OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Provide more than 1TB storage...PLEASE!

1TB is not what it was. 4k videos and SLR photos will fill that up surprisingly quickly.

I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by more than 1TB (e.g., 2TB). But, you don't offer paid service for more than 1.05TB?! And the Azure path is too difficult. This is forcing me to look at other non-Microsoft solutions like Odrive. Why would you push me in that direction when I'd rather stay?

2,182 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Samir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

138 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tausif Farooqi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will move to a different service that can provide more space. 1 TB is not enough if you do photo/video work.

• Sim Architect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am likely not renewing my subscription either, I just had to erase 300 GB worth of videos from the cloud and keep them somewhere else, the entire point of OneDrive was having real time backup of the most important files everywhere. They should have grown our space considerably (1 TB/year sounds quite reasonable for nowadays) with each renovation as an incentive to keep our accounts. They can always kick out people who misuse the system in any form.

• Ionuț Sava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While you "think about it", I decided to cancel my 5 years old subscription. I simply cannot wait for you to decide on the matter. I have deleted too many files.

• Kvabbe Grevlingsti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The storage space is the one and only reason why I'm using Google DIsk for the time beeing. And since I'm already on that service, I also use their "office" solution, even though I like MS Office alot more by far.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1TB is not enough to hold Professional Designs and Photos, I like to have these files in one place, not split about the internet into 1TB Cloud Partitions! I need a minimum of 2TB. My current 2TB hard drive is running out of space and would like it backed up to the cloud - in one place with room to grow maybe 3TBs or more. Please give your paying customers options other than being stuck to 1TB. — On a side note I am raising a Family and that plan does work for me, it just needs more space.

• Bryn Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Drive, Dropbox & iCloud have all upgraded their regular 1TB accounts to 2TB at no additional charge to their customers. OneDrive is seriously lagging behind the trend here.

Let's not forget that a while back Microsoft announced unlimited storage for Office 365 users. I can understand wanting to restrict the obscene data hogs, but 1TB is just not good enough in 2019 with 4K video content being so prevalent.

If Microsoft wants to be a trendsetter and not just lag behind the cloud storage competition by a year or more, the 1TB allowance should change to 5TB in my opinion. Time is marching on and file sizes are only going to increase as cameras and cellphones capture higher fidelity content. So why go with 2TB when 5TB looks so much better against the competition and postpones the next conversation about storage limits for a much longer period.

• Tulio Moura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After filling all my space from one drive and discovering I can't have more than 1TB, I really prefer to move to another service.

OneDrive not only stops working all the time, but it's also slow, confusing and now it can't offer more than just 1TB per user.

I expected more.

• Sim Architect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem and I don't want to lose the seamless integration I have with my operating system. 1 TB is just not enough when we have video, game saves, several years of digitized documents etc.

I am using the 6TB option that requires 6 O365 accounts. It is a horribly user-unfriendly solution. Have your Product Managers actually tried to manage and consolidate 6TB across 6 accounts? For a family photo/video collection for example, that does not make any sense. Please give me the option to pay money to consolidate 6 TB (or more) under a single account. Do you realize how much photo and video footage a family accumulates in a generation? Very disappointing.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My space is filling up, everyone else if offering 2 TB, cmon MS

• HO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Limiting Office 365 subscriptions to 1TB may make sense; however, the inability to pay extra and add more space is ludicrous!

• Amr Sharaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I'm working on a CG Short Film and those Renders eat up space like there's no tomorrow! I wouldn't mind paying extra. I'm willing to pay up to $50 a month for 10TB. Thank you!

• Rick Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2TB for a little extra $ would be a godsend. The ability to dynamically allocate the 6TB in my Office 365 subscription would be even better. I have about 1.6 TB of stuff. My kids have less than 250 GB.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I also thought 1 TB was plenty, but am reaching the limits.
    5 TB seems a good new tier.
    Name your price, M$... :-)

• Tomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got Onedrive personal 1Tb + 100Gb offer from Samsung. Onedrive shows that I have 1,1Tb of quota so it doesn't seem to be technical limitation.

How about add-on subscriptions on top of Office Personal&Home?

• Dom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an avid OneDrive user and use it to basically store my whole life. I used to recommend it to everyone I can, but the storage limit is making that more difficult. I think a 2 or 5tb plan would be wonderful, and I'd happily pay more for it, as many others would too. Please consider this.

I keep on getting messages that I am out of space. Yet, when I renewed I was told I got more space. The space available is insufficient and makes the whole thing useless. I don't want to keep on paying more to have a little more space.

come on guys, just give the option of buying more space… you have an army of engineers and economist that can figure out how much to charge for 1-10 extra Tbs.

remember, if you build it they will come

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base