1TB for 59$/year (new users).
        Now OneDrive becomes the most expensive amongst these provides.

I'm moving to Google Drive (best value for 2TB right now on the market) after my subscription ended. I would go for iCloud rather than Google Drive, but their web interface is very hard to use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I would also like the option of extending OneDrive storage capacity. Happy to pay for this facility.

• Gregory Wrighton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of 1TB storage each, it would be better to pool all the storage as one lot. Each person can still store their files individually in their own folder structure etc as it is now, but they are using an X amount of the full combined storage. This makes much more sense than having to have 1TB each. Especially if you don;t use all five accounts.

• Marcus William Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using onedrive for years, it's my go to solution. But with 4k video becoming more common on phones and cameras, my family and I are quickly eating through the remaining space. We need a home solution to buy more storage.

• Thomas Imlauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggested to allow the distribution of allowance of 5 TB to one user or computer only. I makes no sense to get 1 TB for 5 PC's if you have only one.

• Denis Agarev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using OneDrive since SkyDrive early time 10 years ago, pls stop me from watching other solutions.......

• Zhiyuan Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My OneDrive is full, I had to unsubscribe and considering switch to Google Drive or iCloud.

I am a programmer so Microsoft Office is useless to me.
        Please consider a 2TB plan for the same price without Office 365 just like Google Drive & iCloud.

• B V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Others allow for more and Google recently announced a 2TB suite that directly competes with O365.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base