OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

1,174 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David O Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have full backup images of a server that are around 275GB. I need to back them up to the cloud. Your upload limit is too low. If I'm paying for 1TB of storage I should be able to upload a 99GB file!

• Jason Cheung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

obviously they are selecting ideas to reply and they choose not to reply to this topic because they know they dont give a fuc*

• Somebody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pathetic and ridiculous there's a 15GB limit on a 1TB Office 365 Premium license, E5 license, etc. Doesn't make a difference if I upgrade the OneDrive service either? These limitations don't make any sense for such a large company. You should have solved this problem by now. It's similar to the ridiculous limitation you put on Office 365 email traces longer than 7 days; you make the user wait hours for searches that span longer than 7 days! Insane for an email cloud service. Love Satya Nadella, but you guys still have old, stupid and backwards mentality on several areas. Granted, OneDrive has been unstable garbage with sync issues for many many years now, but still.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it that we can only access 236gb of a 5TB OneDrive for business, that has been mapped? This is so ******* stupid. Stop limiting this. You were supposed to fix this 4 ******* years ago. ******* do anything. Your company is worth Billions yet you can't hire anything better than idiots?

• Ismael Martinez Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increase the size of files that can be uploaded to the 10 Gb service to 50Gb, for example. The new formats, resolutions increase exponentially the size of the files.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made the suggestion on this post for nearly 2 years that the uploaded file size limit is ridiculous. Every time I complain to Microsoft, they 'encourage' me to post it here. What a freakin' joke!
        We pay for at least 1 TB of space and then are limited to a lousy 15GB upload? Why? Of the other cloud services I've looked into, the upload limit is typically 100 GB to (in some instances) 5 TB.

Microsoft claims it's making all the features of Office 365 better and more usable.

Prove it ... change the upload limit to 100 GB. At least it would be more usable. As it is now, I pay for 1 TB and can't upload a 35 GB backup file.

Yes like others have echoed, please increase the file upload size to more than 15 gig. Hope you are listening!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still agree, this is the only service I know of that still has a small file size limit. Seriously, 25GB is even better than 15.

Microsoft: Take the ******* 15gb limit off OneDrive uploads. Why would you limit my purchased storage? I never asked you to... I paid for it... You want to make it a default, with an option to turn it off, I'm fine with that. But at least give me the ******* option! Why do you always take a great idea, and ***** it up?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft, I work with many FEA files larger than 15 GB in my aeronautical structures engineering position. Please remove move this limit to accommodate much larger files. Thank you.

• Adel Badiee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase this limit! It’s ridiculous! I’m a structural engineer and almost all of my simulations are more than 15 gb!

For some of us, 15GB is limiting. It is very inconvenient to go through the process of splitting files to accommodate this limitation of 15GB. I hope Microsoft starts seeing the light soon!

With 15 GB file-limit OneDrive is nearly useless for own Videos from HD or UHD Camcorders...

• Skyler Hollin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to utilize the OneDrive to replace our external backups but we have databases that are more than 15GB.

• Ian Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to support file sizes over 15GB. I have a video file that is 19.7GB just waiting for that happy day when this limit is increased.

This is a crazy limit - we need to upload one file which is 17gb - now where do we put it? This is a paid for service! Office 365 is not a serious business package - small file limits, no inbuilt crm, poor and old fashioned user interface - I am amazed it leads the industry...

Really needed, at least for OneDrive Plan 2 ! I mean, the max storage limit is 25TB but we can't upload more than a 15GB file. It's useless, I wont upload 25TB with Word files...

And one more fun thing, the "OneDrive" limit is 20GB per file and for "OneDrive for Business" it's 15GB, seriously ? We pay business license and we have more limitations, ridiculous...

Thanks in advance to correct this problem

• JRH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would I pay an annual fee for Office 365? 1 big factor is off site back up with One Drive. I want to image my drive and store it on One Drive. Nope, didn't work and now I know why. Google's Office suite is looking more attractive.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base