OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,292 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

331 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very angry and frustrated with this folder. STOP MAKING IT APPEAR!!!!!!!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this folder appearing in my onedrive? I delete it, it comes back. I delete it, it comes back. I am at war with this folder.

• Frustrated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No update Anon - Microsoft just likes teasing and annoying its customers... left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing... w t h.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, any update on this case? I still have the problem.

• Sam Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Bill Gates... its like a living version of 50 shades having to use one drive...

• Bill Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strommin' my pain with his finger... singin' my life with his words... MSFT is like a bad-boyfriend you can't dump..

• WHy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tobi No man, hahah, you're funny... this is just where customer ideas and requests go to die a miserable slow death...

• Damian Kutzias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fine (and necessary in my opinion) to have an option to turn off the auto creation of predefined folders. Every time i delete the two folders "Dokumente" and "Anlagen" (german names, might be "documents" and "attachments" in english), they reappear again. That is an absolute annoyance and prevent me from having a clean folder structure and a good overview.

• noway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now they are requiring email to vote... they don't like our angry voting...

• WHy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy... its like its more aggressive now. The folder shows up constantly now, all the time, I delete, it appears, I delete, it appears.

• Angry Poopy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

******* stupid microsoft... get your stupid app team together and fix this stupid bug. it is a BUG. FIX IT YOU STUPID POOOOPIE HEADS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will add my voice to this. I use One Drive to store my files and to hold backups, and I have a very strict way to sort, organize and index things - you could say I suffer form "Digital OCD".

AND THESE DAMNED FOLDERS JUST MAKE ME WISH TO SPLIT THE HEAD OF THE PERSON WHO INVENTED THEM WITH MY AXE, JUST LIKE I WOULD DO WITH A MELLON.

So, Microsoft, please remove these **** pre-formatted folder structure YOU think is best for us, users, because in the end, you don't really care or understand our needs.

Your folders or our folders, we both know you will keep seeing, indexing and using our personal information to make money with - Windows 10 looks like a virus disguised as an OS - so at least let us have things the way we like with our files.

Thanks!

• Bye Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At lease give your poor peasant folk an update Douglas Pearce. My guess is Douglas has moved on to a more with-it company...

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hear, Hear. . . Just one more perplexed, astonished, and frustrated user adding his small, tiny, insignificant voice (as far as Microsoft is concerned) to the growing discontent amongst the maddening crowd. . .

Feedback and Knowledge Base