OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Provide more than 1TB storage...PLEASE!

1TB is not what it was. 4k videos and SLR photos will fill that up surprisingly quickly.

I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by more than 1TB (e.g., 2TB). But, you don't offer paid service for more than 1.05TB?! And the Azure path is too difficult. This is forcing me to look at other non-Microsoft solutions like Odrive. Why would you push me in that direction when I'd rather stay?

1,447 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Samir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive needs to catch up with other Cloud storage providers, currently:
        - Google Drive: 2TB for 99$/year
        - iCloud Drive: 2TB for 99$/year
        - Amazon Drive: 1TB for 59$/year (unlimited storage for photos if you are also a prime member)

while OneDrive is still 1TB for 69$/year (current users) and 1TB for 59$/year (new users).
        Now OneDrive becomes the most expensive amongst these provides.

I'm moving to Google Drive (best value for 2TB right now on the market) after my subscription ended. I would go for iCloud rather than Google Drive, but their web interface is very hard to use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I would also like the option of extending OneDrive storage capacity. Happy to pay for this facility.

• Gregory Wrighton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of 1TB storage each, it would be better to pool all the storage as one lot. Each person can still store their files individually in their own folder structure etc as it is now, but they are using an X amount of the full combined storage. This makes much more sense than having to have 1TB each. Especially if you don;t use all five accounts.

• Marcus William Lim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using onedrive for years, it's my go to solution. But with 4k video becoming more common on phones and cameras, my family and I are quickly eating through the remaining space. We need a home solution to buy more storage.

• Thomas Imlauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggested to allow the distribution of allowance of 5 TB to one user or computer only. I makes no sense to get 1 TB for 5 PC's if you have only one.

• Denis Agarev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using OneDrive since SkyDrive early time 10 years ago, pls stop me from watching other solutions.......

• Zhiyuan Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My OneDrive is full, I had to unsubscribe and considering switch to Google Drive or iCloud.

I am a programmer so Microsoft Office is useless to me.
        Please consider a 2TB plan for the same price without Office 365 just like Google Drive & iCloud.

• B V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Others allow for more and Google recently announced a 2TB suite that directly competes with O365.

• Erling Limm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, why can't I add more to an existing Office 365 Home subscription. You're probably losing a little money here...

• Dmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to get more space! OneDrive is my favorite cloud service and it would be great if they can provide more space on individual requests.

• Jim Hutchins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just chatted with "Saif" in support. He said I could buy more storage through Sales. I just called them but they're not open now (which is fair since it is Sunday morning), but why do I have to call Sales instead of just modifying my subscription from my account? Transcript excerpt below:

Me: How can I purchase more than 1TB of OneDrive storage for a single user? I already have a family Office 365 subscription. I do a lot of digital photography, so I'll have more than 1TB of pictures to store in the near future.

Saif: I understand your concern and I will certainly help you.

Saif: As I am from Office technical team, I can trouble shoot if you have any Office issues, however as you want to purchase Onedrive storage, I will give you our Sales tea number, JIm.

Saif: So that you can get more storage at a discounted price.

Me: OK. Thanks.

Saif: Sales or Store (US Only): 1-877-696-7786 /8554258769 / 855-425-5481

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need more space! Also using Google Drive and switching if I cant get more.

Dividing space within the 365 household package would be the best!

• Konstantin Root commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please provide option for more than 1TB - 1 photo set done in 3h is 80GB in size from good camera.
        I'm forced to store photo/video in other places instead of keeping everything in OneDrive.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base