OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Make Search powerful and a 1st class citizen on OneDrive

OneDrive's search does not include tags and leaves out meta data. File names with binding characters like_this_file.docx would not be indexed in a way I could search for it. All in all there is a missed opportunity to allow for advanced search by type, date and analyze the content of digital assets like pictures, music, videos for automated (searchable!) tagging. You have such a powerful Search Service with Azure Search at your disposal, why not use it to make search one of the most powerful capabilities of OneDrive? This could be a true game changer since there is no better way of staying productive than a powerful search engine.
Please, please, please exploit that potential!

317 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
thinking about it  ·  Can Comertoglu responded  · 

We are investing in better search experiences across the system, so moving this to “thinking about it” status.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jen Stirrup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd like the ability to search, and then download more than one file at a time in the search results. It feels unproductive to have to do this individually, file by agonizing file.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see a searchable full-file text reverse index available for my OneDrive folder. It should be possible to run a background agent (similar to Copernic Desktop Search and other similar search utilities) that maintains the index. This would allow rapid and comprehensive searching of OneDrive files by filename and file contents. The same should be possible for Exchange/Outlook mail folders too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base