OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,286 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

361 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been months and the only response from Microsoft is "Thanks for the suggestion." No progress update or anything. This is when I make a change to pay for Google Drive services.

• Anouck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It's so annoying and I don't want to delete it only to have it reappearing the next time I open OneDrive

There is no logical reason why these folders are auto-created by OneDrive. Please allow the users to determine what folder structure THEY determine to be used. This is very annoying!!

• Matthew Doucette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developer tip: Steve Gibson's explanation of how to respect the user: "It's MY computer". And, that's the user, not the developer, saying that!

• Callum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop making the "Email Attachments" and "Documents" folders appear automatically in my OneDrive account. I would like to decide what folders appear on my account, it's mine. It is not a difficult request but it is really annoying. Thank you.

I have a teacher here that keeps having atleast 3 of these folders appear in his one drive. he doesnt use the Outlook mobile app for Iphone, he just uses mail app. He has the settings set to only attach as copies. I dont know what you're doing Microsoft but you are losing users to this. We pay for this service and would like to see a response better than thank you from 2 months ago.

• Phil Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just STOP auto-creating folders! Period. Or is it your intent to remind us that OneDrive space isn't ours -- it belongs to Microsoft and you'll do whatever you **** well please with it? If I wanted a folder called "Email Attachments" I'd create one, and if I delete it then it should **** well stay deleted (the same goes for the default "Documents" folder which I never use). I suppose I should be grateful Microsoft doesn't auto-delete any of my content with the same disregard...yet.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want the ability to remove this folder permanently. I don't use it, and I'd prefer to choose where my attachments go myself. Please fix this.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I delete this folder every single time I open my OneDrive. Just let users have the option!

• Tom Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please when users choose to save email attachments to OneDrive let them choose the folder to save it to. I want direct saving to a Teams Chanel folder.

This is VERY annoying!! Why is OneDrive doing this and OneDrive for Business is not??

Please remove this feature.

Please, stop creating the EMAIL ATTACHMENTS folder automatically. It is annoying. In both, my personal and business account.

thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base