OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

933 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crazy limit - we need to upload one file which is 17gb - now where do we put it? This is a paid for service! Office 365 is not a serious business package - small file limits, no inbuilt crm, poor and old fashioned user interface - I am amazed it leads the industry...

Really needed, at least for OneDrive Plan 2 ! I mean, the max storage limit is 25TB but we can't upload more than a 15GB file. It's useless, I wont upload 25TB with Word files...

And one more fun thing, the "OneDrive" limit is 20GB per file and for "OneDrive for Business" it's 15GB, seriously ? We pay business license and we have more limitations, ridiculous...

Thanks in advance to correct this problem

• JRH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would I pay an annual fee for Office 365? 1 big factor is off site back up with One Drive. I want to image my drive and store it on One Drive. Nope, didn't work and now I know why. Google's Office suite is looking more attractive.

Our marketing department cannot upload majority of their short video clips they are collaborating on because of this limit. Really inconvenient

• sdft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're paying 50k+ a year for office 365 services and can't use the onedrive efficiently due to file size limitations. Ridiculous!

• Edgar Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just voted bro, at this moment we have a 20 gb limit, however is bs, I would like to backup my whole computer files in the cloud but this marketing tactics are nonsense.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that at least one of these posts is a year old and Microsoft hasn't done anything about this problem. They want everyone to move to Office 365 and then force them to live with a ridiculous 15 GB upload limit.

Perhaps they want everyone to switch to Google Drive (5 TB uploads) or iDrive (up to account limit uploads).

Every time I contact Microsoft it's the same thing: we'll have someone look into it. They must be the slowest tech support in the world.

Fix it or users will get tired of waiting and go elsewhere.

limit for 50gb is make sense but 15 gb ????? please your cust is not only small company .

Hello Microsoft, with all these weird Sharepoint limitations regarding file naming, a file size limit of 15GB is another stumbling block to be resolved urgently!!!!

I was about to purchase Office 365 Personal (to get MS Access 2016 and 1 TB OneDrive space, as I'm about to run out of Google Drive space), but then I found out the upload limit on file size is only 10 GB. WHAT?!?!?!?!? I wanted to back up my Outlook .pst file (>25 GB) and larger files, but now I guess I'll opt in for a large Google Drive plan instead. Microsoft lost my business, since 10 GB will not work, but Google's 5 TB limit is more than sufficient for me.

• Santi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you contract 1Tb space why can't you use it how you want? please don't put a limit for a single file.

Currently the files size for uploading to Sharepoint online Or OneDrive for business is 15GB. this needs to be increased. Having 1 TB space become useless, unless the file size is not increased

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To those who may wonder why this is not an instant fix or a next month update please find the following details:

If Microsoft were to consider up-ing their file size limit and adapting a unlimited OneDrive file limit, etc, this is more of a business decision and financial cost than it is feature. For example, Microsoft may have to analyze the sales and potential growth and user consumption of OneDrive in order to assume if this request is viable for their business. For example, if Microsoft were to adapt unlimited OneDrive storage space, 5tb file size limit, etc (basically what Google drive has right now), they would have to consider are they going to loose money or make money by doing this. Sure, us customers would say yes it would, but what would entice users to pay (whatever cost) to use this service over another such as Google drive in the future. Furthrmore, what would the costs look like or change for the customer,, and if they were to increase it, how many customers would continue to pay and how many would consider moving, etc. Additionally, they may have to consider how this may impact Azure Storage customers and their profitability.

On the other hand, let's assume that they do adapt this unlimited feature business for a reasonable cost. You then have to have a maximum daily upload limit or throttled speed. For example, if you have a million customers uploading 100s to 1000s of gigabytes per day, how is Microsoft going to be able to scale profitability as users upload. The time it takes to order and ship servers to various datacenters around the world, the time it takes an individual or team to install and setup the server, and the time it takes to replicate, and adapt the backup system are all major concerns and issues that must be tackled on an on-going basis that must be considered when implementing this request.

In conclusion, I do agree that Microsoft should adapt to a similar service to Google Drive where unlimited OneDrive space and a high or reasonable file size limit is in-place. I would invest my money in Microsoft instead of Google if they had this. But even if Microsoft were to reply to this saying that they would consider it, it may take months or even years to come to a decision and long term plan.

Note: I do not work for Microsoft, these examples or information I listed above do not or reflect the values of Microsoft. I do not work for Microsoft. This is just my opinion and perspective on the situation.

• Bryan Meehan, Sr, President commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A 15 GB file limit is a 1990's Microsoft Policy that interfered with my company's ability to perform on a State Contract today. We wasted over 5 hours, searched OneDrive Help, downloaded OneDrive PowerShell and ran through massive manual scripts, adjust the OneDrive Admin GUI to 2048GB per user only to discover Microsoft is hiding this 15GG per file size limitation. When paying thousands of dollars in user fees, Microsoft should provide an upfront and ongoing disclosure of unexpected system limitations or cure any major deficiencies. Google Business provides 5TB on raw files. How many corporate users need to switch to Google? We love Microsoft products and certainly don't want to switch or have to supplement accounts. Does anyone have common sense at Microsoft? This is an old post that has fallen on deaf ears! Please help. Respectfully submitted. Bryan Sr.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base