OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Rearrange the order of photos in an album

It would be really useful to make path to rearrange the order of photos in an album by dragging. Also I need to choose by myself the cover photo of the album, not to be selected at random. Thank you in advance!

254 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nadia Mircheva shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to rearrange photos in a OneDrive album to create a custom order is essential. I was very surprised to find that it's not already possible. Drag and drop to create a custom order seems to be the way to go. Thanks.

• Tamara Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly!! I uploaded a couple thousand pictures in about the same week and they are ALL jumbled. Where I had a nice, neatly organized "file cabinet" that is my phone gallery, now I have a ton of them to go through to find a set of 8 or so that used to have their own folder!!!!

Why is not the file-order saved in a folder taken for the newly created album :-o??? What a mess :-/. The photos are coming totally random, as the Nexus mobile did not save the EXIF data but the file name. Please, allow me at least to use the file-name or at least the folder-save order! Thank you

You create an album from a file after hitting "save sort order" and the order changes in the album? Hopeless. I echo all previous comments. Get this sorted Outlook....

Why??? From a technical perspective it cannot be hard to associate ordering with the images in an album. Are there legal or patent issues? If so, let us know. If not, it is a huge miss.

• Eddie V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable this isn't already available. Who programs these applications without common sense? You can rearrange photos in the folders themselves, but can't do this when creating an album? So idiotic.

• Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Albums are not very useful without the ability to order the photos. Please add this feature.

I am shocked that this can't be done. In my case, I have 2 cameras and one had an incorrect time so merging puts things out of order. I should be able to correct this by rearranging in the proper order. Please fix this.

• Caroline Cleland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a sorting tool to make the Album feature a more useful creative tool. Otherwise the Album is just a way to dump related photos.

I agree this is a major drawback to OneDrive.... I also am not happy that I can not delete pictures from the "All Photos" section, without them also being deleted from albums that I have put them in.... ridiculous....

• Clarachough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! Some of the photos are like, background to the main subject. So you have chosen a distant photo of the ISle Of Wight as the title pic for an album of a rare bird!! It should be the GLossy Ibis!!

• Steve Witham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Originally, the chronological order from the source folder was the one I wanted. But, if you rotate, crop, adjust or edit a photo, the modified-date on the photo changes and it DROPS TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ALBUM (or Folder view). The created-date stays the same, but the program is sorting by modified-date. By the way, I have seen instructions for adding entries to the registry so that .jpg files are sorted in Photos the same way they are when arranged manually in a folder.

I agree with Tomas. I have added photos to an album at different times, but of the same item or people, and there is not way to organize the album. We should be able to copy and paste or drag and drop. This seems like a very basic idea and I am amazed that it's not able to be done.

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me it's completely incomprehensible that anyone can launch a service that, at least in part, is supposed to be a way to easily store and share photos but without giving the user any control what so ever over how these photos are sorted and presented. Please fix this design flaw :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base