OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Ugly black bar at the top

Recent UI updates to OneDrive.com came with a very ugly, huge alien black bar at the top. It doesn't fit with the rest of the page and muted tones at all. I figured I'd get used to it but it still looks like something out of 1997, just a "wtf?" decision by the UI team. Makes me wish there was an alternative without this amateur lapse in design judgement, and you know, there is. Your entire competition. I just wouldn't want to switch over something as nitpicky as this, I'd like the whole UI to live up to it's level.

Also the logo of the service at the top left corner is missing the logo icon, a huge no-no in terms of branding. Remove the cloud from the OneDrive logo at the top of this page and you'll see why; kills the brand and continuity and frankly looks like a mistake has been made, gives a really amateurish vibe to the whole UI. Even the most junior designer straight out of school could tell you this is *the* biggest amateur mistake you could make. Only thing worse is stretching the logo "to fit the space you're given". You just don't do that, ever. Makes it seem like the designers just didn't care enough or, heaven forbid, were actually not designers at all, but mid-level managers instead.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The top navigation bar wastes a lot of space and makes the working area too small. If possible, please provide an option to hide the huge navigation bar while editing.

• Aaron Meyers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don't understand why the functional header we had before was replaced with this new mess. Why would I want all this wasted space with the black bar and then empty space around the white toolbar ...the old design was much simpler and left more room for my content.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. Please give us the color palette option that Outlook.com has to choose a different color instead of the ugly black bar at the top, and also display the OneDrive cloud logo too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base