OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Thumbnail preview, does not work for jpg files uploaded bye the onedrive sync in windows

On onedrive.com, thumbnail preview of jpg files does not work, if the jpg files is uploaded using onedrive sync in windows. If I upload the sames files to a new folder using the browser on onedrive.com, thumbnail preview is showing up on all files. This is happening on all versions of windows 10. It is not a browser issue, the same happens when viewing onedrive in chrome, firefox, edge, ie 11, so it must be an upload problem. Some of the files however shows up correctly.

215 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jesper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem, tried re uploading the same pictures that previously had thumbnail, now not recognized. Preview says "hmm, looks like file doesnt have a preview we can show you". Same on 3 different computers, windows phone and iphone.

• MUusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the first of september, half of the photos are recognized as image files, the other half is not. And from this date all the images are not recognized anymore (older images in Onedrive are correct though). Fix your system please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here, onedrive on my editting computer is fine but the minute an image goes into the app it can't be previewed or downloaded. As a photographer this is pretty critical to my business and utterly inexcusable as something to mess up! Seriously considering making the move to Adobe Creative Cloud, I guess I should say thank you for giving me the reason to get my lazy *** to make the change...

• Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same thing. It worked fine until till 30 of august 2017. Now no images uploaded via browser or windows 10 onedrive app is recognized as image :( Please help!

• Phil Clements commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same problem - trying to share images with somebody and cannot see them. Images I uploaded in June are fine - the thumbnails are visible and the images open without a problem, however files that I upload to the same folder now with identical resolution and file format are greyed out and will not open. Earlier images show as .jpg image, but the recent uploads show as .jpg file??

Please fix this as it is it is taking a huge amount of time to try and find a workaround - and I am paying for a premium account!

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar problem....
        Thumbnail previews for the JPGs loaded on 30th August 2017 are not showing
        Attempts to look at the image show the message
        "Hmm...looks likes this file doesn't have a preview we can show you"
        Previously uploaded JPG thumbnail previews are fine

The appearance of the thumbnail preview on images after upload has become slower
        over the past couple weeks and now seems to have stopped (or gone very slow)
        Note I cleared my browser history and cache and rebooted and it makes no difference
        Have also tried upload in IE11 and Firefox
        Also tried uploading JPGs I have uploaded succesfully before but they now have same problem

Basically this is a Onedrive service/Server issue - not a browser of JPG file issue
        Please fix Microsoft

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base