OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

4,292 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

331 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A. Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doug, why are you working with Outlook? It isn't the Outlook teams problem. This is the MOBILE APP TEAM. Get your H1B friends together and get this **** fixed! Disgraceful how long it is taking you guys.

• Satya N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a mobile app issue, and the internal (dis)organization of Microsoft can't communicate to fix the issue. Can someone please escalate this internally? I am tempted to start bugging Satya about the dysfunction of his people...

• Angry Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still taking for ever... I don't think its just the outlook team, I think the internal teams at microsoft cannot communicate effectively to eliminate this issue... this is a mobile app issue. I don't even have outlook installed and it does this constantly

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS, can you once speed up your development? Let me answer this for you, of course you can't...

It is ridiculous that a minor thing like that takes one year to fix... I have enough and will leave for Dropbox. Goodbye and thank you MS for not listening to your users :-)

• pedoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding the folder, it just shows back up again... stupid microsoft... can't they get their act together on this simple thing?

• Rafal Ziolkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ended up with hiding all **** folders on PC and pretending "not seeing them" via web interface - works so far.

I hate these folders with a burning passion. Is there a single UX expert anywhere on the team? Stop. Adding. Folders. I. Dont. Want. Or. Need.

• James Angrave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally need to be able to block ALL unauthorised folders appearing.. 'Attachments' is the biggest culprit for me.. please fix this :)

• Igor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I choose what goes in my drive!

• A. Morsman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

8 Documents folders have appeared, unwanted, in 3 days, no matter how hard I try to not have them appear. I have selected the folder I want in my one drive. It's either the Documents folder or the Attachment folder. Please stop this.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah right - using a word 'working' is an insult to everyone that actually does work.
        One year and this nonsense still goes on.

So a question to you YOU Douglas Pearce:

What have you worked on for the past year that actually did something useful for people that pay your salary? And it's use the users, in case you have not noticed that.

Adam

• Martin Cash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

18 months since numerous complaints about the 'Attachments' folder, and what happens... another folder called 'Documents'! The overwhelming majority want these forced folders gone. Get rid of them please!!

• Infinicat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great... In OneDrive for Business I’m now getting an extra “Documents” folder next to “Attachments”. Nice job, sh’theads!

• STeve B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is taking so long! Stupid m$ can't get their **** together...

And another year is past...thanks for listening to our customer requests M$...great job.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, how long does it take to provide an update which can remove a stupid feature? Apparently more than a year

• TFI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE stop adding useless stuff to our private environment!! How can I get rid of this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base