OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

1,601 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an Office 365 Business Premium account with 1TB OneDrive storage and a 50GB Exchange mailbox. I may want to backup my Exchange periodically and store in my OneDrive but can't do it due to the 15GB file size limit. Please fix this, the file size limit needs to be increased - it doesn't even match your Exchange mailboxes never mind the competition!!!

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the value of giving us 1 TB of storage space in OneDrive if we're limited to a 15 GB file size? I'll be storing video in Google Drive.

• Kari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, with increasing file sizes, larger databases of content and HD/4k content, 15gb is being hit now in our team fairly regularly.

• Tom Verschelde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please increase the file size on ondrive for business, a lot of my costumers are using big video files and i can't sync them with onedrive!!

• Bryn Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can sympathise with having a file size limit for uploads, but 15GB is way too low. Having to create volumes with 7zip so that larger files can be uploaded is a serious drag.

Somewhere in the region of 25-50GB at a bare minimum would at least avoid users from more frequently running into an issue like this. But considering the rise of 4K content, a limit of 150GB would probably be much more sensible.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this state of the art to limti the space for download to a so low value.
    Even the Share Point size for Business (fre of Charge) is not matching the private one drive part what creasy Thing.

We have mutch better experiance with other Cloud Systems i use also in private area.

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Por favor, incrementar el tamaño límite de 15 GB, para nuestra carga de trabajo de respaldo de maquinas virtuales, es muy tedioso tener que dividir los archivos en partes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

15GB is tiny these days, with the era of 10Gbps broadband, 8k video and even computer VHD/Images.... its not feasible to be limited to 15gb.

Can the problem be gotten around by compressing files or using a particular format or any other means so that a larger than 15 file will become smaller than 15?

• Cyrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed, I was disgusted to find this limitation only after I created the onedrive account and paid for it. I bought it specifically to upload a large exchange archive with files 20-40GB in size. disappointing....

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This limitation renders our storage capacity useless. Microscoft should note this limit front & centre on their pricing page, as this should cost them many many customers.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being trying for 18 months to get Microsoft to change this stupid limitation. All the other 'players' in cloud storage allow much greater limits. I can't upload a 65 GB backup file to my 1 TB account. Why not?

PS to one comment here about using WinRAR ... you're missing the point. Most backup software will split files into 'uploadable' sizes. We shouldn't have to if the file size doesn't exceed the account limit.

• Jef Ritter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This upload limit is making the work we do very difficult, as many of the files we work with can get in excess of 40gb.

• Lu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please increase to 5 TB per file same as google did!

• Afflospark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its an awesome idea today we are in the age where all people want 4k video, images and too much data,
    And you know I think 15GB just a barrier on which Microsoft has to think. Because now everybody wants to explore and save their memory on the cloud.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need to increase OneDrive for Business Plan 2 file size limit from 15GB to at least 100GB.
    Cloud storage is vital to our business and others, therefore, a limit so small is difficult to deal with. We generate files in excess of 50 GB, so a file size increase is needed.

My immediate need here is uploading my VM images (which is ~30GB each) to OneDrive.

• Bruce Bullis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This arbitrary(?) limitation prevents OneDrive from being a viable choice for our organization.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base