OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,286 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

356 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lucila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

favor eliminar la creación automática de las carpetas adjuntos de correo electrónico y documentos uno debería crear las carpetas y no el sistema

• Michael Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to chime in here with the hundred other people who hate this annoying feature. STOP CREATING FOLDERS FOR ME.

• René Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My solution was:

Right click on OneDrive icon in the Windows taskbar -> Select settings -> Choose folders -> Uncheck the folder "Attachments". -> And delete the "Attachments" folder afterwards.

The downside is that I then have to Choose folders to sync manually when new folders has been created.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have when you create folders for me, such as pictures, and attachments. I want everything saved to the same place, like maybe a downloads folder and I will organize as I see fit because you and I don't agree on folders.

• Dan Cramer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been researching this for a while, it was absolutely driving me crazy! I found a post saying to bury the folder in a less annoying spot within OneDrive. It worked perfectly! I put it in a sub-folder in a location I rarely use, so my multiple times daily regimen of deleting this annoyance is no longer needed. It's not perfect, but it worked.

Hey Admin: THINK HARDER ABOUT THIS. E-Mail Attachments Folder is SPAM. Is Microsoft tone deaf to this issue?

I pay for this service. I name and create the files. Isn't access to my stuff enough for you people?! My computer, my filename.

I was always deleting this folder. But I recently needed a new folder so I renamed it and I have not had a new folder appear since. :)

• Payam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do the "documents" and the "email attachments" folders keep being recreated after being deleted multiple times by me? I do not need these folders and want to delete them permanently.

another directory that i have to delete many time every days is documents.Is it possible to avoid onedrive to create even this directory ? Thanks

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really do not understand why this has to happen. Why wouldn't the Email Attachments folder just get made the next time a program like Outlook tries to download an attachment? Why is it such that it just comes back immediately? Why would that be necessary, Microsoft? Why?? I want to have control over my digital life, Microsoft!

I just searched how to stop creating these folders and apparently it's already been brought to Microsoft's attention so I guess I'll just play the waiting game. But yeah, really frustrating to see folders created that I didn't create and that I can't get rid of. But I have to get props to Microsoft on how good the service has been getting and the amount of work they're doing in the background. Just please take this suggestion and never auto generate any folders for users. Thanks

• Mario Party commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a professional product acts like a amateur thing like this! please stop creating that ***** folder

• Riccardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using an always-on Mac with Hazel to automatically delete the folder. I don't think this should be the fix to an issue reported almost 5 months ago.

Feedback and Knowledge Base