OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,286 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

361 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most ridiculous thing ever and I don't even know what program is causing this. Every few hours I would get a "Attachment" folder and would have to delete it. Sometimes I get Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 if I don't delete them fast enough. I can't believe this has been going on for half a year.

• Lucila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

favor eliminar la creación automática de las carpetas adjuntos de correo electrónico y documentos uno debería crear las carpetas y no el sistema

• René Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My solution was:

Right click on OneDrive icon in the Windows taskbar -> Select settings -> Choose folders -> Uncheck the folder "Attachments". -> And delete the "Attachments" folder afterwards.

The downside is that I then have to Choose folders to sync manually when new folders has been created.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have when you create folders for me, such as pictures, and attachments. I want everything saved to the same place, like maybe a downloads folder and I will organize as I see fit because you and I don't agree on folders.

• Dan Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been researching this for a while, it was absolutely driving me crazy! I found a post saying to bury the folder in a less annoying spot within OneDrive. It worked perfectly! I put it in a sub-folder in a location I rarely use, so my multiple times daily regimen of deleting this annoyance is no longer needed. It's not perfect, but it worked.

Hey Admin: THINK HARDER ABOUT THIS. E-Mail Attachments Folder is SPAM. Is Microsoft tone deaf to this issue?

I pay for this service. I name and create the files. Isn't access to my stuff enough for you people?! My computer, my filename.

I was always deleting this folder. But I recently needed a new folder so I renamed it and I have not had a new folder appear since. :)

• Payam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do the "documents" and the "email attachments" folders keep being recreated after being deleted multiple times by me? I do not need these folders and want to delete them permanently.

another directory that i have to delete many time every days is documents.Is it possible to avoid onedrive to create even this directory ? Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base