Add options/features to ODfB Shared pages & reporting
On the ODfB SHARED BY YOU page there is a lack of ability to drill down into more details. Oddly, the SHARED WITH YOU page has more features, such as sort, filter, and sort columns by name or date, so it would be great to see matching functionality on both pages. (Both pages would benefit from more options.)
When sharing business files, a user should be able to organize and manage that shared list much better in order to protect and monitor their intellectual property. This has been a huge pain point for me, my co-workers, and our clients (to whom we teach OneDrive functionality).
I recently stumbled on how to RUN A SHARING REPORT, however it is hidden and could also use more details.
Please add some or all of the following to ODfB sharing capabilities:
(1) SHARED BY YOU page
- Ability to sort page, filter page, and arrange columns by file name, date shared, etc.
- Ability to widen columns
- Add to ellipsis menu: Open in file location (open file where it is shared from, not just open in browser/app)
- Add file path detail in the Location column or in the Details pane (currently the end point is listed, but a file path is more helpful when locating an individual file)
- Add more detail overall to the Details pane (the SHARED WITH ME page has more details than SHARED BY YOU, which seems counter-intuitive...finding files in ODfB is not as easy as it could be)
(2) SHARED WITH YOU page
- Ability to widen columns
- Add file path to the Details pane (helpful if located in a SPO document library)
- Add a File Owner column or File Owner info to the Details pane (helpful to distinguish between a file shared from a user's OD account vs. SPO document library)
- Ability to minimize or turn off the POPULAR AROUND YOU feature at the user level
- Ability to organize files into folders of the user's choosing, to sort by topic, project, etc.
(3) SHARING REPORTS
- Add RUN A SHARING REPORT menu option at the top of the SHARED BY YOU page (currently lives in page Settings > OneDrive settings > More Settings > Manage access > Run sharing report)
- Add legend/definitions to report: is User Name the person who received the shared item? What does it mean when User Name is the same as the sharer/file owner? What is the purpose of Link ID and AccessViaLinkID? (basic end users will not understand this, how are these fields relevant) What does Link Type mean?
- It would be great to see more of the options (column data) from this report in the menu at the top of the SHARED BY YOU and SHARED WITH YOU pages
Thank you in advance!
Your MSFT Partners and Customers