OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

File request feature

I am looking for file request feature like dropbox. where even unregistered users can upload their files. Basically i want that feature so that my clients can upload their files which range from 2gb to 6gb at times. Where anyone having link can upload their files. I am thinking of buying outlook for business. But there is no meaning of buying it if i cannot do that.

167 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bhavdeep Ghai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bruce Herman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding patent, AnyTask has this feature also. Unfortunate that MS has been SO slow to adapt to cloud computing. More missed opportunities.

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a teacher using Office 365, this would be a LIFE SAVER. Having my students upload their assignments to OneNote only works if they all hand it in on time (if they hand it in late, I need to be manually checking their sections since there is no notification). I have used Dropbox's File Requests in the past, and it works very well, but I have far more space in Office 365 than DB. Would love to see this feature added. Thank you.

• Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an extensive OneDrive user. Unfortunately, it has not been able to keep up with my demand. As a result, before giving up on it, I reset everything and turned on Files On-Demand. Other than the fact that it has been processing this request now for over 24 hours, my very serious issue is that the files which I selected to "Always keep on this device" still aren't there. Can you please modify your algorithm to push these files to the top of the queue? As a distant second request, if it's going to take multiple days to synchronize a few GB, can you give a more detailed status? When I check, all I see is a random number of changes being processed. Thank you

• Conrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using FileRequestPro.com to receive files from customers in our OneDrive folder. We create a file request links, no need for our customers to create an account in OneDrive.

Very similar to how dropbox works.

Would be great to have this bundle into OneDrive

• Jeff Goddard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rohde, I'm curious why companies like sharefile seem to be able to do this. Maybe they are paying for the right to use the dropbox patent?

• Rohde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropbox has patented this US20160308881A1 - so you won't see it on any other platform anytime soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base