OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Please don't auto-create the email attachments folder

Please stop with the folder creation!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose what goes in my drive!
If i wanted a folder called 'email attachments' i would
create one .. its annoying having to delete them everytime i come bk to onedrive

3,955 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Loz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

280 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • >.>.> commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they have now created a new folder music with the other two attachments and documents.

• annoyed annoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would wonder when will the 5, 6, 7 kicks in. I hope someday u may create folders like "half baked updates from microsoft", "forced updates from microsoft", "spams from microsoft about having an update". Stop!!! i dont want new features, give users an option to opt out of having these features or so called convenience.

• annoyed annoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and now thanks for adding desktop to this parody. Really thx, instead of deleting 2 folders in the past, now i have to delete 4 folders every 3 hours. Thank you for fulfilling my gratification of deleting things

• MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. No attachments folder please! While youre at it - NO DOCUMENTS folder either.

Theres really no good reason to ever force folders on users.

• Irritated User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy! Why are you still forcing your users of Onedrive to have folders they don't want? Clearly the users have spoken and are very outspoken about this issues... FIX IT MICROSOFT!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email attachment folder is a huge issue for me as well. Most of the email attachments that are saved I use one time only, then I don't need them. Then it becomes an issue of having too many documents saved that have no purpose.

Also, I don't like the auto save feature for documents. I often type up a few sentences to cut and paste into a different web-based program, and the document is automatically saved. Soon I will have hundreds of documents with no titles that will need to be deleted. Deleting documents is extremely time-consuming as well, not user-friendly and requires multiple steps in order to delete one useless document that should never have been saved in the first place. Stop the autosaving! Users are intelligent enough to know if they want to save a document.

• Matthias Viranyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft! Please stop thinking you have great ideas. Its hindering, frustrating and lowers trust. As many users pointed out, they are in control of what resides in their OneDrive, SharePoint whatever. And with this you should never, even thought of, play. You want to be taken seriously? Stop childish features that no-one needs and finally fix all the things that you didn't do for over 10 years.

The engineers at Microsoft must be real flipping daft. Who the heck thought this was a good thing to do? It's been 3 years now and no fix in sight?! #WTF

Fix it or am taking my business elsewhere!

+1000 this is so stupid and especially stupid that i have to explain this folder for every user in our company. They all think they must put their files into that folder..

I've found a fix.

If you enable the app "Flow" it creates a connection with your OneDrive and outlook. you can then go into "manage your flows" and delete those links. Then disable "Flow" and it will confirm you have removed it all.

This has fixed the issue for me.

• sravankumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really not understanding. Why Microsoft taking this amount of time to solve such a small issue. Even MS doesn't supporting iCloud service in Word iPad app. OneDrive also doesn't have iOS 11 files app integration. I don't why these big companies acting more stubborn. They are not thinking about customers.

• Stefan Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that mobile apps need somewhere to store their information. I really value apps that back up their settings in OD (like the Arrow Launcher--now Microsoft Launcher). However, they shouldn't be able to store their data anywhere in OD. It'd be nice to have a single Apps folder that they're forced to use. (And there is an Apps folder, but it's only used by Bing.) Currently, I have Apps, AppStore, ArrowBackup, BingClients, Email attachments, IpCamController, and tinyCam Monitor PRO all in the root of my OneDrive folder. It's ridiculous. :-)

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is taking so long to solve! Dear Microsoft, STOP, STOP, STOP all automatic folder creation on all platforms and do it NOW! Should be easy fix.

• Eric in Ottawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone, I've been reading the hundreds (truly) of complaints about the stupid persisting empty folders (Email attachments, etc.), and I can't help but laugh over MS' lack of interest in their customers' needs and requests. I see a four month old post from MS, stating that they are looking into the issue (finally, after hundreds of complaints spanning many months). Unsurprisingly, four months later and nothing! Frankly, my confidence in MS having actually looked into the issue is not exactly solid, and even if they did, it wouldn't have been a priority task because it's something that their clients request, not something that would make them money, therefore it would have just been bumped to the "dormant" projects. It's relatively common knowledge that MS' priorities have never been focused on customer satisfaction, but only on profitability. Similar to Google, MS has little to no interest in customer care and client satisfaction. Instead, their focus has always been on maximizing revenues, regardless of customer feedback. Anyway, my best advice to you all is to do what I am doing... cancel your Office subscription and ditch your Onedrive. I've switched to Mega.nz for cloud storage (I highly recommend!), and I'm switching to one of the many free and excellent open-source office solutions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base