OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,955 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

280 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed: Please, don't let your apps and plugins create anything automatically.
        Yes, there are users who want to have anything done for them, and they don't mind if their PCs are like an untidy bedroom. But for all others it's an annoying task, to work against the next "MS improvements" again and again and to keep their system clean.
        MS simply doesn't understand, that the user wants to decide about his system and organization.
        Please: learn to communicate such "improvements" and make them selectable!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last updated: June 2017. Common Microsoft, this should be a simple fix. It has been demanded by over 3,600 users, and is one of the greatest voted items of all time! PAY ATTENTION TO US. I'm moving to Google until this is resolved. ***** Microsoft.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

237 comments and I bet NOT one from Microsoft.

They are doing NOTHING on this at all - we get loads of other marginally beneficial updates.

Really rubbish to be honest

Hi I've noticed your comment that you're working on it but the date is June 6th 2017 surely it doesn't take this long to resolve the problem and could we have regular updates on when the problem will be resolved.
        Thank you.

• Lewis Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does this even count as a suggestion? I feel like I'm misunderstanding something - please just give us the option!

It appears you've been working on this problem for a while can you please advise on how long it will take. I think it's time for me to use Dropbox and cancel my subscription.

Please stop with auto-creating folders in my drive. I already have to put up with random **** folders and apps appearing in Windows. One place is already to many.

Hello Douglas Pearce,

I am a software developer.
        It appears you are stuck in a logical and coding problem, so allow me to share my expertise with you and your development team.
        There is probably a SINGLE line of code that creates the folder. You can add a comment to that line by adding a "//" in front of it and that line code will not by executed anymore, hence, the folder that is always empty will not be created anymore and annoy customers that complain for over 2-3 years about this complicated bug.
        You can also add an "if statement" if the folder still needs to be created in certain situations, but that is probably a more advanced part of programming and you may not be ready for it yet.

If you need help with everything else, please contact me, I will offer my knowledge towards Microsoft developers for free.

• JasonV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this folder being auto-created???? As a paying customer, please fix and allow me to delete!

• A bored user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very annoying feature. Stop it. People choose their own OneDrive folders. Always have to delete things that I don't want.

They aren't working on it. He's just fobbing us off. Hence the lack of progress reports ;)

Douglas: it does not take one year to stop a single folder from being automatically created every day. Try: 10 minutes?

• DANYOU MICROSOFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this still a thing? They have been working on this for almost a year?!?

STOP AUTO-CREATING THIS FOLDER! NEVER AUTO-CREATE FOLDERS!

• Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft, please stop auto creation of folders, i think most users are old enough to decide by themselves which folders they need, thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base