OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Versioning

We really need versioning. It's a must. I want to switch totally from Dropbox plan. Maybe an official position about this feature if it's in plan or not and how long we will have to wait.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I need this function too. it's important for the people than have many .doc,.pdf and modify them frequently.

• MS fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand how this is still not done, in these days of crypto ransomware.
    It makes OneDrive useless in 2017.
    I am going to look into DropBox & Google Drive until this is done...

• Flavio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to explain and describe the feature better if you want more votes.

Versioning = See and Restore Previous Versions of Files and Folders.

Nonetheless, this feature is indispensable and it is just ridiculous that OneDrive does not have it. I am migrating back to Dropbox because of this, I'm so ****** off...

• Jens Borg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the documentation there is a lot of information about how to get an old version, but it's not stated that this is only valid for MS documents, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but not for PDF and JPG etc.
    If OneDrive should be used for photo etc. this needs to be protected as well!

• Rich Stafford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reasoning this does not have more votes is that people don't know what it is until it's to late. If you really want to take on the other services then this is a must!

Feedback and Knowledge Base