OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Bring back black background on photos slides

Background now is white on photos.

Please change it back to black, or give users the option to select it.

For photographers this is important. My wife now is all upset about this.

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Juan Carlos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A basic, required feature. Even more needed than adjusting the timing. Both should have been done years ago.

• Kimberly Richey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do think so it really brings out a lot more and pictures and I think it would look a lot better the future an are features especially in this century

• Kimberly Richey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree black your would be better then default backgrounds all different time they can make it a lot better I just don't understand why they haven't maybe they will soon

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has been getting better with themes and dark mode so this is puzzling that they would make the photo album white only. Black background should be the default as many users would not know any better.

• PO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the above. White background is totally unflattering. Because of the added brightness I find it quite distracting as well.

• Karoline Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Why on earth has this been changed? I have just spent ages uploading my photos to show others and that they would now be on a WHITE background! They look HORRIBLE! Now I am reluctant to show the photos to anybody and am thinking I will have to transfer them elsewhere. PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Black Background quickly!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to know why this change was made. From my perspective the white background takes away from photo presentation. Since sharing photos is one of OneDrives objectives why choose to do something that degrades the experience? Very frustrating to know that I have committed to OneDrive and now must decide if I can live with it and go through the torture of moving everything to Google. I expected more from Microsoft not less.

• dw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This totally degrades the photo viewing experience. Apple wouldn't allow this.

• Cavemandude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change the background back to black. White is a horrible choice for viewing photos accurately, makes photos look too dark. Why did you guys do this and not give an option to still use a black background?

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will stop using it if I cannot change the background to black. So many other limitations to OneDrive this will be the one to finally get me to leave it behind.

Feedback and Knowledge Base