OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Allow MTS video play format on Browser

If possible allow other Video Formats on the web including MTS

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adithya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALL my home movies are in mts raw. Also the apple pic with live vids don't show the vids part

• Brent R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really sad that Microsoft removed previously supported formats, including the .avi and .mts formats. Really sad that they are choosing regression instead of progression

Won't buy the onedrive premium any more if the mts support is not available - simple as that

• Mark Lega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also shared MTS files in the past and can no longer do that. We would like this capability otherwise use of this product is too limited for me.

Please support .MTS files! I just switched all my files from Google Drive to OneDrive, and I just realized I cannot play these files on OneDrive. So sad!

• Alan Olegario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was trying to share MTS files with friends, but didn't work. Ended up having to share them on Google Drive :(

Sony are a pain, tv and cameras don’t sync with other formats, will not buy Sony again.

The solution I was given was to convert to a supported format e.g. MP4. Since I have 168 video's this would be a major task . Also when converted they would have the "date created'" as the current date rather than when the original video was taken. This is a major problem since this is used by Onedrive for selecting video's. It would look like all my video's were taken on the date I converted them.

I do understand why until a few months ago I was able to view .MTS (as well as for 3-4 years prior) if it was not supported on OneDrive. Why is it supported on Onedrive for business?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/file-types-supported-for-previewing-files-in-onedrive-sharepoint-and-teams-e054cd0f-8ef2-4ccb-937e-26e37419c5e4
    If I knew it wasn’t supported I would not have gone through the effort of uploading 168 video’s. I don’t even know how long it would take to convert all of these to a .MP4.
    My only option is to move to move to Google Photo (which supports .mts). and cancel my Offfice 365 subscription.

Please bring back support for .MTS

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable this function. Lots of videos we can't play in OneDrive.

Well - my camera Vids have always played on OneDrive - until recently. They were all and still are in MTS format so why did they change it??

• Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my Sony camcorder records in 1080 xMTS , presently not possible to play files on onedrive ! have switched to google play , ( no probs at all ) but would prefer to use one drive !

Feedback and Knowledge Base