OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,286 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

356 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe worst of it: there is not a single status comment from the MS team on this "hot" issue for more than a year. That's just poor customer support!
    Wonder why my company has chosen to use MS to supply a cloud solution...?!?

• Artur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this is just entering the realm of ridiculous at this point. How incompetent does a team have to be to let this bug persist for so long?!

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very angry and frustrated with this folder. STOP MAKING IT APPEAR!!!!!!!

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this folder appearing in my onedrive? I delete it, it comes back. I delete it, it comes back. I am at war with this folder.

• Frustrated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No update Anon - Microsoft just likes teasing and annoying its customers... left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing... w t h.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, any update on this case? I still have the problem.

• Sam Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Bill Gates... its like a living version of 50 shades having to use one drive...

• Bill Gates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strommin' my pain with his finger... singin' my life with his words... MSFT is like a bad-boyfriend you can't dump..

• WHy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tobi No man, hahah, you're funny... this is just where customer ideas and requests go to die a miserable slow death...

• Damian Kutzias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fine (and necessary in my opinion) to have an option to turn off the auto creation of predefined folders. Every time i delete the two folders "Dokumente" and "Anlagen" (german names, might be "documents" and "attachments" in english), they reappear again. That is an absolute annoyance and prevent me from having a clean folder structure and a good overview.

• noway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now they are requiring email to vote... they don't like our angry voting...

• WHy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy... its like its more aggressive now. The folder shows up constantly now, all the time, I delete, it appears, I delete, it appears.

• Angry Poopy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

******* stupid microsoft... get your stupid app team together and fix this stupid bug. it is a BUG. FIX IT YOU STUPID POOOOPIE HEADS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base