OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,955 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

280 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • calsan :-) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

....and stop with creating all the other unwanted folders. How many times must I delete an empty folder? So annoying. I'm paying for onedrive, I want the contents to be what I put in there WITHOUT extra bumpf appearing five times per day.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear onedrive people: kindly GET RID OF "email attachments" and "documents." I do not want these @#$%^& folders. Stop it now. This is 2017 and you're being paternalistic. Stop it.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree, you should either remove this feature completely or at least give us the possibility of choosing not to use it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not want or need this folder as I do not use the functionality. Please fix this with the next update so that I am not forced to have something I do not want. I organize my folder structure a certain way and having an extra (empty) folder there is really annoying!

• Alexandro Gianes Cardozo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF ! please make one solution for this problem ! I changed in outlook mail in preference attach options, but persist a created email attachments folder in my onedrive !

• Kiril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This folder is an absolute nuisance. I have no email services linked to my OneDrive or my Microsoft account in general, but here it is forced upon me. I'm sorry but I have an Android phone which is fully backed up on Google Drive, yet I don't see the backup files and folders mixed with files and folders I have created, let alone any other folders or files that I can't delete. Surely Microsoft can think of another way of implementing this new feature only for those users who want it. It's absolutely scandalous that they take the liberty of deciding how we should keep our data.

The official reply I got from OneDrive support is pathetic: "Unfortunately there is no way to delete this folder as its by design on One Drive." How come is it by design, since when? There used to be a "Photos" and a "Music" folders "by design", but those were easy to remove. This one is impossible to remove permanently!

"However we have taken this as a feedback... We'll add it to the list of ideas we're considering." - well, how very generous of you! It's not like we're paying or anything, sure you can just do whatever you feel like to your customers. I don't even know when deleting a folder became a feature request. Such disappointment. With all the things that still need to be fixed on OneDrive you go out there and do this... what a shame.

• Venkat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use this a lot.. Just clicking 'Save attachment to onedrive' from my email sends the documents/attachements here.. I dont have to select a folder or download and upload to save my document to onedrive..

But I can see how his can be annoying to others. One compromise would be if this folder is only created(if not present) when you click on 'Save attachments to onedrive' option..

• Office 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I`m feeling insecure about what function the “attachments” folder that is suddenly automatically being created in OneDrive for Business is going to serve, as there has been no information about it so far. Since we have thousands of users, the impact is extremely big.
        I would wish for you to quickly release information about this function.

I agree about the "Email attachments" folder. I have deleted it at least 5 times in the past week and it keeps coming back. If I wanted it there, I would have created it myself.

• Ronald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, don't pollute my folder with automatic folders!!! Think before you do something that stupid!!!

Agree. Who thought this was a good idea ? Need an option to deselect this annoying "feature"!!!

I agree this folder is unnecessary. Also it is to easy to attach these email attachments inadvertently.

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base