OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

1,347 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cyrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, I was disgusted to find this limitation only after I created the onedrive account and paid for it. I bought it specifically to upload a large exchange archive with files 20-40GB in size. disappointing....

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This limitation renders our storage capacity useless. Microscoft should note this limit front & centre on their pricing page, as this should cost them many many customers.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being trying for 18 months to get Microsoft to change this stupid limitation. All the other 'players' in cloud storage allow much greater limits. I can't upload a 65 GB backup file to my 1 TB account. Why not?

PS to one comment here about using WinRAR ... you're missing the point. Most backup software will split files into 'uploadable' sizes. We shouldn't have to if the file size doesn't exceed the account limit.

• Jef Ritter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This upload limit is making the work we do very difficult, as many of the files we work with can get in excess of 40gb.

• Afflospark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its an awesome idea today we are in the age where all people want 4k video, images and too much data,
    And you know I think 15GB just a barrier on which Microsoft has to think. Because now everybody wants to explore and save their memory on the cloud.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need to increase OneDrive for Business Plan 2 file size limit from 15GB to at least 100GB.
    Cloud storage is vital to our business and others, therefore, a limit so small is difficult to deal with. We generate files in excess of 50 GB, so a file size increase is needed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My immediate need here is uploading my VM images (which is ~30GB each) to OneDrive.

• Bruce Bullis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This arbitrary(?) limitation prevents OneDrive from being a viable choice for our organization.

• Adam Kuo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For today's technology.
    15GB is far too small, Google offer 5TB however, the 2 TB+ is the minimal standard.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need to increase the file size limit. Cloud storage is vital in computational science and a limit so small is difficult to deal with. Simulations easily generate files in excess of 50 GB, so a file size increase is needed.

Using Office 365 in a working environment, this would be great for sharing Subsea/Geoscience data with partners and external parties. However, we're restricted by the upload size. Please increase this!

• Haider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is MS not responding? Tought they said they will respond to every everything if there are at least 500 votes?

When is Microsoft going to get it's head out it's *** and provide users with a workable upload limit. I've commented on this for over a year.

As is typical with Microsoft, they work on features they 'think' people want and ignore the features they need. Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 is a classic example.

I pay for 1 TB of storage (through Office365) and I can't upload a 65GB backup file to my OneDrive account because of this ridiculous limitation. Why?

Move to Google Drive (5TB limit) or any one of numerous cloud storage services the understand the user's needs.

Microsoft wants to be a player in cloud storage ... what a joke!

• David O Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have full backup images of a server that are around 275GB. I need to back them up to the cloud. Your upload limit is too low. If I'm paying for 1TB of storage I should be able to upload a 99GB file!

• Jason Cheung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

obviously they are selecting ideas to reply and they choose not to reply to this topic because they know they dont give a fuc*

• Somebody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pathetic and ridiculous there's a 15GB limit on a 1TB Office 365 Premium license, E5 license, etc. Doesn't make a difference if I upgrade the OneDrive service either? These limitations don't make any sense for such a large company. You should have solved this problem by now. It's similar to the ridiculous limitation you put on Office 365 email traces longer than 7 days; you make the user wait hours for searches that span longer than 7 days! Insane for an email cloud service. Love Satya Nadella, but you guys still have old, stupid and backwards mentality on several areas. Granted, OneDrive has been unstable garbage with sync issues for many many years now, but still.

• Ismael Martinez Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increase the size of files that can be uploaded to the 10 Gb service to 50Gb, for example. The new formats, resolutions increase exponentially the size of the files.

I've made the suggestion on this post for nearly 2 years that the uploaded file size limit is ridiculous. Every time I complain to Microsoft, they 'encourage' me to post it here. What a freakin' joke!
    We pay for at least 1 TB of space and then are limited to a lousy 15GB upload? Why? Of the other cloud services I've looked into, the upload limit is typically 100 GB to (in some instances) 5 TB.

Microsoft claims it's making all the features of Office 365 better and more usable.

Prove it ... change the upload limit to 100 GB. At least it would be more usable. As it is now, I pay for 1 TB and can't upload a 35 GB backup file.

Yes like others have echoed, please increase the file upload size to more than 15 gig. Hope you are listening!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base